What is the best hobby you have?

Moist chocolate cake
@thelme55 (15059)
Germany
I have that asked myself often times. I have a lot of hobbies but what I love most is baking. Maybe I have chosen the wrong job in my life. Maybe I should have learned to be a baker or maybe a confectioner, not to be a teacher. The photo is the decorated moist chocolate cake I have made for the friend of my best friend. This is the finished product of the cracked chocolate cake I have baked last time. I have written about it if you remember. Sorry my friends that I was not here much. I am trying to learn about my new but old Ipad. Maybe I will be often here tomorrow when I am at work. If I don't have a client, I use my time for Mylot. It is midnight here and I have to go to bed again. I hope your day was fine. I was free today but I have videochatted with my family and Angus in the Philippines . They are all fine. How about you? Anyway, see you tomorrow in your posts. I will try to catch up with my notification and comment to your discussions. Good night!
That cake looks yummy. My favorite hobby is drawing and painting people.
@thelme55 (15059)
Thank you @Kandae11. You have the same hobby with my better half. As I can see in your profile, you are very talented.
That looks really good. I like to do puzzles and read magazines.
@thelme55 (15059)
Thank you @Susan2015. I used to do puzzle in the 80's. I still read magazines when I feel to.
@kepweng (18571)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
you can make a business in baking its bakery
@thelme55 (15059)
Yes, I can @kepweng but I am not good in business. I am earning though from baking for others but this will stay as a hobby.
Look like a very yummy cake, nice job with the decorating.
@thelme55 (15059)
Thank you @TRBRocks420. It was yummy indeed.
@sol_cee (17302)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
And there are cupcakes too.
yeah, i noticed, too. and what i thought were cherries were actually butterflies! hahaha!
@sol_cee (17302)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
@hereandthere or ribbons?
@sol_cee i wonder if it's edible and what it tastes like
@kobesbuddy (55006)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Your cake is so beautiful, I love it! The decorations look so pretty. I don't care to bake, but my best hobby is collecting rocks. I have rocks from all over the place, wherever we go I bring one home.
@kobesbuddy I don't care to bake either, not good at it. My idea of cooking is the microwave! I do make dinner once a week, but most of it comes from a box or can. My husband is the one who likes to cook.
@kobesbuddy (55006)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Susan2015 I use to bake cookies, quite often. But, I have never really liked to bake!:(
@thelme55 (15059)
Thank you @kobesbuddy. I collect small rocks when I am in a holiday in another country.
@Srbageldog (8244)
You did a great job on the cake! I used to love baking but don't do it too much anymore. I'm not sure what my best hobby is. I would say writing but I make money from that so I don't think it's a hobby anymore. So maybe drawing.
@thelme55 (15059)
Thank you @Srbageldog. Writing is also a good hobby. I earn from baking cakes too but it is still a hobby as I don´t do it every day.
@thelme55 Then I guess writing fiction is my hobby.
You really have a gift for baking! That cake is gorgeous. My hobby is reading, and I also like to sew.
@thelme55 (15059)
Thank you @Corbin5. Reading is one of my hobbies too although lately, just online. I used to sew my own clothes when there was no C&A and other shops yet, which sell petite clothes. The last time I sew was last year when I sew curtains for my Philippines home.
Once again a beautiful cake! I am good at taking old ugly houses and making them pretty again.
@thelme55 (15059)
Thank you @andriaperry. Taking care of old houses and making them pretty again is super good. I love to watch this kind of show, "before and after" of old houses and even apartments. It needs a talent to do it right.
@Scrapper88 (1332)
It is not too late to become a baker. I have a friend who is a school teacher and she bakes in her spare time.
@thelme55 (15059)
There is no late if we want something to learn @Scrapper88. I don´t want to spend my time going to school and waking up early for that. I am in my late 50´s and don´t need the stress. Nowadays, we can learn a lot from youtube.
I think I should have also learnt to be a baker, or may be a Chef. I like to cook more than any other thing.
@thelme55 (15059)
I already thought that you are a chef @LadyDuck. You bake and cook delicious food.
@thelme55 Thank you Thelma, I love to cook and bake, but I never went to a school and when I see what my cousin (who is a chef) can make, I am in awe.
@thelme55 (15059)
@LadyDuck so do I. Watching a chef cooking and working have taught us how to cook and bake as well. I suppose that is because we are interested.
@JustBhem (42846)
• Davao, Philippines
My hobbies? I have a lot but I normally do is surfing the internet, being here in mylot and watch online movies.
@thelme55 (15059)
That is a good hobby. You learn a lot online while you can earn as well @JustBhem
@JustBhem (42846)
• Davao, Philippines
@thelme55 Yes, I am looking for a job most of the time.
@thelme55 (15059)
@JustBhem Good luck. I hope you will found one day.
@hereandthere (32762)
i didn't know you had a degree in education. but i think you're using it when your nieces. how is angus?
@thelme55 (15059)
I needed 1 year to finish my BSE college education @hereandthere but I got married and went to Germany. Yes, I am using my knowledge to my small nieces and teach them what I can. Angus is fine. He can still recognise my voice and keep on looking around when I call him through video chat.
@thelme55 what language does angus understand? german, english, tagalog, bisaya? i guess he's multilingual like you. hehe.
@thelme55 (15059)
@hereandthere I am wondering about that too. I think dogs can understand and react to the sound of our languages, not the language itself. I speak to Angus in different languages and he understands me.
The chocolate cake looks delicious. That is a nice hobby. If you are happy being a teacher then that is also good too. I love to read and that is my favorite hobby.
@thelme55 (15059)
Thank you @Hannihar. I love reading, too.
@thelme55 You are very welcome Thelma.
But at least you have a job that earns you much there. Baking is my Waterloo. I have already two failed cakes that I baked before. So, I gave up and never tried again. That cake looks so delicious! Please give me a slice.
@thelme55 (15059)
Yes, indeed @SYMPLYD. A part time job that is good does my travel expenses. . I wish I could give you a slice but the cake is already gone. Enjoy your weekend there.
@thelme55 That's okay if none was left already. At least , i know that it was indeed delicious.
@shubhu3 (18017)
• New Delhi, India
Wow! The cake looks really beautiful. Amazing.
@thelme55 (15059)
@shubhu3 thank you very much. Have a nice weekend.
@shubhu3 (18017)
• New Delhi, India
@thelme55 You too.
I like walking, running and my new favourite hobby of playing poker online. Been playing at PlayOJO and Sky Vegas, it's awesome fun. I tend to see friends as much as possible too and hope to hit a big jackpot one day and fly around the world.
@thelme55 (15059)
Those are good hobbies. I hope you hit the jackpot one day@ryanwardyhere. Good luck.
As usual, it's beautiful! My hobbies are shopping and scrapbooking. I love putting outfits together the most.
@thelme55 (15059)
Thanks @Dianne. Scrapbooking is a nice hobby. Shopping too but I am no longer fond of it.
We had a great day today! We got our puppy and my parrot has started trying to say a few things after 3 months of him living with us. I'm so excited.
@thelme55 (15059)
That sounds great. I would be excited too if I were you.
My hobbies lately were just to play with my dog and planting some veggies. They have not grown yet though.
@thelme55 (15059)
Those are good hobbies @Letranknight2015. I am doing that when I am in Pinas.