This past weekend's birthday

San Jose, California
My youngest daughter wanted a Gravity Falls themed birthday party, and we managed to pull one off despite being low on funds. The cake was homemade and decorated with the help of Pinterest and a free tub of frosting that we tinted ourselves. We took a trip to the Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz for the activity, which is supposed to be a mysterious location where gravity works differently -- water seems to flow uphill, people stretch out or shrink, depending on what side of the room they go to, and standing up right means that one leans at a 11° angle (it's an optional illusion, but a very effective one). Birthday girl was thrilled and our entire touring group and docent sang "Happy Birthday" to her at the end of our tour. We ate a packed picnic lunch at the site, and all of the kids made themselves a souvenir smashed penny.
Sounds like a great birthday party for a wonderful girl!!
• San Jose, California
I did try to make it fun for her. It still wasn't as good as I wanted it to be, but that's how things go sometimes.
That sounds amazing!! So glad it went well. =)
• San Jose, California
It still wasn't everything I hoped to do for her (I had different ideas for decorations than what I was able to manage, I wasn't able to give her a sleepover, etc), but it still worked.
@spiderdust Sometimes we just do the best we can and hope they love it. I am sure your daughter was happy and that is what matters.
@kobesbuddy (41131)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Hey, that sounds like a very fun Birthday party, for you and the kids, also!:)
• San Jose, California
I think she definitely approved of the location!
@kobesbuddy (41131)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@spiderdust It's no wonder your daughter was so happy, you made her Birthday very special!:)
That sounds like a mice day of fun for the birthday girl. I hope she had a lot of fun. Happy Birthday to her.
• San Jose, California
All the kids seemed to enjoy the tour. I highly recommend that people visit it at least once!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
That sounds like a great day. And as always the birthday cake turned out adorable.
• San Jose, California
It seemed to be one of the easiest ones to pull off (and not, at the same time... all those little drawings!), although I had originally wanted to do this one. I didn't have enough in the budget to buy any fondant, unfortunately.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@spiderdust yours looks just as good. I've been looking at the fondant sets at Wal-Mart
• San Jose, California
@thislittlepennyearns I had some free sample packets of fondant last year that Michaels was handing out (they were introducing a new brand that they had just started to carry) and hoarded them until it was time to make a birthday cake. Last year, the same child wanted a Shopkins themed party and I made her this Queen Cupcake cake (which was actually a giant rice krispie treat made in a giant cupcake pan) and used the fondant to make the embellishments.
So thrilled that she had a great time..that cake is awesome..I had to look up Gravity Falls tho..cool! Such a great time! Happy Birthday to her. Its my only childs bday today..my son..cept he is not a child anymore.. He did not want any cake tho.
• San Jose, California
Do people outgrow cake? Yeah, I'm only a little familiar with the show because of being around when the kids are watching it, but since it's one of those touristy "not quite in reality" places on the show, I thought the Mystery Spot would fit.
@spiderdust I don¨t outgrow cake ever haha
Glad everyone enjoyed it, especially the birthday girl
@kepweng (11558)
nice design of a cake and its a symbol?
• San Jose, California
It's an image from the TV show, and each little design represents someone in the cast.
@Platespinner (16527)
Sounds like a great birthday!
• San Jose, California
The kids had fun exploring the area too, especially once they found some banana slugs.
Your a good mother!
So glad this all went well. Sounds like quite a party.
@jobelbojel (6818)
This is an interesting birthday celeb for an amazing theme. Sounds great. Happy birthday to her!