The Church That I Photo Yesterday

@ilocosboy (37103)
So I was in Vigan city yesterday because of sime important matter. One of the best thing of my itinerary is after my assignment. I went to one of the famous churches of Ilocos Sur, the famous Bantay church of the said town. The belfry is detatched from the church and located around 20 meters away. It was fascinating the church was repainted to color purple and white. I think the color combination is good thst it become more beautiful. I also took the photo of belfry and will post in another discussion. What is the famous church in your place?
Wow, that is beautiful. I suppose the inside is already of modern design. All the churches here in our province are old, big and made of stones. Although the one in Legazpi City is already a modern church with screen monitors to display what we have to respond. And it has two very large ceiling fans- all from the donations of the rich parishioners. But the most famous one is the Daraga church on top of the hill where you can see Myon Volcano and the view of the place. So breathtaking, when you are there. Here's a sample of the old pictures I have taken there.
@ilocosboy (37103)
Someday I'll see that church and that mayor volcano. My blood runs Bicol because of my mother so I will be there someday. The church I photo is one of the pilgrimage church of Ilocos Sur. There are 11 churches belong considered as pilgrimage and one UNESCO Heritage site.
The church looks very white.
@ilocosboy Someday, I will also visit those pilgrimage churches in the Philippines, together with my husband and our daughter. Yes, you have to come to Bicol and see the nice landmarks here, where your mother came from. What particular place here did your mother came from?
@silvermist (20116)
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/28/St._Joseph%27s_Cathedral%2C_Trivandrum_44.jpg
That is a good photo of the church.Here we have many famous churches near us.Here is one.(photo from wikipedia/commons)It is the St.Joseph's Cathedral,Trivandrum.
@ilocosboy (37103)
Oh wow, that is majestic and very beautiful church. I just it when we share the photos of our place, explore below and you will see another photo.
Nice ornate church.
@silvermist (20116)
@ilocosboy Yes,I did see the photo.A very majestic looking church.The one I posted is near my Library.
@ridingbet (59368)
beautiful facade of the church.
@ilocosboy (37103)
Yeah, I got it right, it was bright that afternoon but it turn out the background seems dark, maybe because of the blue sky.
@ridingbet (59368)
@ilocosboy good thing the church is not damaged when typhoons strike your place.
@ilocosboy (37103)
I think old churches are sturdy, only the earthquake can damage them. This one is located in our town's neighbor, the Santa Maria church.
There is no famous church in the LA area. Your church is handsome looking.
@ilocosboy (37103)
One church in our province is at UNESCO World Heritage Site.
I have been to VIgan before and it was three years ago I think. I think there was a church were I bought a cross, but I'm not sure if it's this one.
@ilocosboy (37103)
before entering the welcome arc of Vigan City you will see in the east side the church of Bantay, which is the church in the photo. Its famous because the belfry was about 20 meters away from the church.
@Ithink (10500)
That is gorgeous! We don't have anything like that in our town. I'm not even sure we have anything like that in the city above us! Wish we did thou.
@ilocosboy (37103)
We have so many churches here
@Ithink (10500)
@ilocosboy We have some just not famous or well known or pretty like this. Ours is basically square brick buildings.
@ilocosboy (37103)
These churches are usually in baroque and some are bricks in wall and many also have detached belltower
@peachpurple (12770)
wow, awesome, I thought that was a palace, but it looks like dark brown and white
@ilocosboy (37103)
It looks like a palace indeed. Browse down the comments and you will see more photos from our mylotters.
@peachpurple (12770)
@ilocosboy awesome , those contractors are good at buildings
@ilocosboy (37103)
The church was was built 400 years ago
@YrNemo (14703)
But that purple color would likely to be faded fast, wouldn't it?
@ilocosboy (37103)
Oh, that I don't know, maybe it would be fading faster but I hope they have another budget for repainting because it looks beautiful in that color.
@YrNemo (14703)
@ilocosboy yes, it is a beautiful church.
@cttolledo (5054)
nice photo of the church! i hope to visit vigan again
@ilocosboy (37103)
this is the church before you enter Vigan City.
@kepweng (18537)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
nice what year this church build?
@ilocosboy (37103)
I really don't know but is should be at 400 years old
@prashu228 (25504)
That's interesting, no idea about any famous church here
@ilocosboy (37103)
The famous building in countey is Taj Mahal but of courseit is not a church.