Selling on Ebay

I have bought on Ebay but never tried to sell. I have had some success selling on Craigslist but it is not as productive as it used to be and I am considering selling on Ebay. If you have sold or tried to sell on Ebay, what have been your experiences? Any tips? I am very bad when it comes to shipping. I am unable to get to a post office. I spoke to Ebay Customer Service today and I was told that you can request the buyer arrange their own pick up. Is that correct?
@louievill (18133)
The problem with ebay is the charge even if the item does not sell, ebay also favors the buyer more than the seller in case or cases of a dispute. Over here we can post " for pick up only" along with the item description.
I posted my first few items and chose "for pick up only" we can also do that. I already got an offer on my Gucci purse which I just posted two hours ago. I asked $150 and I have an offer of $90.00. Gucci's normally are worth hundreds. I do not know if I should accept it or not. Do you think that I should take it?
@louievill (18133)
@bostonphil I think the decision to accept rests entirely on you, if you think it's a low ball and you can sell it higher then don't. If you think you need the money and there are not much buyers for that certain kind of item then by all means accept it.
@nonersays (2702)
I've never sucessfully sold anything. I was told that it was because I have no rating score. But I'll never get a score if nobody ever buys from me so its kind of a catch 22. I think you can arrange for local pickup if you sell in your area. And I know in the US you can arrange for a pickup at your home for large packages and the usps website has a postage calculator to know how much it needs on it.
Thank you. I have posted three items, choosing "for pick up only". I posted two Gucci purses. I posted one just two hours ago asking $150 which is a super deal and I got an offer for $90.00. My purse could be worth hundreds. Do you think that I should take the offer?
I have been able to sell three items on eBay but I am selling some very good things at very low prices. I do not offer shipping. Buyers are arranging for their own shipping and I recognize that it is an inconvenience so I price low.
I have only experience with selling on eBay where I ship items out to people. I dont get great money but manage to sell a lot of clothes.
I have one dress on eBay and I have one person watching it. What kind of clothes sells well on eBay?