Why are u expected to wear formals?

@nomus24g (21459)
I wonder, who made these rules of office etiquette ....why is it that one is expected to wear formals for any official meeting? why is there Mon-Thursday formal dressing & Friday casual or semi-formal? I mean, isnt the "mind-frame" in office has to do everything with, rather than cosmetic dressing sense??
I guess to look good :) Because knowing me, I'll wear ripped jeans to work!
@nomus24g (21459)
LOL
@nomus24g And I do The older men always go... I look homeless. Then the younger men would be like those homeless style is more than your pants! Cause' she buys them like that! Literally the older men are like, I will buy you new jeans hah
@nomus24g (21459)
@JustBhem (31736)
• Davao, Philippines
I think it's nice to sometimes wear formal attire during office days, I mean. We have that before and I like it.
@nomus24g (21459)
that's fine...but why to make an expected rule across..
@JustBhem (31736)
• Davao, Philippines
@nomus24g Maybe because for a change. Other companies require uniform.
@nomus24g (21459)
@ilocosboy (34344)
Well its better to see the employees in uniform that seeing ,
@nomus24g (21459)
I am not talking about uniform...uniform is a single dressing code...this is pure formals
@ilocosboy (34344)
well then, because there are no uniforms, maybe its better to be in formal attire than in t-shirt going to work.
@Yadah04 (3025)
I guess uniforms in the office are worn to identify officer personnel and the clients or whatever. And Friday is always called "wash day", meaning officer workers are allowed to wear whatever they want to wear, decently.
@nomus24g (21459)
Uniform is different....just a T-Shirt and jeans across every employee could also be an uniform....I am talking here about Formal dressing vs Casual dressing
• Pleasant Hill, California
I tend to dress very casually. But if an event requires a certain kind of clothing, I'll go wth the fow, out of respect.
@nomus24g (21459)
well, that's your choice...but why is it that companies impose such unsaid rules?
@franxav (4723)
I trust, discipline is essential to run an office or an organization smoothly. Proper behavior, formal dress, etiquette and good manners are part of the discipline that helps in achieving the aim of the work.
@nomus24g (21459)
again, isnt discipline something in-borne & within oneself....rather just on dressing
@kepweng (11205)
i want to wear beautiful elegant dress is that okay?
@nomus24g (21459)
dress as an office wear!!!! are u kidding me?