The Gnomes Came to Our House!

Those legendary little creatures who supposedly guard the treasures found underneath the ground have come to our house. I did not know my husband was ordering gnomes for the garden. I must admit the gnomes he ordered are rather cute. I wanted the small stump that remained, after my husband cut down a small fir tree, cut down to ground-level. The tiny cottage-style house we ordered to be placed over the level-to-the-ground stump will reside in a different garden in our yard. The gnome decor items are constructed so that each one can be nailed to the stump. My husband is waiting for the delivery of 4 tiny solar gnomes to light up the house made from a stump. The stump-house-for-gnomes will also have a green roof and a walkway that leads to the gnome door. Poor husband was so excited about the creating that gnome house, I will just let him have at it.
Very cute!
They will look pretty cute. I am not fond of gnomes, but here they will be.
@Corbin5 me either lol but those are cute ones.
• Lakewood, Colorado
I love them..
They are rather cute. Never been a gnome fan. Guess I will just have to get used to them.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@Corbin5 Yes I am more for faeries.
• Riga, Latvia
They are so cute. That is such a wonderful idea. Do let us see that gnome house.
Yes, when he is finished, he will be delighted if I share a photo of his creation!!
It sounds like a good project for him.
He really is excited about it. I was working on something, and he kept begging me to come outside and see his work. It is almost done, but a few more touches will be added.
@Corbin5 I wonder how many 'touches' a few more will be. Sounds like he's really into it.
@just4him He really is. I do fear that too many touches may lead to gaudy.
I love the gnomes your husband ordered!! The will look adorable in your yard! Hope to see the pictures of your gnomes! Your husband has good tastes as i know some men who would not pick out as cute of ones your husband picked!
Well, the house is finished and is in the front garden. It is raining now, but I will take a photo and share it here. The solar gnomes have not arrived yet, but they will be cute too.
@Corbin5 I am looking forward to the picture, It is raining here today, too. Hopefully, it will be better weather conditions for both of us!
@sallypup (22049)
• Moses Lake, Washington
What a fun loving husband! Way to go and congrats on your new family members.
Oh, dear. I bet he will give names to the gnomes. He is not finished yet, but it is looking cute.
@sallypup (22049)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Corbin5 Let's see: Louie and Al and maybe Waldo?
@sallypup I like those names!! They do need names!
I think they're naughty little creatures.
I always thought they were too. We do not need naughty creatures here.
@Corbin5 Hahaha!
@TheInvisibleMan I am not that big on gnomes, but these are rather cute.
Oh those gnomes are so adorable.
They look so cute out in the garden. Will share a photo here when all is finished.
@Corbin5 Can't wait to see the photos!
I'm glad you didn't veto his idea. At least he takes an interest in the garden and I'm sure the end result will be lovely.
It is raining now, and I took a look at what he has done, and I have to say the creation looks adorable.
@Corbin5 Will we get a photo later?
@JudyEv Yes, I will do a discussion. He has to finish the little sidewalk leading to the door and he said he needs one more window. So far, it is cute, but it has rained for two days which means he cannot finish it yet. The solar gnomes have not arrived yet, but looking forward to seeing those.
Those are so adorable!!!!! Love your husband! lol
Well, when I told him I wanted the stump cute down, he sprang into action. We are waiting for the solar gnomes to arrive. Oh well, he is having fun doing this.
@Corbin5 We have a few stumps with statues on them. Waiting for those stumps to rot. At least he's enjoying himself and you will get some illumination.
• Denmark
You may (or may not) want to know where they started their journey. It was in the 4th century in the (now) Turkish city of Myra. Impress your husband with this information! https://hill.blogactiv.eu/2013/12/17/saint-nicholas-turkey-and-the-garden-gnomes/
• Denmark
If you want to see what aberrations are on the market, look here: (It doesn't matter that the text is in German)
Klicke hier, wenn du nach einigen Sekunden nicht automatisch weitergeleitet wirst. MehrNoch mehr von GoogleAnmelden Google Instant ist derzeit nicht verfügbar. Drücke die Eingabetaste, um die Suche zu starten. Weitere InformationenGoogle Instant ist aufgru
@MALUSE Thank you for the link!! Humans really seem to like gnomes!
Thank you again! I will read this, and I will then amaze my husband with my vast knowledge regarding gnomes.
@fishtiger58 (30715)
• Momence, Illinois
A new project for your husband, I gotta find something for mine to do before he drives me nuts lol. Joking.
He did do the roof, sidewalk, and secured the items above to the stump. The solar gnomes have not arrived yet, but when they do, I will take a photo.
@fishtiger58 (30715)
• Momence, Illinois
@Corbin5 cool I would love to see it.
those are cute there.
He has already secured them to the tree stump, and he has a few more things to add, so will definitely share a photo of the finished house.
@Corbin5 this I like to see
haven't got any gnomes but I have got a meerkat in the garden
Oh, I am sure the meerkat is a lovely sight to see. Our solar gnomes arrived today. They will light up the gnome home.
@KrauseHome (33387)
Sounds interesting. I hope you will take a picture of some of the work as he gets them done. I know for me from time to time, Gnomes have been a Big seller for me on eBay
Yes, I will do a discussion regarding the gnome house. He has to finish the sidewalk and place the solar gnomes around the little house meant for gnomes.
@YrNemo (8744)
Very cute ones! Let hope the weather won't wreck the paints of those.
The gnome things are made of resin, but I think in winter, we should just cover the gnome house in plastic. We get lots of snow here.
@JWMURP (44)
Sometimes I try to surprise my wife,,,usually with good results.
Yes, wives do love those good-result surprises!!
Those are so adorable.
They really are cute. The gnome house is almost finished. A few more things to do and the gnomes will have a lovely home.
@kepweng (6407)
its should be a guardian of your house than angels for sure the home invaders will be scared
I think you are right, my friend.
@Genipher (5229)
Awwww! So neat! This reminds me of the clip on YouTube called, The Gnomist. A bunch of gnome houses started appearing in a park and nobody knew where they were coming from...
Oh, I will have to look for that clip. The gnome house is almost finished. The sidewalk leading to the door almost finished.