people of costa

I'm cradling my skinny latte {to take-away, not to-go} in Costa, as I await a more suitable time to walk down the road to meet Toddler Niece. It's terribly busy for this time of day. Who are these people? I'm curious. Seemingly a family, a collection of six adults and two children. Shouldn't they be heading to school? Oh no, is it a Teacher Training Day? But I digress. They are smartly dressed, but not really in attire suitable for a wedding. Maybe they're going to court; there's a Magistrates Court around the corner. But they don't look particularly worried. Are they visiting a photography studio so they can have a family snapshot? They have gone now. I will never know what the day held in store for them. A smartly dressed older couple have just walked in. It's not Sunday is it? Graduation Day? What am I missing?? At least the group of women over there are a constant. Always here on a Friday morning, they sit and gossip before their day of retail shenanigans begins. I wonder if they're here every morning, or if Friday is the only day of the week they come. Today they are all wrapped in coats and look chilly, even though it feels quite warm. Now they're all looking quite miserable; obviously they are not partaking in a jovial conversation on this rather damp day. Oh, what a pretty coat. I'm not sure it goes with those blue trainers love, but each to their own. Who am I to comment on quirky styles? Honestly, I'm forty-something going on eighteen, going on sixty when it comes to fashion. If I likey, I weary. I must go now. People to see, things to do, a grumpy old woman to cheer up and a Toddler Niece to spy buses with. Happy Day!
@xFiacre (4459)
@poppylicious You really ought to have followed that family to discover what their story was. I would have.
It transpired it was Graduation Day for the old polytechnic. Mystery solved.
@xFiacre (4459)
@Poppylicious Ah, the Poly.
People watching can give you ideas for stories.
Definitely. I love people-watching so much. If I could list it as a hobby I would do, but it seems that some unimaginative people would find that a little odd.
Lawyers are usually elegant here, also those who work in the Banks. I wear what I like, but no more too young looking things to go out, I am over sixty. I still wear if I stay at home, it's a shame to throw old clothing.
@peachpurple (12875)
Hope that you can cheery up the old woman and have a nice day
Myself and Toddler Niece just ignored her when she became vitriolic and too grumpy. I shan't let her {she's my Mother-in-Law} drag me down.
@peachpurple (12875)
@Poppylicious wow you are brave! My mother in law doesn't accept being ignored, she will complain to all her 9 children about it and get them to "discipline" me,
@peachpurple Yikes! We're expecting some fall out from a decision we made about a decision she made without asking us what we thought. *sigh*
@pgntwo (21658)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
I used to do that, now and then. I must take it up again, it is fun.
Cheer up grumpy old women?! ;)
@pgntwo (21658)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@Poppylicious Ah, if only. No, people-watching - such a pleasant, and harmless, pastime, for the most part.
@pgntwo It is fascinating. David Attenborough should narrate a piece about ordinary folk going about their natural lives ... I would definitely watch that.