Unexpected Wonderful Day

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Today was laundry day, and good thing too as I was out of clothes. My daughter told me I had to come early because my younger son was also doing laundry today. I had some time with my daughter before she went to work, then my son showed up at my daughter's as I was getting ready to leave. I didn't leave. We had a great time talking while he did his laundry. My daughter came home before his laundry was finished. So it was a wonderful day connecting with my family. When I got home, my older son called. I saw and talked to all my children. I also wanted to finish watching a movie saga I've been watching for the past week. Twilight. I started watching it on Netflix, but they only had the first one. Freeform had it and I put it on DVR a while back. This is a movie saga I will never watch again. I equate this saga to that of Pirates of the Caribbean. I hate both equally as much. I only wanted to watch it to find out why people liked or hated it. Now I know. I have it out of my system. No need to watch it again. Now, with laundry finished, and music playing in the background, the heat turned on for the first time this year, I'm ready to spend the rest of the night interacting with you. It's been a long, but good day. I did start my day in the pool. How was your day? Thanks for reading.
I'm happy to hear that you had a wonderful time with your family. I love when mine is all together. We have such a good time. I enjoyed reading the Twilight Saga books and watching the movies. They aren't great literature or Oscar-worthy films, but they are good for mindless entertainment. Funfact: Smash-hit Fifty Shades of Grey was pretty much modeled on Twilight.
I hadn't planned on watching that one, but now I won't. Yes, it was wonderful spending time with my kids.
@just4him I am so hooked on Outlander. You definitely need to check it out in book or TV form if you haven't yet.
@NJChicaa Is it on Netflix? I don't recall seeing it.
I slept late. Pretty good day so far. Nice that you connected with your family. So the bad feelings with the one son is a thing of the past?
Yes, it is. For which I'm grateful.
@just4him .....I bet you are. That's great.
It was a nice day here. Those movies just have never interested me.
Me either, and now I'll never watch them again.
I'm so happy you got to enjoy all three of your children today. They're so much fun! My day was not as good as yours. I didn't see my boys, DIL's, or babies today, but did get lots of texts from them. Today marks the one week anniversary of our younger son and wife. Lots of Facebook fun. I managed to get a nice long walk in today, do some catching up on notifications, and grabbed a quick and early-for-us dinner with my husband. I was starving from the cooler weather! Not into those movies, although I loved Johnny Depp in the first pirate movie.
I just can't get into Johnny Depp. My younger son has all the movies and when I owned my home and he was living with me suggested I should try it. So I watched them, and decided they weren't for me. I've seen other movies that he's done, and so not a fan. He ruined Willie Wonka and Alice in Wonderland. I know there are a lot of Johnny Depp fans, but I'm not one of them.
Nice to hear you're having a good day. I'll do my laundry later, too.
Thank you.
@jobelbojel (6818)
I did not like Pirates. I don't know why I don't like it. What music are you listening to?
Christian at that time. None at the moment. But if I was, it would be Christian. I'm thinking it's too quiet so I just might turn on some music.
It sounds like it was a great day for you! I'm happy for you. =)
Thank you very much.
Im glad you got to see or talk to all your children. I was never into neither of those movies. Not my kind of movies.
Not mine either, so I'll be giving them a miss in the future. Yes, it was great to see or talk to them.
@just4him i dont see how people are into them. But we all have different tastes
@Courtlynn Yes, we do, which is why there is such variety in the movie industry.
@1hopefulman (26265)
So, laundry and got to spend time with your children, not bad! I did my laundry Tuesday and so today I did my food shopping and got some good-looking hot peppers but they were very mild. It was a beautiful sunny day and so got to take a long walk.
It's good it was a nice mild day. I'm going to need to do more shopping soon. Not much, just a couple things. I'm glad you had a nice long walk.
@1hopefulman (26265)
@just4him I like to walk for 30 minutes but go somewhere specific and then do some errands. I like to combine exercise and errands.
@1hopefulman That's a good way to do it.
Twilight should have ended with Blade killing all those vampires!
I don't recall a character called Blade. In my opinion, it should never have been written, or the publishers should never have accepted it. But that's my opinion.
@just4him Blade is a AMrvel hereo who is half-man half-vampire. It is a running joke. Blade crosses over to Twilight and kills all the vampires!
@thelme55 (14040)
It is nice that you have talked to your children. I had a relaxing day at work. I have not seen those movies but heard about them. Enjoy your weekend.
Thank you. It was great to talk to all of them. I'm glad you had a relaxing day at work. My weekend is going great so far.
Glad that you had some good talking time with all your children.
Thank you, it was great.
It would have been SO nice to have talked with all your children. Glad you had such a good day.
Thank you. It was great!
@JustBhem (31733)
• Davao, Philippines
Our day today is gloomy and looks like it will rain later.
I think it rained last night. It did today.
Glad to hear you had a good day with your family and, things are good here too.
I'm glad things are good by you as well.
@ilocosboy (34344)
Enjoy that wonderful day you have.
I did, thank you.
• Rochester, New York
I enjoyed the story lines in the Twilight Saga, but I was not impressed with some of the actors in the movies. Kristen Stewart who played Bella is a horrible actress in my opinion. I'm glad you were able to spend time with your children.
I wasn't impressed with the acting or the story lines. Thank you. I need more days like yesterday.
@Platespinner (16528)
I haven't watched Twilight or read the books, and have no intention of doing either. Glad you had a wonderful day!
I wouldn't recommend them. Thank you. It was wonderful.