Crossing Things Off My "To Do" List

I had a mental "to do" list when I got up this morning and it was jammed packed. However, since the morning is just flying by and I'm getting little done I guess I'm going to have to cross things off that list and be more realistic. Yesterday my daughter brought up the plastic tub with all the Halloween decorations in it so we could finally get around to making the house feel festive. Since we haven't really had colder weather it's hard to get into the swing of Halloween with the a/c still on in the house. Usually we have nice brisk days this time of year but so far it's still warm. I'm also between books. I finished the last one and now have to decide what to read next. I pulled out my crocheting and have some unfinished projects I want to get done plus a few new ideas rolling around in my head. Dinner? gee I have to give that some thought. I made my grocery list now it's just a matter of getting to the store. Sharing a car with my daughter makes it a little difficult since she never works the same days each week. I need to call the lawyer and see where we are about getting my moms estate finished. I would never recommend this lawyer to anyone. Anyway, here I sit trying to catch up on myLot while my brain is short circuting with random thoughts popping in and out. Pretty soon I'll have to get up and take the dogs out and then probably get side-tracked with something totally unrelated to what I wanted to do today
@UncleJoe (10621)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
At my age, my mental "to do" list is written in disappearing ink.
That's why I make a mental list so I don't know if I forgot to do something LOL
@Shellyann36 (11278)
I like that sort of list.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Just take your time and tick things off.
I got more done than I thought I would today
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@Marilynda1225 well that's a good thing too
I got up stressed this morning, I had so many things to do in my list. Most of them are made by now, I still have a couple of things to do and it's almost 5:30 PM.
I hate days when I feel like I have more to do than energy or time permits
@Marilynda1225 Aging, this is something that happens more and more.
A busy day keeps you young
I wish that was true cause I certainly would like to feel young again
@Marilynda1225 you are what you are Marilyn
@Lizirazo (2424)
Since l always get my hands full with the care of the kids, l made it a point of duty to always have a "to do list" it has been very helpful for me.
It's pretty much a necessity to have a "to do" list when raising children
@Lizirazo (2424)
@Marilynda1225 Oh yes very very necessary.
Just approach your list with steadiness and check them off without getting anxious about completing it.
Very good advice especially when I'd rather sit and watch tv LOL
@Marilynda1225 Don't we all!
@riverwild (2319)
I always write my to d o list down, especially if it's that long.
I should have written a list so I could actually see myself crossing things off
@cahaya1983 (10039)
I could never rely on my mental to-do list. They either get longer with completely unnecessary things or the list just shrinks because I couldn't find the time to finish all of them.
Yup that's exactly what happened to me
@JustBhem (41274)
• Davao, Philippines
And I hope you still have a good one despite those thoughts around.
sounds like a busy day! enjoy
That's how it goes!
@nomus24g (24404)
"To do" list is such a savior in a hectic schedule....
@Tracy04 (10821)
These 2-3 weeks are busy for me as I am unable to log here. Glad today I made it!
@Shellyann36 (11278)
I keep a list of what I want to do daily or I get totally lost. Good luck with your chores/errands.
• Preston, England
I keep written to do lists or I would miss out on many things I need to / want to do
@hostessman (9755)
• Tucson, Arizona
i write my to do list in my notebook, then cross them out and a day later rewrite them
We stopped decorating for Halloween when our son was a teenager, we do put a lot of autumn decorations up in early September. I have little scarecrows and pumpkins and gourds.
Yikes! You certainly have a long mental and now written to do list! My days of stress are over until Thanksgiving and deciding what to ship to Florida. Btw, if you need a good lawyer, I have four in the family. lol
I used to get sidetracked, but now I have to write a list of what I need to do each day to avoid that condition.