Glad We Don’t Pay To Like Comments and Posts on MyLot

@poehere (17342)
French Polynesia
My best friend joined a French forum site that she visits quite frequently. If she likes a comment, a new thread, or anything on the site, she is charged for liking this. They actually deduct her points to like a comment. There were many other things on the site that I didn’t like too. If you post a new thread in certain areas you don’t earn points for your new thread. You have to be technical in order to gain points on this site. If you post a thread that is similar to another thread on the site, your thread is deleted and you are charged points. You have to do a lot of searching on the site to make sure your thread isn’t the same or similar to another thread on the site. People on the site write tutorials that you have to pay for in order to open them and read them. If you comment on a thread that is deleted you lose points on the site. They have structured this forum site like a popular forum site that is only in English. It seems the only person who actually gains from this site is the owner and founder of the site. The two sites are so similar I am wondering if this guy has more than one site in different language. I am happy that MyLot doesn’t make us pay for each like we give to comments and posts on the site. We would all be broke in the end and stop coming here. Some other sites that people talk about seem to all be the same. The owner gets rich and you make nothing. It takes you over 6+ months to reach a small payout on these sites. I for one wouldn’t join a site like this and I am extremely happy with MyLot and all the friends I have made here. How do you feel about being charged to like a comment or post? What a rip off this one is for sure.
@spiderdust (2710)
• San Jose, California
This sounds nightmarish! I don't think I'd use that site at all.
@poehere (17342)
• French Polynesia
I saw it and you are correct. It is a horrible forum site and not one that is interesting at all.
• San Jose, California
@poehere I can't see how anyone would be able to make any money on there at all. Are you allowed to name the site, or are you not comfortable doing that?
@poehere (17342)
• French Polynesia
@spiderdust Truth it wouldn't matter if I named it or not. You wouldn't understand this site it is all in French. That is why I won't name it on here. I think there is only a very few of us here that can read/write in French.
@dodoazo (9967)
I have no against with that idea of liking fellow post and deducting credit from the liker which of little value I supposed. I remember the defunct Bubblews, once your post was deleted, the credits you received from that post were deducted as well as the other post which you earned credit is taken back from.
@poehere (17342)
• French Polynesia
I just can't see paying to like a comment on a post. It seems to defeat the purpose of liking it in the first place. At times, a comment can't be replied to so there is only one option and that is to like it. I guess if I had to do this I would just walk away and not worry about answering comments I had nothing to say.
@poehere (17342)
• French Polynesia
@Bluedoll This site has a good moderator and monitoring system. I really can't see anything wrong here with the way things are done. I understand if you do write something and it is offensive that it should be deleted. I just hope that people who read these types of posts would just report them and not comment on them.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
I would not join a site like that.
@poehere (17342)
• French Polynesia
I looked it over with her and it just seemed like a big waste of time to me. I think she only earns less than 30 coins a day. She needs over 5000 to even cash out. Then she has to sell these coins in order for them to pay her. It is just way to strange if you ask me and not one that is very good at all.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
@poehere That sounds like a royal ripoff to me. It would take her at least 6 months just to get the 5000 coins. Then she has to sell them? It might take her 9 mounts to a year to get a payout. She might as well go to a site that doesn't pay anything. She would probably get more enjoyment and less stress worrying about making enough then trying to sell the coins.
@hillhjill (4115)
I don't think that is right at all..sometime you don't have anything to say on a post so you just like it to let them know that is was read..but taking away Points not fair at all .there would be know way I would join a site like that.
@poehere (17342)
• French Polynesia
You are so right. So looks like you ignore the person and their comment and just move on. Seems stupid and strange to me to be on a site like this.
@hillhjill (4115)
@poehere it is stupid and very strange
@JustBhem (20592)
• Davao, Philippines
I haven't tried that site yet and I wouldn't try. I am contented with Mylot.
