Coke Plus Coffee

@sishy7 (27210)
Australia
# 88 I don’t expect many or even anyone on here has tried this yet. It was recently launched (around two weeks ago, I think) exclusively for Australia. It is Coca-cola Plus Coffee. So it is a combination of the original Coca-cola with a taste of real coffee from Brazil. Many were thrown off by the idea of double caffeine dose. But it says that while it has a bit more of caffeine than the classic Coca-cola, it is still less than the same amount of regular latte. I don’t usually drink soda much at all. But my husband was curious of the taste so he bought a bottle of 600ml pictured. I only took a sip and he drank the rest. It says no sugar but it has a sweet caramel-like taste. It has a similar taste of Coke Vanilla, except that this one obviously has the taste of coffee.
I cannot stand the taste of Coke and I will not ruin my coffee for a test.
@sishy7 (27210)
Yes, you would probably better off staying away from this product...
@sishy7 I have always thought that Coke has the taste of a bad medicine.
@sishy7 (27210)
@LadyDuck And I'm not sure how they chose Australia to try out this new flavor... They probably thought we're a nation of coffee-lovers who would be easily sold of this new idea...
@sol_cee (13566)
• Japan
Coke plus coffee equal sleepless night. ;)
@sishy7 (27210)
Sleepless in Seattle, I mean, in Sydney...
Usually that combination would @sol_cee but when cramming for exams I am betting a bunch of students are reaching for this. Don't you think so ?
@sol_cee (13566)
• Japan
@enlightenedpsych2 haha maybe I did try this combination when I was in uni.
I can't "picture" the taste of that . . . I wonder if it could be achieved by making my own batch . I'm not big on soda, but I do enjoy black coffee . . . I would try it if it ever comes here! I think of Red Bull, or that Jolt . . . but I think those have super amounts of caffeine in it.
@sishy7 (27210)
I like iced coffee but this did not hit me even as iced coffee... I think the carbonated coffee taste is just too strange for me.
@sishy7 Bubbly coffee - yah, that would be strange! So it's more coffee tasting than Coke? Is it becoming very popular out there?
@sishy7 (27210)
@much2say I'm not sure how popular it is... They're pretty new, maybe not many have tried them yet... But the few that I know have tried it were not too thrilled about this new taste of Coke.
Oh goodness gracious-- a double caffeinated neurological disaster in a bottle !
@sishy7 (27210)
You said it!
@sishy7 gosh I haven't had a carbonated beverage of any kind for almost a decade and I do not miss it at all-- how about you ?
@sishy7 (27210)
@enlightenedpsych2 I'm never really completely off soda; I do have soft drinks once in a blue moon but in a very small amount like a small glass. I can't even finish a whole 375ml (around 12 fl oz) soda can in one go without feeling bloated... I usually have the light-colored carbonated beverage though like Sprite or 7up instead of Coke or Pepsi...
@dgobucks226 (6642)
Were you a fan of this type of coke Sishy? Coke has sort of a distinct flavor. It is definitely a different idea. We'll see if it is a good one?
@sishy7 (27210)
Can't say that I'm a fan of Coke, but I don't mind the taste of classic Coke. This new flavor, however, is too strange for me to like it...
@sishy7 If I want soda with a little vanilla flavor I buy A&W Cream soda which tastes very good. I've gotten away from drinking coke, but I don't mind it.
@sishy7 (27210)
@dgobucks226 Oh, you're right... A&W Cream soda is nice, but also very sweet...
Do you like how it taste? I cannot imagine the taste, but I think I won't like it though. Let's see when that one gets here in the Philippines.
@sishy7 (27210)
No, I didn't really like it... Carbonated coffee tastes strange to me... But it wasn't wasted either, my husband eventually finished the whole bottle...
@sishy7 Now, I know I won;t like it.
@sishy7 (27210)
@SIMPLYD Oh, you just took my word for it... Do try it yourself if you have a chance... Who knows, maybe you'll like it better than me...
Hmmm...I think I'll pass. I like Coke. Well, I like Coca-Cola, never did like Coke, too expensive for one thing. And I like coughee. But Coke and coughee just doesn't sound like a combination I would like. Kind of like bacon-flavored ice cream. Just nope. (Edit) - While we're on the subject, I saw an idiot snort a line of instant coughee once...
@sishy7 (27210)
The idiot must have figured it's some kind of dark coke or something...
@sishy7 I guess he thought the caffeine would do something...it did...burned the hell out of his sinuses
@sishy7 (27210)
@JolietJake Good for him...
