I May Have Lost A Friend.

The earlier post about if you would call the police has an outcome. I now know he is okay but the events from calling for a welfare check may have upset him a lot. Hopefully he'll forgive me. I guess I may have been too quick to call. For those who don't know what I'm talking about here is the earlier post:
I have a friend that seems to have simply gone silent. He has been keeping in daily touch for weeks. Yesterday I talked with him and was scheduled to talk...
I would have made the call. Usually, things like this remedy themselves over time.
@Corbin5 I hope you are right. They kicked in his door since he didn't answer.
@Berniezeitler Oh, dear. Well, let's hope this will remedy itself over time.
At least you know now that he's okay. If he's mad, he will get over it.
@Susan2015 I hope so. He's a good guy!
Glad to hear everything is ok, not much else you could do after 2 days not answering calls, that's not normal.
@TRBRocks420 I heard from him again after a text contact and apparently he was not as upset and glad someone cared.
@Berniezeitler Glad that your friend understand that you only wanted to help him.
@alberello75 (19376)
• Genova, Italy
But I think you, dear friend Bernard, have made the right choice! At least now you have the certainty that he is well. (From what I have understood) Have I done, a concrete reasoning, in your opinion?
@alberello75 (19376)
• Genova, Italy
@Berniezeitler Thank you. How did you spend this Sunday?
@alberello75 Resting thanks to health issues again. I get tired if I push through on a lot of things durring the week.
@Bluedoll (17050)
Thanks for giving the previous link since I didn't see it before now and would be wondering what you were talking about. I'm glad your friend is okay. Why didn't he answer the door? Who will fix or pay for the door to be fixed? Sometimes the police are the answer sometimes not. I'm glad he understood your caring.
@Bluedoll The police will apparently pay for the door. They saw him lying on the bed and when he wouldn't respond they went in thinking he had passed away.
@Bluedoll (17050)
@Berniezeitler Well I'm glad someone will pick up the bill for the poor fellow. I know of one lady that stayed in her bathtub after falling for around I think it was about 30 hours before someone came to check.
If he is really a friend he would understand. He may be mad or something but that wont be for too long. For how long have you two been friends?
@Friendlypink About 4 Months,
I had my ex husband do that one time..and it was very annoying, simply because there were two other people living here at the time. If something were wrong here, they would have taken care of it. However, if someone lives alone it is the right thing to do I think.
@snowy22315 He lives alone. I would not do that if others were living in the home. I'd try to reach one of them if I were able to otherwise, like you said they would take care of the situation.
I do believe you did the right thing by requesting a welfare check. Better to be safe than sorry. I hope that he understood your reasons behind the call.
Hmm well I am sorry to hear you may have lost this friendship but maybe he will realize you were only trying to help.
I'm sorry he got upset with you. I guess it depends on the person as to how they will react to that. =( Some people do get mad by it.
@LeaPea2417 (22476)
• Toccoa, Georgia
You did the right thing. Hopefully, he will realize you care about him.
I can understand not being happy about pilice showing up at his door but at the same time you were worried. Id do the same thing.