Importance of that real good sleep you need to get everyday.

Hello friends, Being a super Clinomaniac, I love my sleep and it is really important to get enough sleep on a daily basis so that i wake up with a smile and feel energetic and enthusiastic about my work all day long. There are days when i go late to bed and end up having a grumpy and lazy feeling all day long. Such days, i really end up hating my existence and want to run away from everything and vanish in the air. I'm not exagerating, That's exactly how I feel when i dont get enough sleep. Your physical health and mental health both needs just 1 thing in abundance, and that's sleep
I agree on getting your sleep. I try to go to bed early and get up early. It takes me a long time to fall asleep. Sometimes I fall asleep fast and then wake up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and that throws off my sleep. I do what you are saying if you get a good night's sleep you wake up refrreshed and if you do not then watch out.
Waking up in the middle of the night and not getting sleep again, such days are really bad. You are all alone, left out in the middle of the night, know nothing to do, have no one to speak to, have nothing to eat, no place to go. OMG! Feels so lost. I know i can get a little dramatic at times, but yeah, such things happen to me literally when i wake up in the middle of the night and dont get sleep.
@Chibi05 Muser, that is horrible.
@cahaya1983 (10055)
I agree. If I don't get enough sleep I'd feel miserable all day. But I would feel the same way if I overslept too.
Yes, Oversleeping comes with a little bit of lazy feeling, a little bit of headache and other things like that.
I say that is true. I experience it last Thursday. I wake up and can't open my eyes and feel dizzy. But I still prepare going to work, but halfway preparing I doze off to sleep and my head is really aching when I wake up few hours later. I've been sleeping two hours to four hours for several months... And I really don't like the feeling.
This used to happen to me about 3 yrs back. I used to hardly sleep for 2-4 hrs and i hated my existence after a while. It takes a hit on your routine and also, your relationship with other people around you. I used to be so grumpy all the time, and lash out on people for even little things.
@dodoazo (17916)
Sleep is good for the body. But it differs on the need of one's body. If I overslept, I feel something uneasy. Too much sleep is also bad for the body. My question is when is sleep is enough? And when is enough, enough?
I agree with you on the oversleeping problem. I have that too. I think i should have worded it this way. Getting enough sleep is really important. For me, getting enough essentially means, i wake up smiling and feeling fresh without having an alarm to wake me up. Such days are the best, i have so much energy to go out and conquer the world.
I agree that sleep is very important... but it's extremely difficult for night owls like myself to go to bed early and then wake up early when my brain seems to be most active at night haha
Can't agree more than that. I can stay up late for like what you call it as forever, but i can never wake up early in the morning. Such a pain it is to wake up in the morning.
@Chibi05 Definitely not a morning person! Love to sleep in
@mysimplelot (1116)
• Asansol, India
I cannot sleep for more than 7. Actually I am a very late worker till now. But now I feel like making changes.
I am also looking at making some change, But i'm a lot lazier than i think i am. Maybe some day i will be able to change my routine for good and not feel bad about it.
I wish I could sleep better but I am lucky to get 5 hours in a night.
5 hours is way too less for the kind of lifestyle we live in now a days. You should consider getting more sleep.
@JasperTore (1317)
Sleep is essential to us because that is the time when our body make a maintenance in order for us to be good as new on the next day. I experienced the same as you when I have lack of sleep. I feel not good and lazy. I just want to stay idle and do nothing. This is the signal being sent by my body in order to rest and recover.