Here We Go Again! A Day Of Change Ahead.

Yesterday I made a decision concerning changing phones again in less than 2 months. The original phone was giving problems and I am not one to pay a lot for phones so I replaced it with another cheap one. After about a month and a half that phone has proven to be less than satisfactory so reluctantly I replaced it. Considering the problems of the past phone I went with spending more. Now I have a Samsung. Last night I got it switched over and can honestly say it is functioning very well. If it continues to do well @Susan2015 will be getting the same phone as hers (like the original one I had) does not want to stay charged for as long as it should. Rather than have a signal problem (what happened with the 1st replacement) due to software, I will replace hers with a Samsung which has not had the problem from the beginning. How do you chose a cell phone? Today also is a day that I plan to focus on responding to others and cleaning my office. I have to get some things done because tomorrow will be another trip to help my brother-in-law.
@FourWalls (13739)
I had the Android platform once...crashed all the time. I couldn't wait for my contract to expire so I could get an iPhone.
@FourWalls My service is luckily not a 'contract' service so I can change any time. That said, I've not had problems with android but have had problems with phone interfacing with towers, apps and internet.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@Berniezeitler prepaid is the way to go
@topffer (34149)
• France
I have a Chinese Huawei, and I am satisfied with it : good GPS and cheaper than Samsung, but to tell the truth I bought it because the offer was very cheap for a 4G phone. The daughter of a couple of friends told me that she bought also a Huawei Honor when she realized that they can hardly be found in second hand shops because people were keeping them. Not a bad reasoning, Huawei electronics is used by 2 mobile providers in their towers in France and reputed to be durable.
@alberello75 (17514)
• Genova, Italy
As a brand cell phone, I like you, I prefer Samsung. I currently own a Samsung J5, but I'm going to replace it in December. I bought it on March 2016. Now it is very slow cause continuous software update.
@alberello75 Samsung slows over long term because of updates but over all I think I've finally gotten a good replacement with my J3 Luna Pro.
@alberello75 (17514)
• Genova, Italy
@Berniezeitler Yes, you right. But what is LUNA PRO? A brand of mobile phone?
@alberello75 Yes. It Is Specific to Walmart Family Mobile.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I have never had luck with Samsung.
@thislittlepennyearns I guess it depends on the day the phone was made. I've never had a serious problem with them until they basically went bad due to use.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@Berniezeitler I had the galaxy 3 and several other Samsung's before it. They aren't well made in my experience. Plus are receiving the phone exploding thing they had last year I won't ever buy another.
@thislittlepennyearns Sadly only Samsung has gotten the exploding battery tied to it. I know people who had other brands that also explode. SO one model with the problem doesn't bother me too much.
@UncleJoe (9943)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I always pick out the worst phone which is often disguised as the BEST phone. Mine is an LG Android but I don't know what that means.
I have an Apple iPhone, for five years, and that phone has never given me one bit of trouble. I will hang onto it until it works no longer.
@m_audrey6788 (13622)
I`m not a choosy person when it comes to mobiles but I choose a good quality like iPhone S6 or Samsung S5 Edge?
@m_audrey6788 HMM. Not choosy but sticking to name brands?
@Berniezeitler Not because of the brand but I got a lot of friends have mobiles with that brands and happy with the features
I'm glad the new phone is working better. I have a gov. phone. Even though I rarely use it, it needs charging every couple days. It also says I'm out of data, which makes no sense to me, as I rarely use the data. Looks like I won't be using it at all, if it uses it even with wi-fi enabled.
We have had our Samsung smart phone for three years now and it works great.
@Elizaby (3658)
• Pensacola, Florida
Mine is not the best but will have to do fro now.