Here's looking at you, kid!

@sallypup (21764)
Moses Lake, Washington
I hope my handsome friend shows up. If not, I will mess with his photo again. Daughter took me to the zoo yesterday. Bummer. Camels but no camel rides. Guess that was a summer gig. There was a "feed the giraffe" gig happening so I forked over three clams and daughter was then able to extend a carrot and a chunk of lettuce to my rather long necked buddy. I love his colors. There was a no touch policy that made me super itchy to reach out and touch!!! What would his handsome hide feel like? Rough or smooth? I continue to be curious but oh well. I hope you like my buddy.
I don't like the zoo at all. I would think you had a great time there.
@sallypup (21764)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@sharon6345 Enquiring minds need to know: what don't you like about the zoo?
@sallypup I don't lie the smell for starters. It was terrible when I went as a child.
@sallypup (21764)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@sharon6345 Interesting. All the critter habitats were clean and well cared for. There were also beauty such as native butterflies in huge, lovely flowering hedges.
Adorable! I have not been to th zoo in 20 years. I always feel sorry for the animals.
@sallypup (21764)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I agree, @andriaperry. There was at least one animal that was on the endangered list. It looked like the zoo kept that species going.
I would get scared to touch an animal. I even get scared petting a dog sometimes.
@sallypup (21764)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Eyesclosed I'm sorry to hear that. Some dogs are quite nice.
@sallypup yeah and some are just too darn cute but I still get scared anyways.. i like looking at them from a far :(
@sallypup (21764)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Eyesclosed You could start with a calm dog and go from there.
Isn't he gorgeous? What a pity about the camel non-ride. Maybe another time.
@sallypup (21764)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@JudyEv Maybe that was for only summer time.
• Riga, Latvia
Nice giraffe. I love going to zoos. I once had a giraffe lick my cheek. It was a terribly wet and amazing happening.
@sallypup (21764)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@RasmaSandra Thanks for that amazing story. What an experience!
@Lertka (348)
• Ukraine
I like to visit zoos. We often go there with my daughter. She really likes you there. For children, this is real joy.
@sallypup (21764)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Lertka I heard and watched families share the zoo as my daughter and I moved around the various displays. That really made my day, seeing Moms and Dad explaining and talking about the natural world with their children.
@HazySue (17022)
He is very handsome for sure. Now you have me wondering if he is rough or smooth.
@sallypup (21764)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@HazySue Some dogs have smooth coats like the giraffe. They feel nice though I am partial to more fur.
@KrauseHome (33368)
Giraffe's are so awesome. This is a great photo of him, and fun to hear that you were able to get that close to him.
He is one very handsome giraffe. A noble-looking fellow.
• Portland, Connecticut
A very cute friend. I do love giraffes.