What happens when you report a discussion?

@sol_cee (13598)
Japan
I saw a discussion yesterday. It was inappropriate and offensive so I ended up clicking the report button. It was my first time to do so and I am just wondering what really happens when a user reports a discussion. Will the writer see who reported him/her? Will the writer receive a warning/sanction? Will myLot admin take down a discussion just because someone reported it? Anyway, I checked the article now and it’s gone. And I still have my questions.
@owlwings (38179)
• Cambridge, England
Only you can see that you reported a discussion (or a response or a comment). Admin can only see that a post was reported (and how many times). He/she cannot see who reported it. When a discussion (or a response or a comment) is reported, Admin will look at it when he/she next logs in and will decide whether it violates the guidelines in some way. If it does, he/she will delete it (or may ban the user in certain cases). If it does not seem to violate the Guidelines, he/she may allow it to stand. Discussions are never deleted simply because they have been reported and many discussions are removed without ever being reported. It's worth pointing out that, when a discussion is deleted by Admin, the owner of the discussion should regard it as a warning. They should NOT repost the discussion but should recheck the Guidelines to understand why it was deleted! If the discussion owner is still unsure, after checking the Guidelines, why a discussion was deleted, he or she may send a PM to @goaskalice, giving brief details of the discussion, to ask why it was deleted. It's also worth noting that no earnings are lost, if they have already been updated, when a discussion is deleted.
@sol_cee (13598)
• Japan
Loud and clear! Thanks. ;)
@sol_cee got my answer
@sol_cee (13598)
• Japan
@responsiveme have you tried reporting any posts before ARM-san?
@sishy7 (27324)
Obviously admin was in agreement with you that the discussion violated the site's rules.
@sol_cee (13598)
• Japan
Same conclusion here. It’s really an offensive post.
The people that run this site will look into the discussion and they might kick the person off of this site.
@sol_cee (13598)
• Japan
Wow!
@owlwings (38179)
• Cambridge, England
@jstory07 Banning usually only happens in cases where the user clearly does not care about or intend to respect the Terms and Guidelines. Admin always tries to be fair and will usually only delete a discussion in most cases, though having a discussion deleted should always be taken as a warning!
It all depends. First, it will be 'flagged' by the system for someone to look at. It may or may not get deleted. And even if it doesn't get deleted at first, there is a chance it may be deleted later. Or it may not get deleted at all. But the only way the person that posted it will know you reported it is if you tell them you did it.
@owlwings (38179)
• Cambridge, England
@sol_cee Please read this post by Admin:
I just want to take a minute and remind everyone that if you are reporting a post, to please not comment on the post to announce that it was reported. It serves...
@owlwings (38179)
• Cambridge, England
@sol_cee You may, of course, send a polite PM to the user explaining the Guidelines. Sometimes, however, certain people don't react kindly or gratefully to being told what they did wrong. After long experience, my advice is to say nothing, either on the discussion or privately. Let Admin deal with it if the person complains! It IS useful to Admin, however, if you come across a plagiarised post and can find the original source, to simply post a link to the source without any further comment.
@sol_cee (13598)
• Japan
@owlwings got it!
@ilocosboy (33320)
Maybe it will be taken into action
@sol_cee (13598)
• Japan
What action?
@ilocosboy (33320)
@sol_cee it could be the assessment from the admin, and the action of course will be based from their assessment. Well, this is just my thought because i really have no idea about it.
@sol_cee (13598)
• Japan
@ilocosboy oh the action was taken. It was gone.
@peachpurple (11040)
I think the admin are checking on the post and the writer too. You did the right thing
@sol_cee (13598)
• Japan
Thank you.
@peachpurple (11040)
@sol_cee good job
The post gets deleted, I know it happened to me last month. Darn I never learned my lesson
@sol_cee (13598)
• Japan
Why was it deleted?
