Recent myLot discovery...

I always knew that I don't earn from posting discussions. But I didn't know until very recently that I don't earn by leaving comments on other people's discussions or by replying to comments on my own discussions. I only earn when they interact on those comments/responses by either commenting back or simply liking. So technically, I can spend many hours a day, leaving many comments (even long ones) on other people's discussions and replying to comments on my own discussions, and earn absolutely nothing, if no one responds back! So the way I see it, my earnings don't really depend on what I write about (whether comment or discussion), how I write it, how long it is, how many hours I spend, or how many comments and discussions I post. Rather, they depend on whether or not other people actually bother to interact with me on what I post. So why do I obsess over whether or not I have typos in what I post? Why do I read my own discussions and comments over and over to make sure they are typo free, flow well, and say everything I want to say. Why do I post, read, edit, read, edit... when no one may even look at it or comment back or like? Perhaps I am a perfectionist... And perhaps I should stop trying to be one.
A post that is typo-free and is easy to comprehend usually garners more readers. A post with typos and is difficult to comprehend is often too much of a struggle for most.
@Corbin5 That is true! A few typos is not bad. We are human after all. But if posts are filled with many of them then it wouldn't be a good thing. But you know I came across one post recently that was difficult to understand because of many mistakes and it had quite a few responses.
@lovebuglena It seems we just never know what kind of post gets so many responses.
@Corbin5 Yeah. When I post a discussion I never know how many responses I will get and if I will get any at all. But it seems that whenever someone posts a discussion pertaining to online earnings, be at for mylot or another site, that seems to get a good number of responses and interactions.
I strive to not make errors, however, I am human and errors happen. Thankfully we can edit our work.
One advantage of the site is that if we do make mistakes we can fix them.
@yugocean (4479)
Earning at myLot now is different from all ther websites. You post I earn, I post you earn. It was never an pay per post before, but now it is post so others can earn. You will not earn from your posts, but unless you post, others will not post for you, and you will earn nothing at all.
Well said!
@yugocean (4479)
@lovebuglena 2 words said is not enough
@cahaya1983 (9415)
But it's good that you strive to make your writing reader-friendly, even that can be a factor that could engage people to interact.
@lovebuglena Yeah that's understandable. You can usually see from the responses how many people are genuinely interested in your discussion. But then again, I don't necessarily leave comments on every discussion even though I read it from start to finish simply because I can't think of an appropriate response.
@kiran8 (15167)
• Mangalore, India
You are doing right ..we earn here only when others interact with us ,the more comments from our side the more responses we are likely to get.
@kiran8 You make a good point. More comments on our part gives us a higher chance of getting comments back and more of them. But at the same time, we may get hardly any comments or likes for our comments. And if that happens, it's like we wasted our time commenting.
@kiran8 (15167)
• Mangalore, India
@lovebuglena I agree , sometimes that can happen but most of the older members are responsible and realise that it is in the best interest of all members to respond and comment . The newer members may need some time to get used to the idea of mutual interaction
@LeaPea2417 (15252)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I have thought the same thing.
I am not sure exactly what you are referring to... But for me, knowing that I may spend a lot of time commenting and posting discussions but no one may interact on them is a bit of a downer.
@LeaPea2417 (15252)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@lovebuglena I do agree.
@Jackalyn (6677)
• Oxford, England
I had no idea this was how it worked. It does make sense.
Yep. I had no idea either until recently.
@Jackalyn (6677)
• Oxford, England
@lovebuglena It is an encouragement to reply. I love writing though so I am happy to make posts and so on anyway.
@Bluedoll (16790)
I'm having a rainy day. Went out side for a while under the porch roof and watched the rain drops disappear into the puddles. I was thinking about what you wrote here. Of course it doesn't matter and why should we care. But we do and sometimes we care more about what people write than how the stupid reward system works. Oh, did I write stupid? I didn't mean it the way it came out. Hi Leno. Please reply. Woopseedaisy, I broke a rule.
Did you misspell my name by accident or was it on purpose?
@Bluedoll (16790)
@lovebuglena oh sorry that was an accident. Lena. duh typo's sorry about that.
@nangayo (2287)
• Nairobi, Kenya
All said lets just help each other by interacting. Responding back and liking responses.
Everyone should do their part, but it should be because they want to and have something to say, not because they feel obligated to do so or have some motive.
I am old and I am about to stop caring about typo`s.
Good luck with that . I tell myself not to stress over them and I still do anyway.
@wongchoiyee (6568)
Take it easy.
Perhaps I should. But I hate typos and mistakes and want to make sure they don't exist in my writing.
@thelme55 (11777)
So true. Very well said. I try my best to write typo-free but sometimes, I still oversaw them.
At least here we can edit stuff we have already written, even stuff we have written a long time ago. Can't do that with published books. Well, with self-published books you can still fix the typos even after the book is published but that changes the publication date.
Right. I try to do this too as it feels like the right thing to do to keep the discussion going.
@maezee Are you referring to obsessing over typos or something else?
I would pass your post if I saw it in a bad way. I know a mistake here and there but not checking the entire post would mean you are not looking for people to comment. There is a nice lady here that does not read her posts. I don't either.
A writer should definitely read over his/her work before and after it's posted. But to keep looking over the same piece of writing over and over and over again is not necessarily a great thing.
• Denmark
I'm not a perfectionist but if I spot a typo, I can't let it stand. I have to correct it.
@MoonMaa (315)
I'm like that too. I always make sure everything is spelled properly. I'm am so happy for the edit feature.
@prashu228 (22817)
Yes that's right. That's what i do. If I don't want to post any discussion , i respond to a lot of others discussions..that works
@fishtiger58 (30689)
• Momence, Illinois
Typos are not the biggest deal, mostly when someone has a typo we all know what they are trying to say anyway.
Often enough that is the case. But sometimes typos make it unclear as to what is being said, especially when there are a lot of typos.
@fishtiger58 (30689)
• Momence, Illinois
@lovebuglena Yes well to many could confuse things
@pitstop (4874)
It's about posting to be interactive. Anything that catches people's attention will get them replying and responding b
Hopefully that is always the case here.
@carebear29 (26075)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
i eanr like crazy here but i am really active now.
What does that mean?