What's with the Chicken Feet?

Ever since Mom was with that friend of hers, now she's gotten interested in this kind of meal. No offense but the mention of it has really felt a bit disgusting in my opinion. She even asked me for a recipe online. They even bought one last night. What's weird of it is that almost every one in the family likes it. maybe I'm a bit biased because I haven't tasted it yet. It reminds of that scene from 90 day fiance, when a mother in law cooked chicken feet and none of them ate it I mean talk about disrespect.
This how to cook spicy chicken feet video demo shows how to make a spicy appetizer using chicken feet. This ingredient is common in Southeast Asia, specifica...
My friends love chicken feet, but I personally don't.
Hello @toniganzon I don't like it either, I mean it's a feat, I can barely eat wings or legs but the feet? that's were they step on.
@Letranknight2015 I love wings.
My family cooks i too but of course I won't eat it.
Hello @sharon6345 how do they cook it? Anyways, Im glad I'm not alone in this. It's weird some how that I'm the one that doesn't like it.
@Letranknight2015 it's boiled in chicken soup. I don't like it.
@louievill (16605)
The Chinese taught us how to eat chicken feet, contrary to popular belief the feet is not cooked as is, actually it's scalded and if you are good could take out the whole outer part like stockings, the nails are also chopped off. Chicken feet is rich in collagen and their are studies now that collagen help us to look young. It's also a component of many traditional Chinese medicine, Im just fine with Chicken feet although it also took me time to learn to eat it
Hello @louievill I have search foods that are rich in collagen and there are actually many more than this chicken feet. Actually carrots and other greenies has collagen.
@louievill (16605)
@Letranknight2015 what I meant was if chicken feet is what is being served at the moment and there was no choice so it also has benefits. We use to just throw it away., same goes with chicken head.
Chicken feet may look a little scary, and confronting at first but they make a most nourishing, and nutrient-rich stock. It is yellow in color, and gels up beautifully — a sign of a good broth. Think of this: When…
@louievill Not sure about it regards to the information.
@YrNemo (8996)
If you don't want to dirty your hand, then that dish is a no no... They do look a bit sad, just claws!
Hello @YrNemo It will just be dirty inside if I risk eating it, that's their like but it's not the dish I want.
@YrNemo (8996)
@Letranknight2015 It is a delicacy to some I heard.
@ebanreb (4919)
We love this chicken feet. We like BBQ chicken feet and adobo
Hello g @ebanreb I rarely heard about this chicken feet adobo.
@ebanreb (4919)
@Letranknight2015 its delicious try it
@ebanreb well, maybe next time
my mom and sister loves these.. have you heard of spicy chicken heads? now that's something else haha
Hello @averagejane I've heard of that long before but I'm not sure if they eaten something like that which is even more disgusting to me. I have eaten shrimp heads though.
Hi @Letranknight2015 , i haven't eaten any of the stuff though..
@cahaya1983 (10192)
Chicken heads?? Seriously, people eat them?
@AkoPinay (10944)
What about "pata"? Chicken feet is "cleaner" than that because it is skinned before cooking.
I don't remember if I have tried that before @AkoPinay
@AkoPinay (10944)
@Letranknight2015 imagine pig feet here:
Make sure to dry the pork thoroughly after boiling—this is the secret to achieving that crisp skin!
@ridingbet (39016)
i tasted this when my mother asked me to buy chicken feet at a nearby store where grilled/ roasted chicken feet are sold. it tasted good, especially the sole part. i also cooked chicken feet in Kuwait when we were evacuating from the gulf war.
Hello @ridingbet Wow I didn't know you experience the gulf and you've been to the middle east. Good thing you didn't get hurt over there.
@ridingbet (39016)
@Letranknight2015 i was there for 4 years. we slept at daytime and stayed awake at night.
I love chicken feet. We were able to eat a very delicious spicy chicken feet when the family friend of ours take us to a Chinese restaurant , when we went to Manila last May 2016, to attend our daughter's graduation. It was so delicious and soft, we ordered another platter of it when we still have other dishes to eat.
Hello @SIMPLYD I don't mind the spicy chicken because I often eat it in Jollibee, but never the chicken. I don't know I just don't like it from the way I look at it.
@Letranknight2015 You should not imagine what the feet are for, so you can savor the deliciousness of the spicy chicken feet. Because if you will always be like that, you can never eat and enjoy the great taste.
@thelme55 (12488)
No, thanks. I prefer eating bagoong than chicken feet. It is also disgusting for me.
Hello @thelme55 That reminds me, I'm probably buying binagoongan for dinner.
@thelme55 (12488)
@Letranknight2015 yummy. I love that.
• Guangdong, China
it takes good.
It takes good? or you mean it taste good? @Behindtheguitarbar
• Guangdong, China
@Letranknight2015 oh, type mistake. taste good
@cahaya1983 (10192)
Not my type of food either. I do know a few people here like to eat chicken feet soup though.
Hello @cahaya1983 I would probably just sip the soup, but not eat the feet.
@cahaya1983 (10192)
@Letranknight2015 I'm not sure I could even sip the soup!
I won't eat Chicken Feet. :)
Hello @infatuatedbby I won't eat chicken feet either, I wonder what's so special about them.
@Letranknight2015 Looks like it lacks meat though right! ha
@lovebuglena (3571)
I love chicken feet though not spicy ones. I don't like or eat food that is spicy, unless it is mild.
Hello @lovebuglena They said it has claws when they cook it, is that true? Maybe some day too soon I would have a taste of it.
I know of chicken feet soup but you will never catch me drinking that.
Hello @Kandae11 So far I have not drink or take a sip about this kind of soup.
@prashu228 (23339)
No , we don't eat chicken feet . But when i go to my grandparents house, they have so many ,and they cook chicken feet too. I don't find it interesting because it's not fleshy .. he he
Hello @prashu228 They don't really cook that much over here until a couple of days ago, not sure why. But I'm not interested in it.
@kepweng (6917)
its like delicious but you cannot eat meat in the chicken feet
Hello @kepweng out of curiosity, why is that?
@hereandthere (25079)
i think it's usually cooked adobo style, and i think it's supposed to have collagen? that's what morning girl/@salonga said in her post last year (
http://www.mylot.com/post/2992465/do-you-eat-chicken-feet)
Hello @hereandthere it's says the post had been deleted or something, I couldn't see it. Well, there are other parts I can eat and other veggies that also has collagen.
@peachpurple (11804)
I never eat chicken feet, i don't understand why some people love eating them, not much meat and those toe nails, ewww!
Hello @peachpurple I don't understand it either and it was just recently that mom began eating them.
I would not eat that either. That does not sound good to me.
Hello @jstory07 the looks of it first doesn't really appeal to me.