Once Again It's Time For Blood Work

Happy Friday Everyone! I'm off to get my blood work done and I can't believe that it's been 3 months already. I'm really hoping that my numbers improve as I did try very hard these past months to make changes. My doctor appointment isn't until next week but this is the only day I have that I can go. Since it's all fasting blood work I can't even have my coffee and I'm already feeling the effects. My coffee pot is sitting there empty wondering why I've neglected it this morning. I tried to explain that I can't have any coffee until I come home but I don't know if it understood. It looks so sad I really didn't want to hurt it's feelings but I plan on stopping at Dunkin Donuts on my way home and getting a nice large cup of coffee. I haven't treated myself to a DD coffee in a long time so I think I'm due. I'll have to bypass the donuts but if I go through the drive-thru I won't be tempted looking at those delicious donuts in the case. The weather is gorgeous, the sun is shining and maybe I'll take a short ride while I'm out to see if the trees have changed color. From what I can see from my windows everything still looks pretty green with only hints of orange. Anyway, hope you all have a good day and I'll be back here later to see what's going on.
@UncleJoe (8099)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I have blood-work done weekly. Evidently my doctor thinks I have too much.
@vandana7 (57187)
My dad too has too much sugar, whereas I don't as yet. But it is a bit scary thinking about diabetes. Hope you can keep it under control. Hugs..
@UncleJoe (8099)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@vandana7 I meant my doctors think I have too much BLOOD.
@vandana7 (57187)
@UncleJoe .. Is there a condition like that? Blink...and anyway...you don't look well fed like me.
@PainsOnSlate (19021)
I talk to my coffee pot too,We don't have Dunken but we do have Tim Horton's, My backyard is usually wild with color but not this year, just green and a bit of yellow, It must be Global Warming...
Tim Hortons is not near us but my granddaughter found one at a stadium she was at with her marching band. I think they are similar to Dunkin?
@Marilynda1225 Tim is Canada's Dunkin! I was surprised to see them in the US now but its there right across the border.
I hope that your get good results from your blood work. I have to have mine done in December. Enjoy your DD coffee! It will taste so good after going without this morning. I hope your coffee pot won't be too mad at you!! Enjoy your day!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good results as I don't want to take any more medication. I've been working hard at making changes and am encouraged by you with your daily walks and your road to healthy after your heart problems
@Marilynda1225 I am glad that I can serve as a inspiration.
I hope your bloodwork comes out within normal limits and your coffee hit the spot. I like DD coffee much better than Starbucks. We still have lots of green around, but a few pretty accent trees of orange, red, and yellow. I wish it could stay like this until we leave for FL.
I never could fathom spending as much as it costs for a cup of coffee in Starbucks. But luckily i do not drink coffee so don't have to worry about prices! Starbucks even had a drive-through restaurant in my doctor's parking lot if you can believe that?!
@Marty1 Wow! I drink tea there.
@DianneN I didn't know they serve tea? i have never been in one but have heard from others about it. Do they serve warm tea or iced tea? i only drink iced tea as i hate all hot drinks
My blood tests were in September for an October 3 appointment; I have to get them again before the middle of April as i have to go sometime in April. i forget the day but have it on my calendar! I hope you get great results from your blood tests!
I don't mind the blood tests but today they had trouble getting the blood from my veins so tomorrow i'm sure my arm will be all black and blue. Hope you get good results from yours too
@Marilynda1225 I switched blood labs, and it is much easier. The old place i used to go, the girl sent me home numerous times to come back another day because she could not get the blood out. I went to the new place twice, and the lady got it out on first try each time i went.The old place would try four places on me and send me home which caused great anxiety
Here's hoping all went well with today's appointment for you! The coffee will taste that much better later on . We are still in summer/autumn mode . . . the mornings are very autumn-ish, but later it gets like summer!
Same here..the evenings and nights are getting colder but the days are still on the warm side. Not too hot but no need for a hoodie or sweater either. I'd be happy if it stayed like this all year
@Marilynda1225 Yes, this would be perfect all year 'round - I could live with that!
