Technicians, I thank you

About a month ago my main phone went swimming. Let's just leave it at that, you do not need any more details. It has worked, sort of, since then, but it made me realize it was time I move into the newest century. I still use Tracfone, but I got a smartphone last night. The sales person at Wal Mart did all the dialing, talking, entering numbers, backing up photos, etc. that had to be done. It was stuff that likely would have taken me four days or more to deal with. I am thankful for the help.
You know, back in the days before cell phones, I don't recall anyone talking about their phone needing to use the facilities
It was an "accident".. I had always wondered how those things happened, and found it funny people might use their phone in the necessary room. My phone was not in use. My pants that day had only back pockets and the rest is history.
It is nice to have a help. I will also do the same thing.
Yes, he said he is used to doing it and it just was faster.
@GardenGerty It was nice that you didn't wait for a long time.
@Shavkat I always try to make sure I go when he is at work. He is kind and helpful.
• Riga, Latvia
Glad you got all that help. Hope you enjoy your your new smartphone.
I will have to learn all the capabilities, but it will be good.
@YrNemo (11747)
I have a few smartphones here, but I have no clue how to use them to their best capability. As it is, as long as the phones ring properly, and I know how to call people or answer back, I am happy.
@Asylum (48282)
• Manchester, England
One problem is that most smartphones operate differently, so when you change your mobile you have to learn all over again.
@YrNemo (11747)
@Asylum You are very right there. With the IPhone 3, I thought I was quite fine re: setting up alarms, taking pic, reading ebooks, playing a few games here and there. With this IPhone 5, I haven't figured out what is what yet. I feel like an idiot!
I agree with you @Asylum . @YrNemo I keep hoping to get with the downloading of apps. . . some that would help are work related.
I have a smartphone and I have my old cellphone, that I use all the time because it's smaller and I only use it to make calls when needed.
I have a flip phone for backup.
@GardenGerty This is the one I use most, it's lighter to carry around.
@BarBaraPrz (19578)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Enjoy your new phone. I still have wired land phones. I have no idea how to use these new fangled things.
My cell phone is more reliable than the landline. I am trying to get hubby to do away with it. I need a cell at work to send out SOS signals to the teacher.
@BarBaraPrz (19578)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@GardenGerty I hardly ever use any phone at all. The landline is cheaper than those travelling ones.
@BarBaraPrz Tracfone costs me about $7 per month.
Tracfone I thought was only really worth just texts and calls. I have straighttalk.
You can get tracfone smartphones and they have data plans as well. Tracfone actually owns Straighttalk and also Total wireless.
@GardenGerty Are the TracFone plans unlimited?
@shaggin Some of them may be.
@sueznewz2 (9835)
• Alicante, Spain
yes it's good to get help like that isn't it.. I hope you like and get on with your new smart phone...
I am doing okay. I have not tried to come here with it or anything, yet.
@sueznewz2 (9835)
• Alicante, Spain
@GardenGerty I use my phone to access this site all the time... but the key board is a bit smal . lol
It is wonderful to have those who really know set things up for us! Glad you got such good help with your new phone.
Yes, it was a relief to me. That was part of why I was delaying replacing the phone.
@Asylum (48282)
• Manchester, England
In most cases you can transfer data and numbers direct from smartphone to smartphone, or transfer via the computer. The only problem is that often contacts are split into two contacts showing landline for one and the mobile phone for another.
The old phone was an android phone, blackberry style and he just typed in numbers, hit "select all" and away they went.
@fishtiger58 (30346)
• Momence, Illinois
they are pretty complicated, I just got a smart phone to recently and thankfully my son helped me with it.
My son would do it, but this guy explained some of it as well.
The young people can do all this so easily can't they?
Well, I think so. I even think my son could, but he has not got the patience for it.
@peachpurple (12853)
Of course the sales person will do all the job, how much you paid for the phone? what brand?
The phone is an LG Rebel and I paid $59 for it.
@peachpurple (12853)
@GardenGerty it is a cheap price, great offer