Household job I don't like to do

@LeaPea2417 (21939)
Toccoa, Georgia
The one household job I put off and put off until I can't put if off any longer, is vacuuming under things! I need to vacuum under my bed and under the guest bed. But, that is going to mean taking things out from under the bed and putting them back once finished. I admit, I store things under both beds. Do you do that, if you have space under your bed? The other place I need to vacuum under are the living room couch and chairs. But that means moving the heavy furniture around. It must be done. It will be done sometime this week. Ugh, the thought.
I have a heavy couch and chair but no rugs in my house. So I just move the furniture forward and sweep between them once a week. I sweep each room every day. Cleaning is never done.
@LeaPea2417 (21939)
• Toccoa, Georgia
We have wall to wall carpet.
I took everything from under the beds here, recently of course. I was tired of having to move things out from under the bed to vacuum. I do move the furniture several times a year to vacuum under there, but it is a pain to move all of it.
@LeaPea2417 (21939)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Once I clean out the closets, then those things under the bed could go into them.
The 1 household chore I greatly dislike doing is cleaning the stove. I just dislike that. As it relates to storing things under the bed, I only store empty suitcases and boxes there, with naphthalene balls in them to prevent roach infestation.
@LeaPea2417 (21939)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That is a good idea to prevent bugs.
@LeaPea2417 yup. And it reduces the need to clean there regularly
I hate doing dishes, that's my most hated chore. Lol.
@LeaPea2417 (21939)
• Toccoa, Georgia
There are several chores I donĀ“t like. Fortunately, after I was diagnosed with cancer, I decided that there were some things I would not do and others I could not do. Vacuuming under heavy furniture is something I will not do anymore. So Leticia does that and I cook.
@LeaPea2417 (21939)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That is good that she now cleans.
Nothing under my bed just needs a good washing under there. I too am not a fan of that job.
@LeaPea2417 (21939)
• Toccoa, Georgia
After I clean out the closets, I am thinking what is stored under the bed could go into the closets.
I do not store things under our bed and the one in the guest room. I mop under our bed every morning, so it would be a pain. I can vacuum under the couch without moving it.
@LeaPea2417 (21939)
• Toccoa, Georgia
We have wall to wall carpet. I think lately, we should pull it up and put hardwood floors in. It would make it easier, if I could just mop under the bed.
@LeaPea2417 In our previous apartment we had wall to wall carpet in every room. My husband is allergic to the dust and carpeting always have a bit of dust. Here we have real wood floors in all rooms except in the kitchen and the 3 bathrooms, where we have tiles. He breaths so much better and never had cough since we have no more carpeting.
@LeaPea2417 (21939)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@LadyDuck That is what I have been thinking lately about the carpets is that , even though I vacuum , there still could be dust I miss.
We dont vaccum under as we have no reason to. Mine would be bathrooms. Lol always has been.
@LeaPea2417 (21939)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Yes, the bathrooms are hard on me too.
@LeaPea2417 they're the grossest rooms and i just cant do it. Plus hate bleach and thats the only way to clean the shower walls ans tub.
@LeaPea2417 (21939)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@Courtlynn I agree. The smell of bleach is gross to me.
I really hate most of the household chores I have to do, but, I have to clean the house so we do not live in a pigsty. What I really hate is ironing. I put it off till I really have to do it.
@LeaPea2417 (21939)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I don't mind ironing, but I do wait until I have to do it.
@LeaPea2417 The other stuff Anne Marie I do all the time, but, ironing I do not have to do all the time so when I do have to do it is hard but has to be done.
@LeaPea2417 I am glad you do not mind ironing Anne Marie.
I also don't like cleaning the under part of our bed. I don't use the vacuum because I hate having to get it from the storage then attach this and that. I simply just wipe the under part with a plastic broom with adjustable handle. Then, I mop it and let the electric fan dry the floor after.
@LeaPea2417 (21939)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That is a good cleaning method.
@LeaPea2417 Yes, the plastic broom doesn't consume electricity. The electric fan consumes only a little of electricity also. No hassle in using them.
I do not have anything under my bed, its low and I have to take it apart to vacuum under it, a pain in the rump! Now the guest bed has stuff under it but that is about to change, I cannot deal with the clutter anymore.
@LeaPea2417 (21939)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I really should find another place for some of the things that are under the bed.
I really dislike the task of cleaning my juicer after I use it.
@LeaPea2417 (21939)
• Toccoa, Georgia
We use to have a juicer and I know what you mean.
I do not have anything under my bed. I do however have heavy things to move whilst vacuuming in the living room.
@LeaPea2417 (21939)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I will probably wait to do the living room when my husband is off work and can help me move the couch and heavy chair.
@1creekgirl (11922)
My most dreaded chore is cleaning the bathrooms.
@LeaPea2417 (21939)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That is another one that I do not prefer to do.
@prashu228 (25504)
Lol..i too don't like, but it's unavoidable
@LeaPea2417 (21939)
• Toccoa, Georgia
It is amazing how much dust forms under the bed.
@KristenH (24905)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
I have little space under the bed, which is hard to reach. I hear you Ann-Marie.
• Preston, England
oven cleaning is my least favourite chore
@LeaPea2417 (21939)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Oh yes, that is another thing that is hard for me to do.
@studylove (2128)
I don't like to wash dishes. What is the house hold job you don't like?
@LeaPea2417 (21939)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I also don't like to clean the bathroom.
@mythociate (15939)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
'Under the bed' is where I would put things when I'm in a hurry to clean my room (Saturday mornings, back when "Saturday Morning Cartoons" were a big deal and when 'watching them' was my reward for having a 'clean' room )
A Place for Pure Laughter. 100% Funny - 100% Original
@LeaPea2417 (21939)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I understand that
I don't have anything under my bed, but I certainly did for the first few decades of my life.