On The Road

The forecast for today is nice. The forecast for tomorrow is not nice. Later on this morning my hubby and I plan on getting out on the road again. We would like to drive down to see our son. He lives a couple of hours away from us. I need to get groceries and he needs to get to the barber before we leave. I also think that I'll stop in at the bakery and bring them some carrot cupcakes-who doesn't love a dessert-bearing guest? What are your plans for the day today?
Desserts are always welcome, I am sure they will appreciate. Have a safe drive.
That's what I thought, and this bakery does such a fine job. Have a nice day Anna.
@Juliaacv I am sure you are on the road now, enjoy your day.
@LadyDuck Thank you. We had a lot of fun, we just got back home a little while ago. Went to a really fancy place for supper.
@silvermist (20100)
Enjoy your visit with your son.I am sure your carrot cupcakes will be a hit.
Thank you, I also picked up a bouquet of roses for our daughter-in-law.
@silvermist (20100)
@Juliaacv That was really thoughtful.I am sure your daughter-in-law was truly happy.
@silvermist They both were. We stopped at a meat market and picked up a huge package of pepperettes, which we "conveniently" forgot in their fridge, they all enjoyed a couple of them during the afternoon, but there were still lots left.
@alberello75 (17481)
• Genova, Italy
In Italy, my day has already ended. Now it's 21:00 (9.00 pm), I think to watch TV in my mom's company. I hope you have a good Sunday. Greetings Alessandro
Thank you, you have a nice Sunday when it arrives also.
@alberello75 (17481)
• Genova, Italy
@Juliaacv Excuse me a question : How are your plans for this Sunday? Thanks in advance Alessandro
@alberello75 We don't have any plans for Sunday just yet.
@YrNemo (12638)
We have to attend some special events. That means travelling and whatever else. I am not keen, but we have no choice.
I hope that you have fun today!
@YrNemo (12638)
@Juliaacv I am thinking of bringing some books along, the problem is, which one, perhaps a few thin books? perhaps some ebooks?
@YrNemo I hope that you had a good time today. We just got back home.
@PainsOnSlate (20254)
Love desserts, hope your trip is delightful. I'm painting again today just because I can, Hubby is on the golf course, looked like rain but I guess its going to stay dry...
We had a great visit. We took them out for a fancy meal at a really nice place, and we all ate way too much.
@Juliaacv sharing a meal with loved ones is what life is all about.
@PainsOnSlate Oh I totally agree. And we had such fun together. Its been such a busy time with moving and their wedding, but all of that melts away when we're together.
@Shellyann36 (9513)
I am Mylotting and then I have to go to Fayetteville. I don't want to go but it is a must make trip. I hope you enjoy your trip.
We did enjoy our trip and visit, I hope that your trip went well.
@Juliaacv Glad, you enjoyed it. After I finally got out of the house, it was not bad at all. It was my working up to going that messed with me.
@Shellyann36 Great to hear
I would love to go visit my son and his wife. She is pregnant and I make her some popcorn balls to munch on. I know she would love that. Enjoy your drive and visit with your son!
I picked up a bouquet of red roses for our daughter-in-law as well as the cupcakes, and we plan on taking them out for a really nice supper.
@Juliaacv flowers are always welcome in my home. If I want them I buy them myself.
@ElusiveButterfly She loved them! And when she's happy our son is happy too.
It is a stormy day here with lots of rain, so indoors we will stay. The following days will be all sun. Enjoy your visit!!!
I hope that your rain passes. We drove in rain for part of our drive home in the dark on the highway-it slowed us down considerably.
Have a very pleasant trip.
Thank you. Our son lives in Windsor and we're here, in London. There are 2 really long stretches of single land traffic on the 401 thru Chatham-Kent, so we're taking another route. There have been several accidents and a few deaths as a result of that construction to the highway and its nerve-wracking to drive it.
To stay inside and watch movies on youtube.
I hope that you find some really good shows to watch.
Just Harvestfest. Today is supposed to be beautiful, high around 86 F/30 C and clear skies...a bit of rain tomorrow, but only about a tenth of an inch and should end by noonish.
Its overcast here, but I have faith that the sun will break thru the clouds-eventually. Have a good time at the Harvestfest, I know that you will!
I was on internet whole day.