think I hurt my friend but I was honest.

My ex is here with me all the time. That is something that will change when he changes it. He and I were together as teens. Then we went our own way after he cheated on me and had a son with my next door neighbor. We stopped speaking and I moved out of state. I returned and we became friends again. He wants me to be with him again. The problem is that he is married. He has cheated and so has she. But he is not happy with her anymore. He stayed because she is a slack mother and housekeeper. He needed to care for his 4 daughters. The sad thing is everyone knows he is the glue to keep that house together. he left at one point and went in the shelter. I told him to report his wife for everything. Take the kids and go to the shelter. He would be so much better off by now. He stayed with her and just cheated. Could have been jailed with one nut case he was with. Tonight I had to be honest with him because he keeps asking for us to get together. I see nothing in him that I would want again. I love that he stayed for the kids. But to be with a woman that is that slack says something about you. He was upset and I was sad. I asked if that was too much for him to deal with he said no. I asked if we could not ever speak about it again. I was happy about that and blessed. See I am not like most people. I don't mind being that different is ok. I think for the most part I will be single forever and I am ok with that. I tell people all the time something is wrong with you if you could sleep in a dirty house. If you could see beauty in a woman that you can see is not clean. something is wrong with you. I tell my daughter all the time it takes a nasty person to be with a nasty person. That is one reason we can't live together. She is not a clean person. Her body yes and hair styling for sure. Home hell no. He was done talking and went to my bed to sleep. I wonder how hurt he truly is. I love him for life but not enough to ever be with again. I know he knows that I mean well but a lot of what I know of his wife is from growing up around her. I could smell her walking past me. And often times he had to ask her to shower. If He felt the need to remain in that house for any reason I bless him for it but that strain would not be possible for me. My mom does not like him coming here. She always wants me to send him home. But I know the condition of the house. And he is just tired now. Not in good health at all. But it's way too late now.
Sounds like you have made up your mind. He should appreciate your honesty. Yes, you may have hurt him. However, you would hurt more if you went against your own feelings.
Yes I would sure hurt more and that day will not come my way. I am going to continue to be honest for it would only free me up.
@sharon6345 you need to look out for yourself. He needs to understand that.
@ElusiveButterfly He has been with me through everything. I told him that with me doing so much better now. I cant do anything that will trigger me with stress and anxiety. i am not up for it.
At least you were honest with him and she should be grateful for that.
That is what I was hoping for sure.
@Ithink (6848)
You probably did, however I think it is better that the truth was told.
@Tina30219 (26592)
• Onaway, Michigan
Honesty is the best thing to do. You did the right thing.
@carebear29 (26161)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
like the old saying goes honestly is the best policy