@poehere (17342)
• French Polynesia
I don't think you can try this site. It is only in French and I am not sure you know how to read/write in French. Plus I would add the name on here because it is a horrible site to join and be on. I wouldn't recommend this site to anyone.
@JustBhem (20592)
• Davao, Philippines
@poehere Oh, I see. So no need to for me research for it then. Thanks.
@Bluedoll (17074)
I do know what you mean, I was posting to a board a long time ago with a lot of strictly enforced rules and it wasn't pleasant at all. I understood the reasons for the rules but it was restrictive. Like do not make posts with a similar thread but it was a real pain searching for them. Then when you wanted to bend the topic just a little you could be accused of highjakeing the thread. Yes I know, I speelt that wrongly.
@poehere (17342)
• French Polynesia
I am a data recovery specialist and I do belong to different forums in my profession. I also have worked for paid forum posting sites when my arm was broken and I couldn't do anything else all day. So basically I joined a lot of different things online and played around with them. However, this site my friend is not is a terrible place and has so many strange things happening on there. It just seem like a site that is worth the time and effort to be there at all. I guess she likes it because she has been there for awhile but she isn't earning much on the site at all and it sems that so many different topics are deleted. I know she came with me to my organice garden two weeks ago and did write about this. They deleted it and charged her a lot of points for adding it there. I can't believe this one and it amazed me that it happened. I found nothing wrong with what she wrote and on top of all this there were some other posts that were totally off and they let them stay on the site. There is no reason behind this place and it just seems like a site that isn't so interesting and worth a lot of time to be there.
@cahaya1983 (8204)
Okay that's just crazy I'd be surprised if they still keep getting new members with such a system in place.
@poehere (17342)
• French Polynesia
I think they do. I know a lot of people like this site from what I could see about how many people were using it and writing new threads for it. However, most of the new threads are in the section nobody makes money for posting on. I guess they are hoping people will like this so they can earn a small amount for the thread.
Yikes. I wouldnt like that either. Plus its a bit confusing lol
@poehere (17342)
• French Polynesia
You can say this one again. It is not very interesting and basically with my friends knowledge not a very profitable site at all. She is not a technical person and doesn't understand that much at all. I take care of all her technical stuff for her and she is happy.
I agree with you, sounds like a rip-off and a big waste of time.
@poehere (17342)
• French Polynesia
I think it is. It takes around 9 days just to get 100 points. You need 5000 points to cash out $5 and then you are charged to do this in your PayPal account. How crazy is this.
@Scrapper88 (1016)
If I had to pay; I would not stay on the site for very long.
@poehere (17342)
• French Polynesia
I wouldn't even join it after what I saw.
It doesn´t seem a site I´d like to even like to learn its name.
@poehere (17342)
• French Polynesia
You are right. Plus, the site is only in French. So this wouldn't be possible to go there unless you know the language and how to read French.
I'm actually on a site that deducts a 'fee' for 'liking' things, with the effect being I don't 'like' something unless I think it is worth 'liking'
@poehere (17342)
• French Polynesia
I don't think I would like anything at all on that site. However, if the person was extremely helpful to a new member or other members I would consider liking his comment. You are helpful on this site and if you did the same on the other site I am sure you could gain a lot for people liking your comments.
That might work for some with no issues. I would not like that kind of site.
@poehere (17342)
• French Polynesia
I didn't like it much and was trying to find her something else to do. She doesn't read/write in English so a lot of places like this wouldn't be good for her to join. In French only there isn't all that much to choose from that she would like or even join.
Weird. I agree only the founder earns from it and I don't understand why people would even join that site...!!!!!:(
@YrNemo (7476)
My blood pressure would go up and up and up... if I had joined such a site.
I'd rather rip my hair out than try a site like that! The whole thing sounds ridiculous and a time waster. Here I shall remain!
I wouldn't join a site like that. If a site is an earning site, it shouldn't charge to use it. Yes, I love myLot. It's easy and friendly.
I find it a bit strange that it is working at all. I can't understand why anyone would join such a site.