What would you do when you have nothing to do at work?

@thelme55 (11777)
Germany
Many things I could do when I have no client at work. I blog, read, eat, take a nap, chat, receive or give a massage to my workmate and can go to a cafe. It is not only me but also my workmates. Weird, isn't It? At work and can take a nap or go shopping. . You never heard that somewhere. But yes. These few weeks, we have not many clients. So while waiting for our clients, we do what we want to do. We are allowed to do that. Our massage salon is in the city. Walking distant to a shopping mall and cafes. Of course we can only go to the city when we have no clients for 2 or 3 hours. Besides that, there is a masseuse left and our boss in the shop. I seldom go out when I have no client. I prefer reading or blogging as I mostly bring my tablet with me just in case. Today we had time to have a back massage for ourselves. I back massaged my workmate for 40 minutes and she did that to my back after I have massage her and before she went home. We have to treat ourselves to a massage and mind you, we have also a tense back from working. Last Saturday, my workmate went with me to an ice cafe as it was quiet at work. We had eaten apple strudel with ice cream as you can see in the photo. Then we went back to work and brought some food for our boss and our workmates. It was a lovely day. We were earning a little, but it was still a good day.
That Apple strudel looks really good.
@thelme55 (11777)
Yes, it was so good @Happy2BeMe.
When there's no client for me, I do up my paper work. When bored, I play games, or read, or eat, and mostly, stare idly at the glass, zone out from reality.
@thelme55 (11777)
Zone out from reality is sometimes good for our soul. Especially if we think of a stunning place to travel whenever we can win a huge lottery @Whiteflash
@thelme55 lol. Oh, and the imagination makes those moments so wonderful. That peaceful moment
@thelme55 (11777)
@Whiteflash so true.
That apple strudel looks very, very, tempting.
@thelme55 (11777)
Yes, it was indeed tempting @Kandae11. It was so delicious.
When I taught, I always had something to do. I ate lunch at my desk every day so that I could work. I never made it out of the school building during the school day.
@thelme55 (11777)
I was never out of the school building either during my school days @Corbin5. I was lazy roaming around outside the room.
It's good that you can have a massage from one of your colleagues. The strudel in your photo looks delicious. If I had apple at home I would make one.
@thelme55 (11777)
Yes, that was good @LadyDuck. If you have made one, post it here. I would love to know how you will make it. Thanks.
@thelme55 I make strudel time by time, it's not very difficult, except the dough, it must be rolled very thin. This is an Apple and Rhubarb strudel I made this Spring.
@thelme55 (11777)
@LadyDuck Yummy! This appletrudel with rhubarb reminded me of my late parents in law. They usually served this when we visited them.
@dodoazo (11112)
Cleaning our family van service, watching movies in the cable, reading the scriptures or taking a nap are most of time spent when I have nothing to do.
@thelme55 (11777)
Good time to spend with these things @dodoazo. Enjoy your Sunday.
@dodoazo (11112)
@thelme55 Good morning, today is Sunday. We'll be going to the Church as a family.
@thelme55 (11777)
@dodoazo that is good. How was the Church?
I do not go to a job because I am self-employed. I go to a place where I sell my products. When there are no customers or quiet I read or talk to people that come in or the secretary.
@thelme55 (11777)
To be a boss yourself is good. You can do whatever you want @Hannihar
@thelme55 Thelma, there are good and bad sides to it, but, on the whole I finally made it to being my own boss. When I sell I have to answer to people that do not care at all about me or if I make sales so I am worried when I go back that it will not be good for me. Also having to figure out where to go to find more things to do is also hard.
@YrNemo (8474)
We have had stretches like that and we just walk around, doing nothing but chatting or playing PC games. It is weird...
@thelme55 (11777)
Yes, it is weird but I see the positive side of it. I can blog or write something in my tablet @YrNemo.
@YrNemo (8474)
@peachpurple (11016)
Wah, enjoy life eh?
@thelme55 (11777)
Yes, enjoy life @peachpurple. You should, too
@peachpurple (11016)
@thelme55 i try to but lots of pressure here
@wongchoiyee (6574)
I go out and eat KFC. That is how I relax when I got time.
@thelme55 (11777)
Yummy! I love KFC fried chicken.
@prashu228 (22856)
I chat and eat any snacks available
@thelme55 (11777)
That is good @prashu228.
Awesome place to work! and that food is beautiful.
@thelme55 (11777)
Yes, it is @andriaperry. Apple strudel is indeed delicious.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
There is never a time at work where there is nothing for me to do.
@thelme55 (11777)
That is good @thislittlepennyearns as you don't feel bored then.
@kobesbuddy (19515)
• East Tawas, Michigan
My job was crazy busy, barely enough time to even eat lunch!
@thelme55 (11777)
I see @ @kobbesbuddy. Then, your time flies so fast.
@kobesbuddy (19515)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@thelme55 I'm retired, so now, time has slowed down a lot.
@thelme55 (11777)
@kobesbuddy I know what you meant. My hubby slowed down too after his retirement
@kavinitu (869)
In free time I read as well as watch news on mobile.
@thelme55 (11777)
That's good. I do that most of the time I have free @kavinitu. Thanks.
@riverwild (917)
I've never had a job where there was nothing to do
@thelme55 (11777)
That's a good @riverwild. Then, you didn't feel bored.
@acelawrites (10750)
That's a nice job where you can do the things you wanted to do when there are no clients. It's good each one of you can have massage to keep you going.
@thelme55 (11777)
Yes, it is indeed @acelawrites. Never had a job like this before where we can do whatever we want to when we don't have clients. The disadvantage is, we don't earn if we have no clients.
@ebanreb (4747)
You need to be productive in your work. because you are paid by your employer for the whole day. Give what is due to your employer.
@thelme55 (11777)
Nope, we are NOT paid for the whole day. We are only paid for the clients we have massaged. So that is why it is only a mini job @ebanreb. This is the first time I am working with a Thai owner and it seems Thai law is applied here. Bad job for those who really need to pay their rent and so on.
@ebanreb (4747)
@thelme55 I guess since sometimes you dont have any client why not look for another work or try to resign and have a nicer and stable job.
@thelme55 (11777)
@ebanreb No, I will not because you see, I am not always in Germany and I donĀ“t want to pay tax as the pension of my hubby will be decreased if I work full time. I am reaching my senior life and I just enjoy what life has to offer me. How about you? Do you work full time?