@Bluedoll (16822)
I think all your questions got answered. Correct? I had a post deleted a long time ago because I wanted to prove I could have a great discussion even if I started with a one word post. However it was deleted because for a while people on the site were complaining about so many posts which were much too short. I would like to try that again but don't want to annoy anyone so won't. Me bad!
@sol_cee (13598)
• Japan
Haha you, you.
@Bluedoll (16822)
I think I will report your one word comment post here! @sol_cee Not! - only joking You are good though with understanding what happens? If so explain it to me because I'm not always sure.
@sol_cee (13598)
• Japan
@Bluedoll It’s simple Bluedoll-san. Be a good girl. ;)
Yes, Admin takes it down. No, the person doesn't know who reported them. I think their account is also deleted if the discussion is bad enough. Though not always. I know there are people here, me included, who had a discussion deleted by admin who are still here. My problem was simply not following a simple rule. It wasn't a vulgar post as I don't write anything vulgar.
@sol_cee (13598)
• Japan
Really?
@sol_cee I only posted a video, nothing more, so no discussion equaled a deleted post from Admin.
@sol_cee (13598)
• Japan
@just4him but you didn’t lose your earnings right?
The admin usually will take it down but just because one person finds something offensive does not mean it is so that is where the admin looks over a post and deletes it or lets it stay.
@sol_cee (13598)
• Japan
True. Unbiased, the admins are.
@sol_cee That is how it should be!
@nangayo (2307)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I would also like to know what exactly happens.
@sol_cee (13598)
• Japan
Owlwings answered everything. You can read the comments below. :)
@nangayo (2307)
• Nairobi, Kenya
@sol_cee Thanks.
@ridingbet (37922)
i wonder if that discussion is promoting a website?
@sol_cee (13598)
• Japan
Nothing like that doc. It won't be offensive to me. ;)
@ridingbet (37922)
@sol_cee hmmm, that is also a question to me.
@kiran8 (15241)
• Mangalore, India
I too have never reported so far , so not sure how it works. I would think that the admin goes through it carefully before taking a final decision..
@sol_cee (13598)
• Japan
There are other buttons below our discussions that I wanna explore. lol
@kiran8 (15241)
• Mangalore, India
@sol_cee lol, they are meant to be explored and used , so why not ?
@Micmac (6849)
Good questions. I really don't have a clue what actually happens. Good to know that offensive article has been removed.
@sol_cee (13598)
• Japan
Now I know what happens Miki-san. Thanks to the prompt reply of the owl with the wings. ;) And the others too.
@Micmac (6849)
It seems as though you have your answer. I don't hesitate to report offensive posts. Good for you!
@sol_cee (13598)
• Japan
I can get addicted to this button. lol
@sol_cee Lol!!!! Just don't use it on me!
@thelme55 (11842)
Good that that offensive discussion was deleted. I have not seen it.
@sol_cee (13598)
• Japan
Good for you Thelma-san. It might make your blood boil. :)
@thelme55 (11842)
@sol_cee now that you said it, it might
• Lakewood, Colorado
It depends on what the Admin decides to do. I do not believe that the person will know you reported them.
@sol_cee (13598)
• Japan
Yes Tiara-san. Unless I tell him/her. ;)
• Lakewood, Colorado
@sol_cee Yes maybe tell them haha
@JustBhem (22537)
• Davao, Philippines
Never tried reporting anyone here. It would be better if someone will do that instead of me.
@sol_cee (13598)
• Japan
I waited for an hour but the discussion was still there. So I took matters into my own hand. ;)
@JustBhem (22537)
• Davao, Philippines
@sol_cee Oh, and what is that all about Sol?
@GoAskAlice (4179)
Owlwings answered your question quite well. I'm just here to confirm it.
@sol_cee (13598)
• Japan
I thought owlwings is part of the admin.
• Marion, Kansas
I see you have excellent and thorough replies. I do report from time to time. It has never had any ill effects on me.
@sol_cee (13598)
• Japan
Means you can sleep well at night? Kidding.. ;)