Daily Bible Study

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Day 59 Isaiah 65 65:1 I am sought of them that asked not for me; I am found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my name. 2 I have spread out my hands all the day unto a rebellious people, which walks in a way that was not good, after their own thoughts; 3 A people that provokes me to anger continually to my face; that sacrifices in gardens, and burns incense upon altars of brick; 4 Which remain among the graves, and lodge in the monuments, which eat swine’s flesh, and broth of abominable things is in their vessels; 5 Which say, Stand by thyself, come not near to me; for I am holier than thou. These are a smoke in my nose, a fire that burns all the day. 6 Behold, it is written before me: I will not keep silence, but will recompense, even recompense into their bosom, 7 Your iniquities, and the iniquities of your fathers together, says the LORD, which have burned incense upon the mountains, and blasphemed me upon the hills: therefore will I measure their former work into their bosom. 8 Thus says the LORD, As the new wine is found in the cluster, and one says, Destroy it not; for a blessing is in it: so will I do for my servants’ sakes, that I may not destroy them all. 9 And I will bring forth a seed out of Jacob, and out of Judah an inheritor of my mountains: and mine elect shall inherit it, and my servants shall dwell there. 10 And Sharon shall be a fold of flocks, and the valley of Achor a place for the herds to lie down in, for my people that have sought me. 11 But ye are they that forsake the LORD, that forget my holy mountain, that prepare a table for that troop, and that furnish the drink offering unto that number. 12 Therefore will I number you to the sword, and ye shall all bow down to the slaughter: because when I called, ye did not answer; when I spoke, ye did not hear; but did evil before mine eyes, and did choose that wherein I delighted not. 13 Therefore thus says the Lord GOD, Behold, my servants shall eat, but ye shall be hungry: behold, my servants shall drink, but ye shall be thirsty: behold, my servants shall rejoice, but ye shall be ashamed: 14 Behold, my servants shall sing for joy of heart, but ye shall cry for sorrow of heart, and shall howl for vexation of spirit. 15 And ye shall leave your name for a curse unto my chosen: for the Lord GOD shall slay thee, and call his servants by another name: 16 That he who blesses himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that swears in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes. 17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. 18 But be ye glad and rejoice forever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy. 19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying. 20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die a hundred years old; but the sinner being a hundred years old shall be accursed. 21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them. 22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands. 23 They shall not labor in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them. 24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear. 25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent’s meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, says the LORD. Have you ever wanted to be included in activities, but were always the last to be picked or not picked at all? You knew as well as everyone else who the best people were for sports and various activities, and it wasn’t you. However, you hoped that someone would want you on their team. God said he sought those who didn’t ask for him and found them. His people were rebellious and didn’t want anything to do with their God, but went after false gods. So God went looking for people who would accept him, and found them, even though they didn’t know or ask about him. God is a team player. Everyone is accepted on his team. He looks for the outcast and brings them into his fold. He also seeks after his children who have a heart for him and gives them a place. He doesn’t turn anyone away. However, he will reject anyone who rejects him, and sends them away from him. There will always be people who want nothing to do with God. He turns his attention to those who accept him and tells them he will give them new heavens and a new earth. They will sing and shout for joy. He promises long life to those who accept him. People a hundred years old will be considered infants, and those who don’t accept him at age one hundred he will curse. In that time there will be peace. His people will build and plant and live in and eat what they build and plant. There will be no fear even of animals as the wolf and lamb will eat together, as will the lion and bullock. There will be no destruction on his holy mountain. And Satan will eat dust, just as God promised him in the Garden of Eden. Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. (KJV) Revelation 7:15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sits on the throne shall dwell among them. 16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst anymore; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. 17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes. (KJV) Ecclesiastes 8:12 Though a sinner do evil an hundred times, and his days be prolonged, yet surely I know that it shall be well with them that fear God, which fear before him: 13 But it shall not be well with the wicked, neither shall he prolong his days, which are as a shadow; because he fears not before God. Amos 9:14 And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them. 15 And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, says the LORD thy God. As Christians, you know the days are coming when all will be fulfilled, when Jesus will return for his bride and restore all things. Sorrow and weeping, despair, and grief, will be past. Only rejoicing and joy, singing, and dancing will be seen when peace rules the nations. What a glorious day that will be. Aren’t you glad he included you in the celebration? Let’s pray: Father, thank you for including me in your salvation plan. Thank you for seeking me out and finding me. Help me to put all tears and sorrow, despair, grief, and rejection behind me, and walk in the light of your love for me. In Jesus’ name, I pray, amen. Copyright © 18 October 2017 by Valerie Routhieaux Image courtesy of Pixabay
A new heaven and a new earth - which means that earth as we know it will be no more. What will happen to those people who are alive and still on earth?
@just4him Thank you.
@Kandae11 You're welcome.
@nangayo (2325)
• Nairobi, Kenya
This is my favorite book the Bible. Thank you for this.
I'm glad you were blessed by the study. You're welcome. Have a blessed day.
@nangayo (2325)
• Nairobi, Kenya
@just4him same to you there
@carebear29 (28834)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
amen and god bless!
Have a blessed day.
@carebear29 (28834)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
@just4him you too thanks
@prashu228 (25501)
Amen
Have a blessed day.