Gnome Home Needs a Bit of Tweaking

My husband decided to keep the stump left behind from a fir tree that needed to be removed from one of our gardens. The home for gnomes is shaping up. The solar gnomes tower above the gnome home, and they do light up at night. The sidewalk leading to the front door needs a bit of straightening, and we might add a few more items that will make for a very well-appointed home for gnomes. I did learn that the enemies of gnomes are trolls, cats, and goblins. Goblins resemble gnomes so keeping goblins away from the gnome home may be a bit tricky.
Such a cute idea! Hopefully, when it is finished, you will show a picture! Onux has volunteered to be the cat in the enemies of the gnome! Between you and me he would be friends with them when he saw them as he is a friendly kitty cat at heart. He would nap all day as he does here probably!
Oh yes, I forgot about Onyx. Yes, he would be after those gnomes. I think he would be friends with the gnomes too. I do think we may install a picket fence around the gnome home to keep the gnomes a bit safer from enemies. Perhaps an alarm system like ADT.
@Corbin5 that would be a perfect idea to add a picket fence. Hope it keeps them away from those trolls, i hear they can be nasty! Onyx would love your gnomes. He can't help but have a good heart! He would also be company for Molly! ADT sounds good! i have a different company for an alarm, but any will work to keep them safe
Oh that is no fun.You got to have goblins.
Well, we will guard against goblins to save the gnomes, but it will be hard to do. I think the gnome home needs a fence around it.
@Corbin5 maybe or do you think it is too much?
Maybe a few plastic reindeer and a sleigh could be added to the "lawn" area in another month, a rabbit next spring.......endless possibilities.
It's adorable!!!! It looks so fairy-like and magical to me.
Thank you. We plan to add a few extra things the gnomes have requested. The gnomes said they need a wishing well, a garden bench, and a mailbox, so off to Hobby Lobby we will go. Oh, a picket fence was mentioned too.
@Corbin5 Those gnomes certainly make demands, but every home needs to be beautiful and admired.
That is so super cute! Oh I can see how this can potentially can turn into a gnome village!
Yes, I saw that Hobby Lobby has little mailboxes, benches, wishing wells and more that are just right for the gnome home. We are having fun with it.
@Corbin5 Ohhhhh, Hobby Lobby has tons of stuff . . . it's a dangerous place !
@much2say I know!! Those sales there get me to load up my cart!
@responsiveme (16336)
Looks magical..Are the in-house gnomes notsolar ones?
The solar ones are the gnomes that are attached to the tall metal poles. The solar component is at the bottom of the pole.
@Corbin5 oh..Ok.The in house ones are inviting them in? Does the solar component take in the sunlight energy and make the gnomes glow in the night?
@responsiveme Yes, and I was surprised that last night the solar gnomes were very bright.
It is so adorable!!
It is fun to mess with it and think of what else to add. I think kids walking by will enjoy it.
@Corbin5 I think they will love it too!
That is so cute! I hope you can keep the goblins away. I understand they'll be out in great numbers in a few days.
I am worried about the goblins, and I will do some research to determine how to keep them away. I also need to find out exactly what goblins look like.
@Corbin5 Knowing what they look like is very important.
So cute the way it is!
Thank you, my friend. People do stop and take a look when they walk by.
@Corbin5 i would too!
What fun! That looks really great - I love it.
I am so glad you like it. We are having so much fun adding to the gnome home.
If it was me I would put them all around the gnomes home. Trolls, cats and goblins trying to get in.
Yes, I do have a mini black cat that I can put out there now. I do hope the gnomes do not fear that black cat I place in the gnome-home area.
Do I ever like this, what a great imagination you both have!
Oh, thank you. The solar gnomes were bright last night, and they really looked cute out there.
@1hopefulman (28551)
It may no be so fancy but it looks like they have found a home.
Yes, all the gnomes seem to feel comfortable in the home. Apparently, gnomes like rustic decor.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
That looks so magical! Hi there, to all the gnomes :) ! Watch out for those goblins!
I am concerned about those who wish to harm gnomes, but I think our gnomes will be OK.
@Chantiele (440)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
That is really an amazing idea. I love the image you have shared of it, it looks so unique.
Thank you. We have had a lot of fun creating the gnome home.
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
How cute! We live in an apartment complex so unfortunately I can't be quite as creative. I was thinking of getting a flower pot and setting up a mini fairy garden though.
Yes, there is a lady on YouTube who uses flower pots to create fairy gardens.
@louievill (18674)
They should have some kind of National system I.D. it's sad to hear that there are also terrorists in their world
I know. Who knew that gnomes have to be on guard against those who wish to do them harm.
Oh I love it!!! Are you getting to like it too Deborah?
I really do like it. People stop to take a look when they are out walking. The gnomes now have a little pumpkin of their own for Halloween.
@Corbin5 How adorable a pumpkin for Halloween! will the gnomes be at their new home for the winter or do the gnomes go south for the winter? If they stay will they let you pick out a Christmas tree for the holidays? Will they have other decorations for the holidays?
@Marty1 I think we will add a Christmas tree and help the gnomes celebrate all the holidays.
• Pamplona, Spain
When it lights up at night that must be really pretty to look at how lovely. I would love to have one of those too. He has done that really well love it.
He really did do a good job, which is quite unusual for him. I do love the solar gnomes that light up the night.
• Pamplona, Spain
@Corbin5 Really comforting like those night lights we used to have as children.
@DeborahDiane (21675)
• Laguna Woods, California
@Corbin5 - I love your gnome home! It is so cute!
Oh, thank you so much. We are having fun with it. A little pumpkin is in the front of the gnome home for Halloween.
• Laguna Woods, California
@Corbin5 - Awww! That is such a cute idea. Will there be a Christmas tree later this year, too? LOL
@DeborahDiane Oh yes, a Christmas tree for sure. A flag for the 4th of July, and a little bunny for Easter. Perhaps a little turkey for Thanksgiving.
@kobesbuddy (46687)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Yes, of course! And then those darn elves at Christmas time, you'll need a security system for your gnome home. And maybe a pit-bull tied out, to keep them safe:)
I bet those elves will be a bother when Christmas rolls around. I like the idea of a pit-bull to scare off those who wish to do them harm.
@kobesbuddy (46687)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Corbin5 I loved my pit-bull, he was adorable and sweet:(