What does the way the body works teach us?

Pixabay
By Hope
@1hopefulman (30178)
When we study the human body carefully, it can teach us much about how society should function. Have you noticed that? It can teach us the importance of harmony, cooperation. etc. There is no confrontation or competition in the human body. Every organ and part works for the good of the whole body. What have you learned that could be useful to society in the organization and the way the human body works? ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ephesians 4:16 (J.B. Phillips New Testament) ... For it is from the head that the whole body, as a harmonious structure knit together by the joints with which it is provided, grows by the proper functioning of individual parts to its full maturity in love. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- * Each body part is important and precious for the whole body * Each part works for the harmony and well-being of the whole body * No body part competes with another but cooperates for the good of the whole body * Each body part helps as it can and is able in a crisis
Yes, our body is a wonderful well oiled machine created by Father God to do what it needs to, to keep us alive and healthy. We need to do our part and not abuse it so it will continue to function the way God created it.
@1hopefulman (30178)
So true! If we all took care of ourselves we could could save a lot of money in medical expenses for the government and it could be used for hopefully good purposes.
@1hopefulman I agree, still the body does break down as it gets older, as I've found out.
@1hopefulman (30178)
@just4him Yes it does, as I'm going to be 68 in a few months. However, I have noticed a difference between the health of those that follow a healthy diet compared to those that eat a lot of junky food.
Listen to your body, treat it well, do not eat junk and it will stay healthy and last longer.
@1hopefulman (30178)
That's what I want to do but it's not easy.
@1hopefulman It's not difficult, with a little practice you can immediately know if your body is refusing something.
@1hopefulman (30178)
@LadyDuck To me it is more of a struggle as I miss not be able to eat some of the foods that give me a problem but I feel so much better when I refuse them.
@sabtraversa (13348)
The body will do its best to stay alive, while the mind might not always cooperate. A little depressing perhaps, but that's the first thing that came to my mind. But it's my body speaking.
@1hopefulman (30178)
Interesting! When that happens, could we be out of our mind? Whatever that means? But people do say something like "he must have been out of his mind when he did that". I never heard someone say, "he must have been out of his body when he did that". So is the body smarter than the mind?
@sabtraversa (13348)
@1hopefulman Yes, it seems like the body has the last word.
@1hopefulman (30178)
@DeborahDiane (22480)
• Laguna Woods, California
@1hopefulman - You make an excellent point in this post. We are all important, no matter what role we fill in life!
@1hopefulman (30178)
Yes, we can all make a positive contribution and can cooperate to make things better for all.
• Laguna Woods, California
@1hopefulman - That is a worthy goal!
@1hopefulman (30178)
@DeborahDiane If we think of the body every part plays a role to benefit the whole. Some body parts might be very small and yet important.
@peavey (16822)
I have learned and fully learned that when one part of the body is hurting or not well, the rest of the body is not well, either. It all has to work together. What I eat affects how I think and how I feel and the exercise I get affects how well I eat It all pulls together, as you said. I have also learned that sometimes things just happen to cause the body to lose it's balance of wellness and we must make a concentrated effort to get it back. We live in a toxic world and sometimes the best we can do is not enough so we must be prepared to handle those times, too.
@1hopefulman (30178)
So true! It is interesting that Jesus said that all his followers should be one, like one body, all working together. I love that illustration!
@peavey (16822)
@1hopefulman Yes I had that in mind when I posted my comment. It's true that when a member of the body of Christ is not operating well, it hurts the entire body. The opposite is true, of course. When each member is aware of its place and fills it well, the entire body prospers.
@1hopefulman (30178)
@peavey Exactly!
I'm always in awe of how our body works and how it can be resilient when needed
@1hopefulman (30178)
It is really something amazing! Imagine if we as a society or as a world functioned like the human body? Life would be amazing!
@1hopefulman It certainly would be
@1hopefulman (30178)
@buenavida (8090)
• Sweden
Our Creator has made us in a wonderful way, as all parts in our body work in harmony with each other.. Psalm 139:14: "I praise you because in an awe-inspiring way I am wonderfully made", King David wrote..
@1hopefulman (30178)
So true and thanks for sharing that Scripture. I was fascinated by the way all the body parts work for the benefit of the body. A good example for the family and the world.
@bluesa (13538)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
That balance is key, if we aren't balanced our body lets us know. Our society is not balanced and everything is going down hill.
@1hopefulman (30178)
The world is definitely out of balance.
@Ganma7 (2828)
If you take care of it you will have better health and that brings happiness
@1hopefulman (30178)
Right! We could also save a lot of money in medical expenses and that would make us also happy.
@sol_cee (15917)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
No body organ impeaches another unless.
@1hopefulman (30178)
Yes, unless it is diseased such has when one has gangrene. Usually, every part of the body cooperates with every other part.
I know if I treat my body right it will endure longer.
@1hopefulman (30178)
Right on! We might be healthy till 100 or more. Who knows?
• Dallas, Texas
From my own perspective, I agree with everything you have said and you are very wise from your own references and personal interpretation. It goes against common sense to defeat the purpose of a perfect body and a perfect mind. After all do you see a drunken person holding another person's life in their hands? No, that drunken person has no self respect therefore is not able both physically nor mentally to perform medical tasks to save another person's life. My perspective.
@1hopefulman (30178)
Thank you! We can learn a lot from the way the body works that can be applied in he community and in the world.
• Dallas, Texas
@1hopefulman , Indeed. The Earth is a living organism. We are living on it so we should really take good care of the living Earth if we intend to survive a long long time. The main reason God has kept us here instead of destroying us in an instant. The good in us outweighs the bad, but the good must be cultivated.
@1hopefulman (30178)
@lookatdesktop Yes, we reap what we sow! So, if want to reap good we must sow good.
@jobelbojel (7348)
Very true. The society should function as our organs. Organs of our body cooperates and function well for the better us! Good analogy sir!
@1hopefulman (30178)
Thanks for appreciating my point! We should want everyone to be happy and healthy.
@1hopefulman you are welcome. I liked it.
@kepweng (16794)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
do you exercise everyday?
@1hopefulman (30178)
Almost always do some form o exercise. It is important.
@crossbones27 (20264)
• Redlands, California
That is what I tell people about competition. Sure friendly competition as in fun but what we do as a society does not make sense. We still stuck as only the fittest survive mentality. Actually work together and not make competition out of everything everyone has a much better chance of not only surviving, but thriving much the way wolves do. They just less evolved than us or supposed to be.
@1hopefulman (30178)
Right! Some friendly competition can be fun as long as we keep it there. In the long run we do much better when we care for one another instead of trying to be better than one another.