Do you give money to the homeless?

@ourlot (794)
When you see a homeless begging, do you give him some spare change you might have? Do you believe you are actually helping him?
@1hopefulman (19517)
I look at them and decide. Some I do and some I don't especially if they are drinking or smoking. I don;t really know if I am helping.
Mike and I work at the homeless shelter. I believe you are helping them. We do a lot for them.Cook and bake etc.We have a lot of help at the shelter.
If I saw them begging for a job, or a place to take a shower, or a meal to eat, I might help them. But I'm not passing any money over to them.
Never. I always prefer to make donations or buy something they need.
I don't often walk with change on me. But yes I am helping someone to gain something they are after. See I feel you never know how your tested in life. I also know if my child were hungry I would hope someone would offer her change. In this life time you have people one paycheck away from the corner They don't think about that though. They think of that person wants a drink. Who cares if they want a drink. If that will make them happy go for it. Now if I was helping a bomber make something to kill off my neighborhood I could care about that. So yes I will give to the homeless after all I was homeless for two years.
@riverwild (920)
Sometimes
It seems kind of pointless giving them something they have not earned . . .
• Guangdong, China
I would rather buy food to them.
Sometimes, but I have donated personal care supplies instead such as soap, toothbush, etc.
I do sometimes.
@nangayo (2057)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I do give to some. Sometimes clothes and food.
@m_audrey6788 (10192)
I usually do give food if I have something to give but as much as possible I don`t give to help them realize that it`s much harder to ask money on the street than earning money by working on it