The World is on Fire

...At least here in Northern California. Two neighboring counties, Butte and Yuba Counties, are under evacuation due to wide-spreading wildfires that have destroyed tons of homes already. We have an evacuation center set up here in my town at our fairgrounds. The governor has declared a state of emergency and FEMA and the National Guard are supposed to be sent in to help out. We're not the only area that's burning. Mendocino, Napa, Sonoma, and Anaheim counties are also on fire. I saw on the news that the sky above Disneyland is orange, smoke is choking the air and ashes are falling on the "happiest place on Earth." I guess my stepdaughter's aunt and uncle picked a bad time to take their trip. I joked that it's because her mother is there with them, she is causing it to rain ashes on Disneyland. All joking aside, things look pretty dire here in California right now. It has especially been a bad year up here where I live, particularly for Butte County. In February we had a mass evacuation due to Oroville Dam's emergency spillway coming dangerously close to failing. In the summer parts of Butte County had to evacuate due to forest fires; now this. I hope the firefighters are able to get all these fires under control and that more people don't lose their homes. Right now things are pretty devastating for the families affected.
I´m very sorry. Last summer our country had the worst fires in many years. The government had to hire special planes from other countries as we don´t have any of those.
I'm sorry your country experienced that. It is so hard to get these fires under control once they spread. And it has been very windy here the last few days.
@Srbageldog Once they spread, it is very difficult to control them.
@marguicha One fire near here is only 10 percent contained, the other is 5 percent contained. Entire neighborhoods and towns are burning down to the ground.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
That is devastating. Did they close Disney
I don't think they did, surprisingly. But I hear the air quality is very bad down there right now.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@Srbageldog I'm surprised they didnt either but I guess unless there's a danger theyll stay open to keep the money coming in
@thislittlepennyearns Of course, Disney is all about making money.
Yes, I feel you. My neighboring counties are also battling fires. I'm in SoCal. The sky is literally as orange as Trump's face.
That's pretty orange! I hope they get the fires under control. It's so odd that so many counties spread across the state are burning at the same time.
@Srbageldog Haha yes, very orange indeed. Yeah, I agree, it is very weird.
Oh man
It's scary!
@Srbageldog im sure it is! Stay safe
Have they said what started it? I know lightening strikes have been blamed before, and I was hoping that was it because I hate to think of another one started by a careless person or just a terrible person who commits arson.
I have not heard anything about what may have started them. Hopefully it wasn't arson or human error.
of courseDisneyland had s moke thefresin'a nahein hills and here in gard en g rovce halfthe d a y'the sunwasblottedoutb7the anaheim hills fre its c lose to disneyland n I ts a very bib fire teb people have alreadydied fro m it
I am sorry to hear this, I hope it gets under control soon.
I hope so too. It makes me nervous when the fires are nearby. And people I know are being effected by it.
Very sad to hear this. I hope they will be brought under control.
Me too. I heard that most of the town of Loma Rica, which is not far from where I live, has been destroyed.