Home At Last

Green Bay, Wisconsin
This morning I had my appointment at the hospital for my medication infusion, a three hour I V drip. I slept through most of that three hours. I did go to the pool this morning as well, so it was a lot of time spent away from home. Now, I'm here and ready to interact with you and see what you are up to. How is your day turning out? It's a nice fall day here, no sun, but cool temps are always welcome. Thanks for reading.
Glad you got some sleep while doing it, and that you hit the pool. Its 59 and sunny here.
I think we're about the same here, temp wise.
It rained last night, but today is all sunshine. At least you got much needed rest during your I V drip.
Yes, I did. Now I can interact with everyone.
@alberello75 (11937)
• Genova, Italy
Dear Valerie. Unfortunately I would like to tell you that I am not going through a good period. One of the causes could be the change of season. I'm always tired and I have a slight (thankfully) form of depression. Maybe when we all get into the Christmas atmosphere, I should be better. I'll keep you updated anyway
Christmas does make a person feel more joyful and happy.
@alberello75 (11937)
• Genova, Italy
@just4him However, people I know, who live alone, do not like so much Christmas holidays. Perhaps it brings memories of a time, where it was celebrated with many people (family, relatives, friends, etc.) now passed away. You who, apparently, live alone, what impressions do you have on Christmas?
@alberello75 I love Christmas. I don't dread the loss of 'loved' ones at Christmas. I decorate, and last year was perhaps the best Christmas I had with my family. I wish I could repeat it this year, and hope I will.
At least you had a nice nap and it's over!! I just got on. The groom was here for 4 hours!
I thought they were on their honeymoon. When do they leave? Yes, it was a good nap.
@just4him They leave Nov. 2. They wanted time after the wedding, work things with my DIL, and the most important, diving opportunities based on the season in Wakatobi.
@DianneN I know they'll have fun, once they leave. I know she'll get it all worked out.
Wow, sounds a bit hairy but at least you were able to sleep. It is coolish here but the humidity is sill up which causes me to sweat a bit, and I never know how to dress.
I never know how to dress in this kind of weather. It can be cool in the morning and warm up in the afternoon.
It's nice that you were able to get a nap while getting your infusion. Things are good here but on the cool side for a change.
Cool is always nice. I'm glad things are good by you.
Weather here in the high 50's. Next week it is supposed to be a little warmer.
50's sounds good.
@just4him ......It was too warm in my room last night.
@celticeagle I've been having trouble sleeping too lately. I no longer need the ceiling fan, but I have opened the window, but it doesn't seem to help. As soon as I lay down, my sinuses close up and I'm stuffed most of the night. I tried sleeping with two pillows half way through the night, and it helped to keep the sinuses open.
It is still nice out here today. I put the laundry out on the porch to dry.
It's nice when you can do that. I don't have that opportunity, so that is a real blessing for you.
@just4him Valerie, i take it you are either too busy or do not have a porch to sit on. I am taking advantage of the weather still being nice. Pretty soon I will have to look out at the bad weather and stay inside.
@Hannihar No porches here. This is the picture of the door leading from the parking lot, the front of the building is the same.
It's good that you can at least nap during your treatment, so you can rest a bit. I had a very plain normal day yesterday.
It's good you had a normal day. It means nothing bad happened.
@just4him Nothing bad happened Friday and Saturday, this morning my monitor stopped working. I am glad I had an old one in the basement.
@LadyDuck That's a good thing. Right now I don't have a spare for my computer. I would have to rely on my laptop if something happened to my computer.
@fishtiger58 (29386)
• Momence, Illinois
We had another cool gloomy day, I have been on the couch most of the day with a bad headache. Thankfully it's finally gone.
I hate when that happens. I'm glad your headache is gone.
@fishtiger58 (29386)
• Momence, Illinois
@just4him Me too I can usually take something and it goes away fairly quickly but this one didn't want to leave.
@Shellyann36 (7993)
Glad you were able to sleep while at the hospital. I wish we had a pool near us. I love pools!
Yes, it took away the need for a nap, as I seem to need it most days due to the early time I get up to be at the pool. I wish there was one near you too.
@just4him Thank you, We need to invest in another small one for our yard.
@Shellyann36 That would help.
@1hopefulman (18560)
After that long nap you must be very energetic. We have sun but a bit on the cool side. I caught up with all my notifications and I always feel good when I do that. Have fun!
I always feel good when I catch up with mine too. Right now I'm a bit behind, but I'll catch up today.
@1hopefulman (18560)
@just4him I few more and I'm done.
@FayeHazel (9302)
Oh wow, at least you could catch a nap. That's a long time for infusion. Happy you made it to the pool. I did have a lot planned today, but I ended up not feeling so great. Stomach. It seems to be over now. I wish I knew what did it. It if was gall bladder (I have issues sometimes) or if it was a bug or something... but whatever it was seems to have wiped out my energy.
I'm sorry it wiped out your energy. I hope you feel better soon. Yes, the nap was good, brought on by benedryl they give before they start the infusion.
@FayeHazel (9302)
@just4him Thanks! I'm happy to feel better. Ah Benadryl is wonderful for rest
@Lizirazo (1979)
Glad you are back home. My day started well with less work.
That's a good way to start the day.
@Lizirazo (1979)
@just4him Yes it is.
• Portland, Connecticut
We had pool exercise this morning then ran to CVS to pick up my hubs prescription and have lunch at 5Guys. A great day so far.
I'm glad you had a great day.
@LoriAMoore (8706)
I gosh Valerie, I missed the fact that you were sick. I'm so sorry. Please take care.
I have a medical condition that's going to stay with me the rest of my life. It's not life-threatening. I have to get an infusion every 8 weeks of Remecade. Thank you.
@ilocosboy (28165)
home is our haven and sanctuary
Yes it is.
@nangayo (1122)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Afternoon here hope your day went well.The sun is hot here.
My day did go well. Thank you.
A wonderful Thursday, No rush day
I love those kinds of days.
@prashu228 (20396)
Glad you are fine. Sorry i don't know what is the treatment all about. My Friday just started
I have a medical condition that needs treatment every eight weeks. The infusion is the way I get the medication for it.