A Nothing Thursday

Anniston, Alabama
There are a few days of the week that I like more than others, where most people hate Mondays and adore Fridays I am the weirdo of the crowd and I like Tuesday and Thursday. Let me explain, Saturday and Sunday are off days for those Monday through Friday workers so for most Monday is the beginning of the work week so they do not like getting back into the swing of things after being off for the weekend. Now Tuesday everyone is back comfortable and easy going. Wednesday, the hump day, People realize they have to hurry up and get things done only two more days till the weekend. Thursday. Well Monday was get back into that grove and Wednesday made hectic by " Hurry and get`er done," Now Thursday is relax a little more, whatever comes today put off till Monday. And now to the last work day before those two so called magic days, Its Friday! Do what you can but seriously relax and put more off till Monday. And that explains why I love Tuesday and Thursday. But I do not have a day off, I am always on call. What is your favorite days of the week? Whether retired, working for others or owning your own business. Photo is mine - Downtown Birmingham when I am there each Spring doing business for my business.
@LoriAMoore (9976)
For whatever reason I still love Saturdays as representing freedom.
That is a good reason to pick that day. However that is also when I get calls from tenants, their day off
@dodoazo (11141)
Mine is Saturday and Sunday for they are days for my fsmily. We do marketing on Saturday and go to Church on Sunday.
Yes I do understand that but what weekday is your favorite.
I think you know mine!! Friday!!
Yes you are one I know for sure
I am retired, as is my husband. However, when I taught Friday, Saturday and Sunday were my favorite days of the week.
I see that more than not.
• Riga, Latvia
Working at home on the PC all my days are pretty much the same. I guess the days when good things happen or something good happens on the net are the best days. I can understand why you like Tuesdays and Thursdays. If I could find a part time job on just those two days then that would be great but I have never heard of anyone hiring someone for just two days. It is usually based on hours.
I can bet a restaurant would.
@UncleJoe (8532)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
When I was in the concrete business I hated weekends. You could almost bet that, if we dug a footer on Friday, to be poured on Monday, it would rain over the weekend and fill it up.
Oh man that would suck!
@UncleJoe (8532)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@andriaperry Yep! Then it took another 2 days to pump them out and let them dry. The city inspector won't let you pour until completely dry and re-compacted.
@UncleJoe I just asked someone about digging a footing and laying block, I bet he will charge the hell out of me.
@FayeHazel (11668)
Friday is my run-around-like-crazy day. It's hard for me to pick a day
I used to love Thursday because of all the good shows that came on t.v. Now I am liking Tuesday night t.v.
I have an online friend in Bham at least I used to. She is the nicest lady ever. I don't have a favorite weekday but I lke them better than weekends which are boring.
I interact with people more on weekdays as well, so I like that too.
That's a tough one being retired. I can't really say I have a favorite day.
Well! I was sure everyone had a favorite day, even if it was for watching t.v.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Sunday and Wednesday are my besty days.
Church days?
• Lakewood, Colorado
@andriaperry Sunday is the Lords Day..Wednesday is the middle day that I love dont know why haha
@peavey (15874)
Mine changes from week to week. Any day I don't have an appointment or something hard to do is my favorite day! I am retired, but it seems like things eat up my time, and I am a homebody at heart so I hate to always have to be going and doing. Tomorrow I do nothing! I hope.
Because I am a homebody is why I run my own business and from home.
@peavey (15874)
@andriaperry The only way to live!
@kobesbuddy (19595)
• East Tawas, Michigan
My two favorite days, are Sunday, we relax and most generally, stay home all day. Friday has always been my favorite day, it's free from the kitchen day! We always order out or go somewhere nice for supper.
Awesome reasons to love those days. I think I should pick a rough day and make it my happy go out to eat day.
@kobesbuddy (19595)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@andriaperry LOL I would make every day a rough one, so I didn't ever have to cook! LOL
My favorite is generally Friday and, Sunday.
Good days.
Friday right now because I get to leave at 1:00.
Very good reason.
I like Thursdays and Fridays as the best days of the work week.
Easiest, right?
and tomorrow is a something Friday. I love the weekend the best.
Yes and Friday the 13th.
I love Monday for it's the beginning of a new week. I often don't know that it's even friday most of the time.
I used to love Sundays because of the coupons but I do not shop as much as I used to.
Seeing I work at home it doesn't matter too much - but I would say Mondays.
I work just about everyday, because I run the business from home.
@1hopefulman (20278)
I can't think of any reason to choose one day as a favorite over another. I view each day as special and unique and full of delights. Sort of like the five fingers on one hand. They are all different but I never think of liking one finger better than another as I appreciate all five and don't want to give up any. So each of the seven days unique and special.
I get it.
@Raelove (15512)
• Saco, Maine
When I was working, in most jobs anyway, Friday was my favorite day. But since I was a kid, Saturday has always been my favorite, and Sunday my least favorite. Old impressions die hard, and I still find myself feeling blah on Sundays. In the past, it's been my last "day off" before going back to school and/or work. And growing up poor, we'd sit and watch other kids taking off with their families on Sundays after church to do fun things, while we sat on the front steps. Now that I am retired, I like Mondays. The stores are less crowded, and there is less traffic after rush hour. I think it all depends, as you say, on your own personal schedule.