October 10th is..

Two facebook friends birthdays, and a day my eyes are opened to see that some people here have changed. But that's another post for another day. It's also.. National Angel Food Cake Day - Not my type of cake. I only care for yellow, or the pillsbury funetti. National Cake Decorating Day. - I'm terrible at making cakes. But my Aunt's husband is a baker and he's really good! National Handbag Day. - I don't care for handbags. Especially since all I carry on me is my phone and money/bank card. And the most important part of today.. World Mental Health Day. "This is a day for mental health education and awareness. Knowing what to say, or what not to say to someone can go a long way toward helping to ensure their mental health." * Huge to anyone who needs one today. xxx
The cake ones are good. Today should be also cake icing day.
You dont think the mental health one is good? Im sure it probably has a day too just not today
@Courtlynn It's more of a serious issue and every day should be that one. The world is a tough place for most of us.
@JohnRoberts that's true. Yes it is. Which is why we should be kind to everyone, for the most part.
I am not big on handbags either but would lose my key and debit card / and my ID card. It is too little and fear i will leave them somewhere! Cake day is great. My last cake boiled in the oven, so I am not the best cake maker if i can even call that about myself. Will be trying it one day again! I heard it was mental health day. a very important day for me having been treated mentally that last 34 years. I am getting somewhat better though
Maybe just a small wallet purse thing would work for you then? I love making cake but not decorating. My mom always does the frosting lol. Yes very important for us all. With and without mental health issues.
@Courtlynn i never got as far as the frosting as my cake never was made into a cake! lol! I carry a little purse that goes around my neck and hangs on me so i won't leave it someplace! It is an annoying thing but a necessity if i want to buy anything or want to get back into my house when I return!
@Marty1 oh no. I hope you try again soon. That would be annoying. But yes its good to have it if nothing else.
Well, Happy October 10th to you! I am a handbag wh*re! lol
my friend is too. I mever cared for them. But then I'm not into makeup, and lotions and lip balms and all that to have the need for them anyways lol
@Courtlynn I need them to carry my husband's reading glasses. Lol!
• Lakewood, Colorado
I am not fond of angel cake..like the devils food better. I guess I can decorate a cake but I dont, will leave that to the professionals. I used to love handbags..dont like them now like you just phone and money. Yes it is a good thing to recognize all the hardships associated with mental illness.Back atcha, thanks Courtney
My brother loves devils food. My mom likes both. The same as me, and him. But more so yellow like me. I mean.. i can decorate them but they wouldn't look pretty . Yes it is. Thanks. Needed it.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@Courtlynn Welcomeand thanks too.
It has been so long since I made a cake. I use to always enjoy making cakes for my kids when they were little. Decorating cakes can be so much fun.
I make cupcakes now instead but not often maybe once a month
@Courtlynn Cupcakes are much better.
@Happy2BeMe i think so, when made here. I love cake from the bakery though
Thanks for the hug. I need a hug every day. They are something that just makes a person feel good and wanted. It doesn't need to be World Mental Health Day to get a hug. I do carry a purse. I find it necessary in an unnecessary way, if that makes sense. I like angel food cake, but I don't know how to decorate, but since I'm doing very well on this diet, it will be a while before I eat any sweets of any kind.
You're welcome. I get it and feel the same about them. Not really.. but its good you carry one.
@Courtlynn I like having a purse large enough to carry things in it to keep my hands free. I don't like carrying anything more than necessary. So my purse is necessary in and unnecessary way.
@just4him gotcha
My husband loves angel food cake; me not so much. Every day should be World Mental Health Day since far too little research is done to benefit those who suffer.
Whats your favorite? And yes it should.
@Courtlynn If I must have cake, I want it to be an ice cream cake.
@Corbin5 ahhh gotcha. My bf likes those too
@moffittjc (32842)
• Gainesville, Florida
I just completed a two-day "mental health first aid" training class, and now I'm certified to assist in mental health emergencies. It started out being an optional class that us city employees could take, but we found that we were getting so much useful and helpful information out of the training that we made it mandatory for all our employees to complete the class.
Thats awesome
Nice days, well mainly the mental health one. Have a good day.
Yes. Thanks.
I like angel food cake. I put frosting on it and it tastes really good that way.