Texter Trying To Scam Us

@ilocosboy (34320)
"Congratulations you win P450,000 (around $9,000) and a brand new laptop in our raffle draw." Said the text. Say what...I win big bucks of money. That is very alluring and seductive and tempting text for you to read. Then again, think think and think. Where did I participated raffle? Nothing. And hiw the hell I win? Its a scam. So, we tried to ride the scammer as if we're interested. We texted back. As expected a man called us and with his convincing voice asking us how he should send the money. The move is as expected THAT WE SHOULD SEND AN AMOUNT OF MONEY FOR PROCESSING. "You are scammer?" We asked. And the was cut off!
@YrNemo (11747)
You are too smart for them.
@ilocosboy (34320)
sometimes we need to ride them so that we can also play them, its only them playing us. These people are just to smart to convince people and how sad there are many people they can victimized. The harder part is that they are hard to identify.
@YrNemo (11747)
@Shortail (862)
I also got message form wowowin and gma 7, lol, and they said I should contact the atty. something to claim my price. I sent their numbers to ntc. lol
@ilocosboy (34320)
I think this is the best thing to do, send their numbers to National Telecommunications agency and other agencies that can arrest them. Too bad they are one of the hardest to identify.
@JustBhem (31833)
• Davao, Philippines
Hahaha. I received that kind of scam as well. That is why I change my mobile number. Makes me laugh.
@ilocosboy (34320)
well, I supposed you also ride with their modus operandi, sometimes we need to bad trip them so that they will feel how their victims feel. They're good in preying people, how I wish we can prey them also.
@JustBhem (31833)
• Davao, Philippines
@ilocosboy The boyfriend did the replying. And we are both laughing.
@ilocosboy (34320)
yeah, sometimes we got it for fun now, that is what we did also, we replied then we laugh together. Too bad this scammers still can victimized some people.
@nangayo (2340)
• Nairobi, Kenya
They think they are very smart. Good you found them.
@ilocosboy (34320)
They can never victimized a person who has no money at all huh.
@nangayo (2340)
• Nairobi, Kenya
@ilocosboy There are those who think money comes that easy and they fall in the trap.
@ilocosboy (34320)
That is the reason why there are people still fall as victims
• Havre De Grace, Maryland
If it seems to good to be true it usally is so I wouldnt fall into it
@ilocosboy (34320)
so old school way of scamming but there are people still fall for it.
• Havre De Grace, Maryland
@ilocosboy i have not found a way to make major money on the net without selling or investing
I've received these types of text and I'm surprised that people still do it and people still fall for it. Sometimes, I'm tempted to send a profanity-laden text but then I change my mind and just ignore the text altogether.
@ilocosboy (34320)
yeah, sometimes we are tempted to send them bad words but then again, what else that we can get from them, we are just stress, so the better idea to do is just ignore them.
@ilocosboy true. Plus, i do not want to waste even a single text on them. Not worth it.
@aureliah (14842)
This has been very common where I live. It is a big problem globally
@ilocosboy (34320)
and this scammer can still victimized people
@aureliah (14842)
@ilocosboy Unfortunately that is the case
@hereandthere (29627)
i used to receive them before. there's also the text about sending a balikbayan box and asking for load. yeah, right.
@ilocosboy (34320)
yeah, that balikbayan box modus operandi were also sent to me, I never give them importance.
In the past it was common to receive it. However, such kind of scams are so outdated and probably nobody will be cheated any more
@ilocosboy (34320)
oh no my friend, there are still few people who are victimize by this scammers, that is why they never stop their modus.
@kepweng (13228)
do you join a Contest so you win?
@ilocosboy (34320)
No I'm not so obviously this is scam.
Ah jeez. I hate that these scammers are out there. I am sure some poeple fall for their scams. But I am glad you didnt!
@ilocosboy (34320)
Christmas ia almost here so scammers are alive again taking some of their victims. Let's be alert.
@prashu228 (25820)
Lol..lot if such scams these days..we should be cautious
@ilocosboy (34320)
Especially that in our country the Christmas season is here so lots of people just wanted to make an easy money for their celebration.