How do you say it, without offending others?

@chris2050 (1335)
Manila, Philippines
I believe we all have principles and values, things that we will never do, no matter what, because it's a principle in our life. Even if everyone else does it, you won't still join. Some people are against death penalty, abortion, premarital sex, gender reassignment, and many other things, and they won't change their opinion on that, even if everyone else think it's normal. I worked for a Gay for two years, and now I have a gay coworker. I respect other people's choices of life, I don't think I am an example in anything, which is why I don't want to sermonize anyone about what he/she is doing, it's none of my business. But several times, I always get these same questions coming from my former boss, or colleague: "What do you think about gays?" "Will you consider dating a gay or a transgender" "What do you think a woman can do, that a gay can't do?" I was always embarrassed, first because I am against same sex relationship (I am not judging them, I am just against it, I guess I have the right to be against something), I don't know what to say without offending my boss, who sometimes comes to the office dress like a lady, or my colleague. What tactic do you use, to tell someone you don't like something that he/she seems to like and cherish, without offending him/her, or sound judgmental?
• Guangdong, China
oh, quite embarrassing. Just say they chose what they liked, I didn't care about them?
@chris2050 (1335)
• Manila, Philippines
I think you are right
• Guangdong, China
@chris2050 it is difficult to say or talk about these kind of things because we don't step into their shoes.
@louievill (18327)
Just say " I have my own beliefs regarding moral standards and I'm sure you also have yours, now let's move to the next topic lol"
@chris2050 (1335)
• Manila, Philippines
Hahahaha. Though it may be sarcastic, I think it's the best way
@louievill (18327)
@chris2050 sometimes we have to when we are left with no choice
You might have to say I do not talk about that subject.
@chris2050 (1335)
• Manila, Philippines
It's usually my answer, but you know, some people won't just stop. They will always ask you the same thing again, and again. Things like: "But why you don't talk about it?" You might not understand, from an American perspective, but most Asians won't let you in peace until you answer them
Honestly tell your Boss that you do not like to talk about that topic.
@1hopefulman (27220)
This is what I would say. "I treat everyone as a neighbor. We each are free to decide how we live our lives, this is what I personally do."