@YesWay (3498)
Ooh I would love to try this!
@sishy7 (27210)
It tastes so strange, to me at least...
@YesWay (3498)
@sishy7 But it is two of my favourite drinks in one!!
@sishy7 (27210)
@YesWay They're okay to me separately, but not combined together...
@kepweng (6289)
new product? i wonder what its taste??
@sishy7 (27210)
Yes, it's a limited edition product... Maybe still at the try-out stage... I didn't really like the taste, it tasted strange to me...
@kepweng (6289)
@sishy7 i think you Need too Add a milk or hersheys syrup??
@sishy7 (27210)
@kepweng Yeah, maybe some ice cream to make it a float will improve the taste...
@hereandthere (24042)
i would take a sip out of curiosity if it came in a smaller size, like 8 ounces. where was it made - can you read from the label?
@sishy7 (27210)
It says "Made in Australia from imported and local ingredients".
@sishy7 i was wondering if the idea came from mocha cola in brazil. so what did it taste like?
@sishy7 (27210)
@hereandthere Oh, I didn't know they have that in Brazil... Maybe it did... Because I was thinking either 'mocha' or 'caramel' when I tasted it...
Weird idea. The only only time I drink coke is with rum. I wonder how that would go.
@sishy7 (27210)
Oh, it tastes strange all on its own... I don't think I'd want to mix it with anything else...
@sishy7 I won't have trouble passing up a sample.
@DaddyEvil (22314)
That just sounds totally weird! I would have worried about the extra caffeine, too! (Glad they explained that!) I won't drink any of the (so called) diet soda's, either!
@sishy7 (27210)
Yeah, I've never liked diet sodas... And whenever something says sugarless and I try it, somehow it still tastes so sweet to me...
@DaddyEvil (22314)
@sishy7 Pretty has been drinking diet soda since she started losing weight. I have no idea how she can stand that stuff! I did try the soda when they switched it back to pure sugar. I didn't like it! (That surprised me! I thought it would taste so much better than what we had been getting... SMH! I won't make that mistake again!) You do realize that just because something is sugarless that doesn't mean whatever they use to sweeten it is healthier for you than plain sugar, right? Apparently, all of the artificial sweeteners we use today have something negative about them in regards to our health. Granted, none of the artificial sweeteners are as harmful as pure sugar, but still...
@hongdouzi (283)
coffee is my choice??
@sishy7 (27210)
How do you think you'd like coffee-flavored Coke?
@sishy7 I would like to have a try n_n
@Shellyann36 (8619)
Oh wow, I would not care for this. Hubby might like to try it. Did your hubby like it?
@sishy7 (27210)
He also thinks it tastes a bit strange even though he has always liked the classic Coke...
@sishy7 Drink companies are all trying to come up with new gimmicks to compete in different markets. Seems as if they are trying to reinvent the wheel.
@YrNemo (8455)
Did your husband sleep OK that night, after drinking that drink? Did he act more hyper than normal?
@sishy7 (27210)
He was okay... But I noticed he didn't finish the whole bottle all at once... I think he only took a small glass at a time in a course of a few days...
@YrNemo (8455)
@sishy7 He is very smart and perhaps cautious.
@ebanreb (4746)
coke plus coffee? are you inventing something out of that? Whats the taste?
@sishy7 (27210)
Coke invented it... Tastes like carbonated coffee, pretty strange if you ask me...
@ebanreb (4746)
@sishy7 hahaha nice one
• Peoria, Arizona
That is just very odd, but I can see how it works. I guess it is better than an energy drink and coffee, that is just a heart attack waiting to happen haha
@sishy7 (27210)
Oh my goodness, I hope no one comes up with that...
• Peoria, Arizona
@sishy7 It is a thing many college students do.
@Lizirazo (2514)
Coca cola plus coffee, I don't want to try it.
@sishy7 (27210)
I don't blame you... I was too curious so I took a sip, but I didn't like it at all...
@Lizirazo (2514)
@sishy7 Yes l love been curious too but I'm not a fan of coffee, which will make me not want to try it.
@renicemae (2269)
I don't think that's a very good combination but I am very intrigued on how will it taste. I hope that flavor will be available in my country too.
@sishy7 (27210)
I think it is also available in Japan but not the 'no sugar' version...
@renicemae (2269)
@sishy7 I see. I think the Coke Zero is the no sugar version in the Philippines.
I haven't tried it. But I think it is nice to try this combination.
@sishy7 (27210)
As far as I know it's a limited edition flavor only in Australia and they tried out the same flavor with sugar in Japan.