Simple Solutions

Marion, Kansas
Just a picture at Marion County Lake. I am thankful to have such beauty nearby. I did not feel well last night. There are problems with both of my legs, and my stomach was miserable last night. Thankfully I feel somewhat better this morning. I would call in sick today, but I have things with me that need to go in to work, so that would make a hardship for all. I am not really that sick, either. My simple solution is to wear some of my favorite clothes. I am wearing sandals that make the problems with my legs feel better. I took a nice long shower and feel that I am looking my best. My simple solution, since I am not running a fever and I am not contagious is to pretend like I feel okay. I will go in to work and be glad to have a job. You guys make me smile. You make me feel better, too. I will probably leave for work a little early. A little reverse psychology. I want to be ahead of the game so to speak. I may go the long way and drive by the lake. That is not to say that if we have students absent I will take a day off with pay myself. Now it is time to respond to your comments on the other posts I have up. What do you do if you are not sick, but not feeling at the top of your game? I have often tended to use this approach of opposite attitude. I am going to act as if I am on top of the world.
It's since last Thursday that I am not at the top, even if not too sick. I am pretending everything is fine and I hope I will be fine soon.
• Marion, Kansas
I hope you get to feeling better soon. Get lots of rest.
@GardenGerty I feel fine today, almost perfect.
• Marion, Kansas
@LadyDuck I am so glad.
@BarBaraPrz (19023)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
I do something mindless, like a jigsaw puzzle or solitaire, or I'll take a nap.
• Marion, Kansas
If I were to stay home, I might sleep or something calm and relaxing.
@Jill_H (148)
I will go to bed. When I am asleep, I feel nothing bad. After enough sleep, everything goes well.
• Marion, Kansas
Extra sleep would have made me feel better.
@Dena91 (4069)
I'm glad you're not too sick this morning. I do as you, make apositive spin on the situation. Have a blessed day
• Marion, Kansas
And at the end of the day, I feel much better.
@PainsOnSlate (19901)
I hope you have a great day and feel better tomorrow. I guess I'm lucky, rarely sick and always feeling good. I do go to the Y every day to keep myself in shape and that helps me be healthy. Thinking of Kansas today, my back yard is green, like it was in Kansas all those years I missed the fall colors. Looks like Global Warming has taken the fall colors from us up north. A friend of mine from Kansas send photos she took in Vermont last week - a fall color trip and there were very little colors in her photos.
• Marion, Kansas
We have a little color here in Kansas, but not a lot. We do not even have any coolness. We have not turned on the heat yet. I was over tired and possibly stressed from everything I did Monday and then from different kids having problems Tuesday and Wednesday. Or maybe even a virus. I am much better now. The shoes helped my legs, too.
@GardenGerty glad you are feeling better.
@silvermist (18041)
I remember the quote by Dale Carnegie.''Act as if you were already happy and that will tend to make you happy.” Have a great day.
• Marion, Kansas
Exactly right. I feel much better now, after work, than I did when I left this morning.
@dodoazo (16125)
Not feeling well but not sick indeed is to pretend that all is well. Thus making anyone in the house not to worry. But if it's unbearable, take rest and drink fruit juice.
• Marion, Kansas
My husband knows I am not feeling too well, but that is alright. I went to work and feel a whole lot better.
@peachpurple (12195)
Oh so sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well, do visit the doctor. When I am not feeling well, I need my bolster and pillow to comfort myself
• Marion, Kansas
I am not really sick enough to see the doctor, and I just had a good check up on Monday. I would certainly have loved some more sleep though.
@peachpurple (12195)
@GardenGerty yup, some good time of sleeping should get u up and better, rest well
• Marion, Kansas
@peachpurple Sleep is an excellent cure for many ailments.
Your pix beautiful! I'm sorry you don't feel well, but hope you do real soon. When I get ill, I'm bed ridden and on antibiotics. I have a difficult time pretending I'm well. I did that last New Year's Eve, and wound up making myself more ill.
• Marion, Kansas
Oh, I almost never get that sick. I am more likely to have muscle problems, etc.
@GardenGerty Oh, that's a lot better! lol
@Deepizzaguy (10416)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I try to focus on writing good things and not dwell on negative comments from my haters.
• Marion, Kansas
I do not think I have any haters, but I do try to be positive.
@Deepizzaguy (10416)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@GardenGerty I just laugh at people on Youtube who use profanity to insult me. I just tell them "Very funny" and block them.
@m_audrey6788 (13827)
The place is superb!
• Marion, Kansas
Yes it is. I drove by this afternoon on my way home from work.
@GardenGerty I love to relax in that kind of place
@sueznewz2 (9633)
• Alicante, Spain
Ibhope it worked and you feel better ... I am rarely ill.. but if I am like you I try and stay positive and use some reverse psychology...
• Marion, Kansas
Oh I was much better by the end of the day. I have so many aches and pains that it just would not do to make a big deal about them.
@kepweng (9279)
nice photo do you swim in that river or lakes?
• Marion, Kansas
It is designed to swim in, or boat or fish, but this year it had "blue green algae" and was not really healthy to swim in. There is a lake about a half hour from us in a different direction that does not have this problem.
It is great !You were out of sorts,however you thought nothing of it.Keeping spirits up tends to make us feel better .
• Marion, Kansas
We tend to become what we think about. I ended up with a good day.
You are a great soldier Heather to keep going. I hope by now you are feeling a little better or at least resting. When not feeling well, I just keep going is all.
• Marion, Kansas
For me it mostly helps to keep going, I think.
I just carry on if I am not feeling that well. As the day goes by, I usually feel better if I keep on going.
• Marion, Kansas
Yes, it tends to work out that way.
I am with you this morning I do not feel good but I am not sick, I will do as I do everyday, get up and go anyways. Tony coughed all night and I woke 100 times, I am sure he will be a basket of sunshine today with little sleep.
• Marion, Kansas
What can you do for his cough? Hubby likes Fishermen's Friend cough drops.
That is a good way of dealing with 'off' days. A positive attitude goes a long way to making us feel better.
• Marion, Kansas
This is much how I have always done. It was a good day at work and I am fixing supper and drinking a nice cup of coffee. I am glad I got up and got going.
@LeaPea2417 (18490)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I do hope you feel better soon.
• Marion, Kansas
I do feel better, and now it is the weekend.
@LeaPea2417 (18490)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@GardenGerty That's good, enjoy your weekend.