Our little angel puppy is now 8 weeks old

Yesterday our little sweetie turned 8 weeks old and is 4 lbs. Time for deworming and her first set of shots which I will do myself. She is such a cuddler. She likes to be right with us everywhere we are in the house. She will curl herself up so some part of he is touching us. Yesterday she chewed up a crayon she found somewhere under the couch. I took away what I could as she was nipping at my fingers taking it away from her hiding spot. Today she has to stay in the kitchen which has a gate up to keep her in there. She keeps having accidents due to eating some of the crayon. She does not like being alone in the kitchen at all. She thinks she's boss of the house and barks at our 15 year old cat who has been pretty tolerant. This morning the pup chased her out of the room. When the cat came back in and the pup tried that again she hissed and showed puppy she is not putting up with it. The puppy yelped and ran into the other room lol. She likes to run around outside and loves a pillow pet we gave her that barks.
@kaka135 (14055)
She is so sweet!! I enjoy seeing puppies sleeping, they are really like angels! It's fun to read stories about her, it makes me miss my dog.
I love puppy pictures too. They look so sweet when they are sleeping. She sleeps a lot and it's easier to take photos of her then.
@peachpurple (12865)
yeah, missed my old dog too. Where have you been??? Missed ya
Oh my goodness, too cute! Puppies do the silliest and cutest things. =)
I remember my parents dog eating crayons when I was young. I'm hoping her tummy will be better later so she can come in the living room and dining room where she likes it better.
@shaggin Hopefully she will feel better soon.
@PainsOnSlate (20341)
She is beautiful, I love my grand-dogs when they come to visit but am happy when they go home too...
I felt that way about my exes dog but this little one I have so much more fun with. She is less naughty and more calm.
@shaggin I know they can be your best buddies, so glad this one is working for you.
@Shellyann36 (10965)
Glad she is learning that the cat will not tolerate her tricks. She is so very cute. Lots to learn but she will get the hang of it.
My exes dog seemed to learn slower and I was thinking gosh I have the smartest puppy in the world lol. Then I got to thinking its because I am home with her all day training her where as he worked 10 hours a day while she sat in a crate at home.
She is so adorable, I am sure she and the cat will be good friends pretty soon.
The cat is old and doesn't like playing she just lays around sleeping almost the entire day. I don't think her and the puppy will likely be friends but they will learn to just stay away from each other is my guess.
@louievill (18981)
It's good that you know how to deworm and do the shots, thats a lot of savings, yes at 8 weeks she already needs to get the anti parvo.
I got the first set of shots in one vaccine I can give her. It says if she is given it at 8 weeks to give it to her 3 times at 3-4 weeks apart. If given to her at 9 week she to give it to her 2 times 3-4 weeks apart. I figured since I am deworming her now to do that this week while she's 8 weeks then Thursday when she is 9 weeks I will give her the shot then. I've never done one before but I will manage.
@louievill (18981)
@shaggin i know you can, good luck to all of you, the kids and puppy included
@louievill thank you
She sounds, and looks, gorgeous!. I'm glad the cat is reasserting herself.
She tolerates this puppy much better then my exes dog. I think it is the size difference. Labs are much bigger dogs. My cat is about 3 times the size of our puppy so she isn't scared of her. She hisses when the puppy gets to close then the puppy runs off.
@shaggin Once the pup learns to respect her, perhaps they'll end up friends.
@JudyEv I think at the age my cat is she won’t likely want her as a friend but if they can just not hiss and bark at each other I will be happy.
This puppy is so cute! Lovely. I hope the cat does not care, she seems pretty tolerant.
She is a very good cat but she is old and I feel a little bad her having to get used to these new pets after ruling the roost the past 6 or 7 years.
@shaggin I hope the puppy will learn to respect the cat.
@LadyDuck my exes dog hasn’t learned to but then she is only here once a month or so. My cat and puppy see each other all day long.
@shaggin That is an adorable picture of her. That is something that the cat was tolerant of her.
@Hannihar She was so adorable when we first got her. She still is really cute though and so much fun!
@shaggin It is amazing to have a special friend like that.
Awwww she is a cutie
Thank you I think so too!
@shaggin Most definitely :)
@carebear29 (28625)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
puppy is cute
Thank you. She had a lot of accidents today so I had to keep her in the kitchen until after dinner when I could keep a better eye on her. She was doing so good the other days.
@carebear29 (28625)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
@peachpurple (12865)
such a cute pup, she knows who is the boss in the house, even your old kitty is very patient.
Yes we are lucky to have such a sweet cat she is very tolerant.
@peachpurple (12865)
@shaggin your kitty is very mature, I love mature cat
@Tina30219 (34525)
• Onaway, Michigan
Aww how precious. Sorry it don't like being kept in kitchen but don't need accidents all over the house. Funny you say that about the cat and puppy because our cats love our dog they will love up to him.
My cat is so old I think is why she doesn't want to tolerate anything new she isn't used to. It was just her in the house the past 6 years or so.
@Tina30219 (34525)
• Onaway, Michigan
@shaggin Right when our pets get old they sure don't care.
She is so darn cute!!!!!! I'm glad the cat accepted her. They are so like Queen of the House! lol. Enjoy every moment with that adorable bundle of love!!!
The cat tolerates her most the time as long as she doesnt get to close and she isn't very hungry. I don't think I will ever see them cuddle up together but tolerating each other is good enough for me.
@KrauseHome (35349)
So precious. Trying to boss around the Cat must be interesting to watch.
Sometimes the cat just walks away from the puppy barking at her but if she is hungry she swats and hisses at her if the puppy goes within a few feet of her.
@sol_cee (15925)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
What’s her name?
My children named her viking
@ilocosboy (34418)
Oh look at that, she is sweetly sleeping. I just love the light chocolate color of your puppy.
She is mostly a tan color but then she has a darker stripe down her back. That maybe is from the father who they think may be a beagle.
• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Congratulations! I'm a Certified Dog Trainer, and one site I highly recommend for all dog owners is DogStarDaily.com. It was started (I believe), by Doctor Ian Dunbar, one of the top trainer/behaviourists, and is a wealth of resources and information. There are free e-books and downloads, which include the Before and After You Get Your Puppy books, and I tell every dog person I know (and don't know!) about this. Have a wonderful life with your pup!
Thank you for the great information. I will have to check the site out. I read three books a friend gave me and read things that were posted on Pinterest. The puppy is smart and catching on to things well.
@Platespinner (16784)
She's a sweetie!
She sure is she is such a wonderful dog.
@thelme55 (14722)
She's a cute dog.
Thank you we think so as well. She’s very hyper today. She’s hard to keep up with today and yesterday while my son is doing cyber school. She has had a bunch of accidents. I need to get a bell for her to ring when she needs to go out.