Favorite Songs From 1986 # 9- Small Town.

Banks, Oregon
Coming in at # 9 on my favorite songs from 1986 series, is John Cougar Mellencamp's # 6 hit on the Billboard hot 100, Small Town, it was written by John about growing up in his own home town in Indiana, it's a good song. I have always been able to relate to John Cougar. So, I love most of his songs. Check out a sample of the lyrics below. I think you will like them. Well I was born in a small town. And I live in a small town. Probably die in a small town. Oh, those small communities. All my friends are so small town. My parents live in the same small town. My job is so small town. Provides little opportunity. Educated in a small town. Taught the fear of Jesus in a small town. Used to daydream in that small town. Another boring romantic that's me. Some information verified at Wikipedia, Photo is from Wikipedia.
@FourWalls (13715)
I do love this song. Although, Seymour isn't that small. They get air quality alerts as much as Louisville and Indianapolis. And that may contain the worst grammatical faux pas of the 80s: "No, I cannot forget from where it is that I come from." Ouch. BTW, the stretch of Interstate 65 around Seymour is named the "John Mellencamp Highway."
Good to see another fan and, as it should be. John earned it I would say and, has always done good things, besides just being a great rock n roller.
Do you like the rock version or acoustic version better? I like the rock version. It has more oomph.
I like the rock version too, but both are pretty good.
@TRBRocks420 - I think it fits the lyrics better.
I love this song, heck I love All of John`s songs.
Good to see another fan and, me too.
@dgobucks226 (12130)
As Andria said John Cougar Mellencamp has many terrific tunes. He writes a lot of feel good songs, this being one of them touting his Midwest roots.
Yeah, huge John Cougar Mellencamp fan here too, grew up with his music.
That is one song that I really like.
Good to see another fan and, me too.