Monday Musings

Happy Monday Everyone! We have a mix of sun and clouds today and the temperatures have gotten cooler. Maybe we'll get some Fall weather afterall. I have my sliding door open and it feels nice to get some fresh air into the house. I don't have any big plans for today but I do have some housework that needs to get done along with laundry that seems to be a daily chore. Even though there's only two of us living here the laundry never seems to end. I'm still between books and it's weird that I haven't picked a book to read. I haven't even had breakfast yet and I'm already thinking that I'll make baked pork chops for dinner with baked sweet potatoes and a vegetable (yet to be determined). Do you plan dinner early in the day or do you just worry about it when the time comes? I really try to make a menu for the week so I know what I'm cooking with a plan B in mind in case things change. Lately I've been very lackadaisical when it comes to meal planning. So that's what's happening in my boring little part of the myLot world.
@HazySue (17190)
I can't wait until it is cool enough to leave open windows and doors to get fresh air. I am surprised you haven't chosen a book yet. I tend to have several waiting in line. Dinner sounds wonderful. Sometimes I plan ahead and sometimes I don't. Today I haven't thought about it yet.
I'm actually surprised at myself for not having a book picked out. Usually I have the next one ready while I'm still reading the current one. I think I have too many to choose from
@HazySue (17190)
@Marilynda1225 that can happen.
@ilocosboy (33306)
Okay, lets start the week with a bang, happy weekdays for us.
lets have a great week
I usually plan a "weekly menu". Every Monday morning, I check what I have in the refrigerator and what there is in the freezer and I plan my lunch and dinners up to Sunday.
That's what I try to do too but haven't been on the ball lately. I hate when I don't have a plan
@Marilynda1225 It's a bit boring to make the plan, but I am relaxed all the week not thinking what I have to do for lunch and supper.
Good habit!
• Lakewood, Colorado
I havent done too much today but had a doc appt for eyes..Now out a bunch of money for prescrip glasses..and was not able to see for a good while today after those drops they put in. Glad you are having a nice day Marilyn. No dinner today..just snacks is all.
Glasses are so expensive. I only wear reading glasses but I know my daughters and son pay quite a bit for their glasses/contacts.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@Marilynda1225 Oh yes they are crazy expensive if you dont go to the cheap places..since it is my eyes I opted for the good place.
@TiarasOceanView you're smart...we only get one set of eyes
@prashu228 (22659)
Its sleeping time here. Hope you have a nice day
Have a good nights sleep
@prashu228 (22659)
@Marilynda1225 hope you had a nice sleep
I just closed our windows and turned on the gas fireplace. It feels so good. I used to plan weekly meals, but now I decide the day of. We go out a lot, so this way, we don't waste food. My freezer is well stocked. Hubs will pick up fresh fruit and veggies today on his way home from his meanderings. I just decided to have ribeye on the grill.
Yum ribeye on the grill sounds mouth-watering right about now
@Marilynda1225 It was soooo good! lol
@fishtiger58 (30715)
• Momence, Illinois
What I'm having for dinner is the worst part of my day. I am a very picky eater and that makes things difficult. I at this time have no idea what we are having. I often ask my hubby and son what we should have and their favorite answer is " food". They are so no help.
Dinner is my favorite meal of the day so I usually plan that ahead of time so I have something good to look forward to. Your hubby and son sound like my kids always did when asked what they wanted to eat. A bunch of wise-guys
@fishtiger58 (30715)
• Momence, Illinois
@Marilynda1225 Yes a bunch of wise guys. We had meatloaf, fried potatoes with onions, corn and applesauce.It was yummy
@Shortail (674)
well, Monday here is holiday, so, it's good, no need to go for work. It was actually a long weekend here, I hope tomorrow also, but the news here don't want us to be happy, and they said go back to work.
Having an extra day off from work is good so enjoy!
@Shortail (674)
@Marilynda1225 Yeah, and your coffee is good suggestion while resting.
play my game of tennis.Getting caught up here and then back to my reading.
Are you still reading Hillary or are you on to something else?
@Marilynda1225 No I am almost finish.Will be this wee.
Your supper sounds delicious. We had meatball Monday, comfort food, along with some pork and beans. Its an easy meal since I just do the meatballs up in muffin tins and let them bake, and opening a can of beans, well you know how difficult that can be. But somehow we love that meal.
I love comfort food the best and always have beans in the pantry too.
It has been chilly all day here to me. Been wearing a sweater most of the day.
I think it's time to put my sandals away and start thinking about socks and shoes
Not feeling my best these days I find it difficult to decide what to make for meals.
Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well lately.
Things are pretty boring here too, but boring is OK. It is chilly here, but all sunshine. I do not plan dinner; I just come up with something on the spur of the moment.
Boring is ok with me too. I've been through too many times when things weren't going so well so it's nice to have no drama
Meals depends on where and how much I work, like my dinner post last night. I needed something quick! Its cold here and I have to work. Have a wonderful day.
Hope you have a great day too
Your day is busier than mine!
I had great expectations when I got up but so far I've gotten nothing accomplished
I usually have things in mind about what I want to make for dinner. It's hot here still, can't wait for cooler weather.
We got cooler weather today and it's a welcome relief from the heat.
@MarymargII (8370)
• Toronto, Ontario
Yes, I kind of think about a few days in advance so I can get what I need, but often end up picking up a few missing groceries to complete the task. But it's best to plan ahead a little or we'd just have to order in or go out -ha!---Not a bad idea either---ha!
@LoriAMoore (10213)
Once hubby gets up, we're going to go out for lunch and a little shopping.
@sol_cee (13698)
• Japan
Baked pork chops sound delicious.