Favorite New Model Army Songs #1 - "White Coats"

Denver, Colorado
All good things, as they, must come to an end, and that saying rings true today. We have reached #1 in my Favorite New Model Army Songs series, and the top spot belongs to "White Coats." Originally the title track of a 1987 EP, "White Coats," along with the rest of that EP, was included on the CD release of the band's 1989 album, Thunder and Consolation. A diatribe against the science community's ("White Coats" being the white coats that scientists wear in the lab) continuous research and improvement of weapons of mass destruction (remember, this was the 1980's. Nuclear war was inevitable back then. At least, that was the mindset,) over things that could actually extend and enhance life. The song also contains one of my favorite lyrics: "Hey hey, I listen to you pray, as if some help will come." And, the way I've always interpreted it, the "She" in "She will dance on our graves, when we are dead and gone" would be the Earth itself, celebrating the human race annihilating itself. Of course, I could be wrong. I've linked to the official video, which shows us the beauty of nature, rather than doomsday-sized destruction. Enjoy! (Info verified by Wikipedia)
from 1987's "New Model Army"
White Coats they are going to take me away Scott.Watch out.This I do not know.Give it a listen.
• Denver, Colorado
Well I hope you like it.
@teamfreak16 I did Scot.I was surprised my this.Thanks
Pretty dang cool this one Scott, thanks.. Hey did you see we gettin a big snowstorm Sunday night?
• Denver, Colorado
Yes, I saw that. First big storm of the .
@FourWalls (15727)
Yeah, I remember when they moved the "doomsday clock" back to five minutes before minutes. We never learn, do we..... Great series!
• Denver, Colorado
Ah, yes, the good old Doomsday Clock. I remember it well. Does that thing still exist? Thanks!
@FourWalls (15727)
@teamfreak16 -- yes. They currently list it as "two and a half minutes to midnight." Who's going to reset the clock to after midnight? Oh, yeah, Eric Clapton.
• Denver, Colorado
@FourWalls - Well Clapton is God, after all.
@crossbones27 (21983)
• Redlands, California
Beware of the white coats, kind of sounds like these times with a certain President. Cool song, but do not let Trump ever hear this song. He will do bad things out of spite. Really cool bass on that also.
• Denver, Colorado
Jason Harris was the bassist on this. He only made two albums with them. This might just be his best work.
• Redlands, California
@teamfreak16 Indeed, really stood out.
• Preston, England
great song - the video is very New Order
• Denver, Colorado
I like the video. Launching nukes and mushroom clouds would've been overkill.
• Preston, England
@teamfreak16 yes, very Dr Strangeglove
The protest against white coats can extend beyond just weapons.
• Denver, Colorado
That's true. Probably the case here, I've just always assumed it was about weapons and stopped there.
Awesome song for # 1 in the series.
• Denver, Colorado
Thank you. Glad you liked it.