Holiday Fare

@UncleJoe (11450)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
It seems that the older I get, the faster time flies. The holidays are rapidly approaching again. Halloween candy appears to be more expensive this year than ever. I’m afraid I will just have to Kandy Kiss wrap my Ex-lax and pass that out again. Thanksgiving costs a lot these days too. Have you seen the price of those farm-raised turkeys in the supermarket? I just can’t afford one this year. Yet, it just wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without a nice fat roasted bird on the table. That’s why I will have to resort to the old-fashioned method I learned from my father. All it costs is the price of a couple of #6 12 Gauge shotgun shells and a little patience. You need one shell to bag a rabbit. But you can’t eat it. That little critter is your bait. I just place the dead bunny on a quiet back road and hide in the bushes. It usually doesn’t take long to attract a turkey. These birds possess long-range vision and have a keen sense of smell. They can smell road-kill while circling high in the air. When a nice fat Tom lands to eat the bait, I blast him with the other shell. My daddy taught me that this was they way our forefathers bagged their Thanksgiving birds. Personally, I think wild turkeys are extremely tough and taste kind of putrid, but what can I do? Tradition is tradition.
I will be putting up signs not to go to your house for candy. But I would not that kind of turkey at all. If I needed to change traditions oh what joy that would be.
@UncleJoe (11450)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Don't knock my candy @sharon6345 Kids tend to remember it a lot longer than the last Tootsie Roll they ate. It lasts longer too.
@UncleJoe You are a bad man. The flyers are going out today.
LOL, I will not blow that cover! Being I am one of those stupid Southerners. Please do not forget the opossum gravy. Have fun and laugh your butt off!
@UncleJoe (11450)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Yes'm @andriaperry because it takes a whole lot of that possum gravy to moisten those drumsticks.
@YesWay (3452)
I'm avoiding your house when I'm trick or treating...
@pgntwo (22751)
• Alanya, Turkey
I wonder what going cold-vulture feels like?
@UncleJoe (11450)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@pgntwo Wassa a vulture?
@pgntwo (22751)
• Alanya, Turkey
The Jungle Book ? Mowgli meets the vultures HD ? Cartoon For Kids The Jungle Book ? Mowgli meets the vultures HD ? Cartoon For Kids The Jungle Book ? Mowgli ...
@UncleJoe (11450)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@pgntwo Oh, I quit watching cartoons when I found out that you can't believe half of that stuff. However, in this country we call those "turkeys".
Well we have no Halloween celebrations and no Thanksgiving in Latvia so that makes it easy for me. This year being completely alone I am also not doing Christmas just some Bible reading and watching Christmas movies. Hope you blast a turkey to kingdom come but there is still time. Take a look at this and there are more sites online under cheap thanksgiving turkeys
Best Turkey Prices, Coupons & Deals If you’re finding this post in 2017, stay tuned. I will start to update this post again for the 2017 season starting in late October/early November. Once again, I’m going to do my best to round-up the best turkey prices
@UncleJoe (11450)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@RasmaSandra Unfortunately, not being from the US, you have missed the humor intended in this post. None of what I wrote is true. It was just a joke, but thank you for trying to help me find affordable turkeys.
@UncleJoe no matter but things are expensive. Here if we wanted to recognize Thanksgiving it would cost an arm and a leg not to mention giving up eating for awhile just to get the bird and then most of the time turkey meat is tough here and not good at all.
Sounds like a days work but I think I would much rather do without and the plucking is a days work in itself. lol
I am pleased that carry on those traditons!!! I am sorry for those living things who are part of those traditions, but a guys gotta do what a guys gotta do!
@kepweng (19323)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
nice pet turkey or its vulture?
I would rather eat the rabbit they taste better.