Goodbye Dilapidated Jeepneys!

Philippine e-Jeepney - Rappler
@dodoazo (21671)
Philippine PUV Modernization Underway The public utility vehicle owners, operators and drivers had dramatized their protest on phasing out PUVs that 15 years or older for safety reasons on the part of the public commuters. The government has come up a new jeepney type as shown in the above picture as screengrabbed from Rappler's.  This is prototype of a jeepney to replace the 180,000 old jeepneys in the entire country of the Philippines as reported by Land Transportation Office (LTO). If you were a Filipino, will agree with this government proposal?
@ilocosboy (39139)
I'm so amenable with this. Change is part of our living. Jeepney might have big impact to our country but some old things must be put aside: look we are using now the mobile phone instead of telephone; no more telegram because we have facebook now. Sometimes we must embrace the new change for the goodness of the present and future.
@dodoazo (21671)
You have a very point of view as far Philippine progress is concerned.
Will there be an effect if you don`t change the front style?
@ilocosboy (39139)
actually its not the design that matters, its the years of the vehicle. And of course, using with electric is another good thing to happen because of lesser smoke emission.
Yes, if safety is the purpose for the new jeepneys, then I would agree.
@dodoazo (21671)
I do agree also. It's time to get rid of the streets of unsafe jeepneys.
Absolutely I would agree with it. We are always upgrading our public transportation vehicles.
@dodoazo (21671)
You know those concerned transport owners are against this modernization because they're suspicious about the hidden agenda which I couldn't understand.
@dodoazo I doubt there would be a hidden agenda. What's not to like having a good running vehicle.
@dodoazo (21671)
@just4him What I mean is the politicking. There are politicians behind this move. I hope there's none. But those affected claim it so.
@JustBhem (44528)
• Davao, Philippines
I agree with this, for the greater change of our country.
@dodoazo (21671)
It's highly and timely for this change for the riding public to enjoy snd for their safety.
@JustBhem (44528)
• Davao, Philippines
@dodoazo And I agree with this.
@dodoazo (21671)
@JustBhem That's the main objective of PUVs modernization.
That looks quite nice. Is the strike over?
@dodoazo (21671)
Yes, it's only for 2 days. What you're opinion on this issue?
@dodoazo I am all for it if the new ones will improve safety on the roads.
@dodoazo (21671)
@Kandae11 we're supporting it too. Thanks for your views.
@m_audrey6788 (17395)
Nope! As I like the original Philippine Jeepneys, They can make changes but the original front style must not change
@dodoazo (21671)
You have another point of view. Old jeepney style has a weight in the Philippine history is concerned.
@dodoazo (21671)
@m_audrey6788 But the government is recommending the prototype of the PUV to be followed. What do you think?
@nangayo (2325)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Yes i would agree if it is for a good reason.
@dodoazo (21671)
The LTO wanted it that the road would be free from accident-proned vehicles like those 15 years or older.
They did the same thing with Customized SUV aircon vehicles and so far it has worked increase the quality of transport. But I don't know if any one has the capacity to pay for the new jeep neys. They still look like mini shuttles to me.
@dodoazo (21671)
Probably, it is. You know Filipino is talented, inventor, and Jack of all trade.
@kepweng (19191)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
wow nice design its like a mini bus with aircon ? hope the yellow supporters woud not be piss or mad?
@dodoazo (21671)
It's not the color that matters. It's the safety that counts most.
I learned about this news briefly. These jeeps will be replaced by modern types. And the government's decision is quite tough because it ignores the protest. And if it goes on, perhaps they will be put into the jail? I think it will be too much. Perhaps it will be a big budget for the vehicle owners to replace the new modern types. It will be better if the government can give them some benefits or money so that this new policy will be carried out easily.
@dodoazo (21671)
I think those affected transport owners won't receive any subsidy from the government for the replacement of their vehicles. They've to shoulder all the expenses.
@trivia79 (7887)
• El Segundo, California
It's my first time to see you here in mylot Hi there PO!
@dodoazo (21671)
What you're opinion on this?