Charge

the wires
@ridingbet (38163)
“Charge it to experience”. Tomorrow is my check-up to my cardiologist so I have to leave after lunch. My sister will also have her follow-up consultation so we will go together. My son will stay behind. But alas! Tomorrow, we will have the 12-hour power blackout. It is the electric company’s maintenance schedule. That is why I am making this discussion this early, and might make another again before I go to bed. Charge! Yes, we have to charge all our electronic gadgets like our mobile phones, flashlights, the iPad and laptop; and our fridge should be adjusted to the highest thermostat so we will have ice-cold water to drink. Worse though, my Nokia is no longer charging. I have to plug it and keep it plugged until the battery starts to charge. Do you remove your phones once it reaches a hundred percent charge? Do you text or call while it is plugged in for charging?
Yes, you better charge all those gadgets to prepare for tomorrow's brownout. I do still play on my phone, while it is still charging. But not call.
@ridingbet (38163)
the power interruption only covered the other side of the city. we had light but there was no dial tone on the phone, so there was no internet too.
@ridingbet At least you have light. Maybe you can use mobile data.
@ridingbet (38163)
@SIMPLYD no, i don't use mobile data. i always have the notion that we will have internet when the repairs are finished.
I don't. There's still a trickling stage. When the phone battery, especially smart phones are at its 100%, it still isn't. You still have to wait a few minutes more. I have an app called battery doctor that takes care of the health of my battery and says when it's time to remove it from the charger. I've had that app for years even before when I was still using an android phone.
@ridingbet (38163)
when the samsung phone that my brother left to me is used for playing, there are some instances that the game hangs up. it does not switch off. what i do then is i remove the battery then replace it again.
@ridingbet Yeah, it's called hard reset.
@ridingbet (38163)
@toniganzon oh. so my idea of opening and removing the battery, do you think that is a good action that i must do? sometimes, i wait for the screen to go blank, but the image remains stationary. heheh! naive woman here (me).
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Oh no! It is almost like by us, but you got warning and I hope those 12 hours sped by. I have learnt to keep things charging for as long as possible because we never know when they will just cut our power like they do.
@ridingbet (38163)
yes, it is really hassle if suddenly, the lights go off and darkness comes. we had light bit no internet.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@ridingbet , it is so frustrating. I am happy your internet is back.
@ridingbet (38163)
@bluesa yes my friend, and i am here now. i have a short-term goal for today and i hope i will reach that goal before i sleep tonight.
@fishtiger58 (30715)
• Momence, Illinois
I have been told that if you overcharge a battery it will shorten it's life, but I'm not sure if that's true. Good luck with your docs appointment.
@ridingbet (38163)
there is a reminder that if the phone is already fully charged, it should be unplugged already. i do that.
@fishtiger58 (30715)
• Momence, Illinois
@ridingbet I do too I don't want to have to buy another battery.
@ridingbet (38163)
@fishtiger58 but we can know if our phone's battery is getting shorter life if it bulges out.
@ilocosboy (33306)
Because my mobile phone takes longer time to charge so it is mostly not hundred percent when plugged off.
@ridingbet (38163)
if your phone is new, then the battery charging should be shorter time.
@ilocosboy (33306)
no one year but I think its the charger. i should get fast charging charger.
@ridingbet (38163)
@ilocosboy i think too that your phone should be equipped with quicker battery charging.
I charge my phone all the time. I do not use it while it is plugged in.
@ridingbet (38163)
like me, i charge my 2 phones when i go to sleep. my phones' batteries drain fast because i play games with them
@ridingbet ingrid, I know what that is like. Mine do too.
@peachpurple (10755)
nope I don't use my phone while it is charging. I heard that it will explode if you play games while charging. Yes I remove it once reach 100%
@ridingbet (38163)
i think those phones that explode when you play with them are the not-so-original phones. because the original phone does not explode.
@peachpurple (10755)
@ridingbet maybe you are right
@JustBhem (22746)
• Davao, Philippines
Yeah, I do most of the time.
@ridingbet (38163)
can't you wait then that your phone is fully charged before you call or text?
@JustBhem (22746)
• Davao, Philippines
@ridingbet I wait until it's full charge.
I usually don't use my phone when it's plugged in.
@ridingbet (38163)
sometimes i switch off my phone; sometimes it is on and i can receive text messages but not calls.
@nangayo (2293)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Yes i do wait for my phone to get to 100 percent. i do not text or call while it is plugged.
@ridingbet (38163)
that is good. it can make the battery life longer to live. hahaha!
@hereandthere (24267)
i also still use my old nokia and it doesn't fully charge anymore, just 75%. is your son going to unplug all appliances when the power is cut?
@ridingbet (38163)
we do. all, even electric fans.
@cahaya1983 (9728)
My phone pulse light would turn green when the battery reaches 90% so that's when I plug it off. The guy at the phone store also advised me to do that.
@ridingbet (38163)
my phone too. while it is charging, the red light is on. it turns green when it is fully charged.
@Alian123 (393)
I really feel you. Also here in our place we have this blackout schedule. It's really a bummer! The whole "charging the gadgets/electronics" thing is so hastle...
@ridingbet (38163)
it is so unfortunate but that is how our country, the Philippines, have as power source of electricity
@Lizirazo (2481)
Yes l do sometimes.