What would you do?

@sol_cee (13616)
Japan
Have you ever experienced waking up early to start the day right, thanking God for another gift of life, and checking your phone messages only to find out that one of your former colleagues sent you a pm asking for a $200 loan for his wife who is in the hospital suffering from kidney stones? I don’t know how to feel except for that ball of energy exiting my system. I feel sad that he and his family are in that situation. But I feel sad too that people think I have lots of money to spare. I’m not rich. I work hard, far from my family, missing my kids’ birthdays, becoming a stranger to them, but people seem to think I’m loaded. The go-to person for cash problems. Sad. Just sad.
@ebanreb (4779)
Since he is your friend and needs your help then help him.
@sol_cee (13616)
• Japan
Have you lent 10,000 pesos to your friend?
@ebanreb (4779)
@sol_cee Yes more than 10k i guess.
@sol_cee (13616)
• Japan
@ebanreb wow. And then?
I never check my messages so no one would leave that for me
@sol_cee (13616)
• Japan
Wow..
Things get better with time, and I hope that your life will become much brighter because it will. =)
@sol_cee (13616)
• Japan
Thank you. I like your username. ;)
@sol_cee Thank you very much. It is my name. My website's name and all. Trying to be an author and make my dream come true and having a website is good. Don't know what I'm doing sometimes really. Hee hee.
@sol_cee (13616)
• Japan
@runningthegalaxies You mean your real name?
@JustBhem (22514)
• Davao, Philippines
And what happens? Did you send them the money?
@sol_cee (13616)
• Japan
I don't have money. 10,000 pesos is a lot Bhem.
@JustBhem (22514)
• Davao, Philippines
@sol_cee Oh, I see. Yeah, it's a lot of money Sol. I think they can go to PCSO or DSWD for that matter. Besides its just kidney stones.
@sol_cee (13616)
• Japan
@JustBhem Kidney stones aren't serious?
@YrNemo (8630)
Did that guy do that to you or others in the past, the asking for money or favors part? Were you famous in your circle for being soft-hearted and easily conned? (I was labelled that, so I know .)
@sol_cee (13616)
• Japan
Easily conned. Ouch.
@YrNemo (8630)
@sol_cee Some teased me after getting money from me. They cried a bit, and said I was the only one who could be conned that easily. I was shocked, and didn't know what to say. One just tried again, this time asking me several thousand US dollars, 2 installments of such amount per year for about 5-6 yrs. I shook my head! That same person laughed at me last time when she managed to con me nicely. She also implied that I was so stupid that she was amazed. I rest my case.
@sol_cee (13616)
• Japan
@YrNemo That's sad. I am easily conned then.
It's so rude to ask money to people, especially if you do playing of the sentiments. Hospital is covered by our healthcare system here, do you have something similar?
@sol_cee (13616)
• Japan
Unfortunately not all people have health insurance in my country Anna-san.
@sol_cee I did not know it was not mandatory, it is here in Switzerland if you want to work, or simply to live, here.
@acelawrites (10752)
I feel what you are feeling because last night, a relative called saying she needed cash for his father's hospital bills. I can't describe the feeling of being guilty or annoyed because I thought I tried to save money, using it so wisely, sometimes depriving myself of some needs just to save; and yet I can see their relatives posting a lot on FB about escapades, etc. Why don't they save for their parent's future?
@sol_cee (13616)
• Japan
Exactly that sentiment. You aced that one Acelawrites-san.
@ilocosboy (33294)
If only we have means to help them then we would have done it.
@sol_cee (13616)
• Japan
If only..
Sorry to hear that sad news. I hope everything will be okay in the end.
@sol_cee (13616)
• Japan
Thank you. I hope so too.
Just tell them all of your money goes to support your family.
@sol_cee (13616)
• Japan
Yeah, but knowing people..
Yess, sorry for them that they are in that situation, but, that is also...very much pressure on you on top of everything else:(.
@kepweng (6382)
itss sad story but i think you have a Free government hospitals for poor people??
@antonbunot (9506)
• Calgary, Alberta
That was what I was thinking (LOADED) before I read your post.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Oh No, that is terribly emotionally and mentally draining, it does leave a person feeling deflated @sol_cee . I am sorry they assume you have it all.
@studylove (2149)
yes it is very sad to know that all. We should help the needy people. What is your view point?
@bunnybon7 (33113)
• Holiday, Florida
yes that is just wrong. worst is some think you are so loaded they need not pay you back! i have the same here. don't they know you would not work so hard if you did not need the money. just say you don't have it you paid bills already with it. i too have that with my adult kids. just because i get one lump sum a month . i am disabled and retired. i have to budget it. they get paid weekly so think i get more but added up, they get more. they just spend it faster.
@responsiveme (14418)
I hope you are not swayed by sentiment.I know how hard it is to live away from family for job reasons
@YesWay (3496)
This is a really horrible position to be put in
• Lakewood, Colorado
I am sorry to hear this about your friend. And also sorry that people seem to think you are loaded..I understand..that you work very hard and indeed what you have is all you have..not rich. I have experienced people such as that asking me also and for some odd reason, thinking I can spare it, when I cannot. What I would do is reply nicely that I do not have the kind of cash to lend and sorry for their plight..that is what I would do.
@cttolledo (2322)
• Batangas, Philippines
I agree. There are instances that you have to say no. I have experienced that. My yes always depends on the situation. If they're loaning for not so important thing my answer is automatic no.