@BigTalpha (101)
Don't even mention blood work to me I have to get it every time I go to a doctor and I can't stand it. It's not that I'm scared of needles it just gets old.
Getting blood work done is no fun. It's just a pain
@Marilynda1225 I hate with a passion.
yes a good report on your blood work.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed things come out better than last time
@Marilynda1225 there you go.Positive thinking there
@dodo19 (27759)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Hopefully, your blood work goes well. It's not always easy, when you have to wait to eat or drink, due to blood test.
I had to fast for 12 hours so I didn't go for the blood work early so by the time I was done I was craving my coffee and of course something to eat
@dodo19 (27759)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@Marilynda1225 I can imagine. I'm sure you were feeling better, once you had your coffee and something to eat.
Good luck for your blood work, I hope your numbers have improved. This morning has been the first real day of Autumn, humid, cold, foggy.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed things come out better than last time. We had a few hints of Autumn but it's still warm during the day. No need for a sweater
@Marilynda1225 I went out at 7 AM this morning and I needed a warm sweater.
@HazySue (16686)
Good luck with your blood test. If I didn't make coffee first thing in the morning my coffee pot would think I had lost my little mind. I usually take a cup of coffee with me and drink it after the test. I bought one of those cups that keep drinks warm for 8 hours. Believe it or not, it actually does work.
I had one of those mugs when I worked and would take it with me to work and sip it all morning and yes it did stay warm for hours. Usually I come right home after having the blood work done but today I felt like just getting a coffee and spending some time outside while the weather is still so nice
@HazySue (16686)
@Marilynda1225 it's nice to get out for a while when the weather is nice. I hope you enjoyed your Duncan Donuts coffee. I love it.
I hope your numbers are good. I should be getting bloodwork too..but last year, they told me it would be covered with the cost of my office visit..and then it wasn'T! I have been mad about that ever since. I will roll the dice like I usually do.
Thats horrible that your blood work wasn't covered and it can be very expensive. I have to have mine done every 3 mos to regulate my thyroid medication as well as other medications I take.
@Marilynda1225 Yes,,,I know. So of course they want me to do it again! I'll do it as long as I get a written statement I am not going to be charged for it.
@peachpurple (9838)
what is blood work? Donation??
It's when you go to the doctor and they take blood to do tests to see if you need adjustments in medications. Not blood donation.
@Marilynda1225 oh blood checkup, that is what we call it here..
@JustBhem (20756)
• Davao, Philippines
And I need blood. I will have my blood transfusion next week. That Dunkin Donut is making me drool.
How long does it take to have a blood transfusion? Is it painful?
@JustBhem (20756)
• Davao, Philippines
@Marilynda1225 Sometimes it takes an hour and a half depending on the drops of the blood that the Doctor will be given me. And it is not painful.
A smart move on your part to go through the drive-through for that cup of DD coffee!! I am very fond of doughnuts, but have not had one in years.
I haven't had a donut in a long time either and I didn't want to be tempted. The drive-thru is a blessing and I got my coffee quickly and it was delicious
Mmmm! I love Dunkin donuts coffee too. good idea ride around and check out things. Have a wonderful day!
I got my coffee and took a short ride around but nothing much is changing color yet. I enjoyed my coffee and time away from the house. I feel as if I've been cooped up way too long
I hope the blood work gets done fast for you and goes okay. Enjoy that coffee from DD! =)
Everything was done fairly fast and my coffee was delicious.
@Chellezhere (1144)
My coffee maker can empathize wholeheartedly, as it sits atop the refrigerator, wondering why I continue to drink all that tea.
Your poor coffee pot is probably very jealous
• Boston, Massachusetts
Good luck with your blood work, and send your coffee pot my love! I'm sure it understands your need to treat yourself with some DD ;)
I hope my coffee pot makes me nice coffee tomorrow morning and doesn't hold a grudge
I am not a fan of dunkin donuts coffee but omg are their fresh donuts amazing!