Heartbreak In The Family

@fishtiger58 (30572)
Momence, Illinois
My last post was just before my husband and I went to Michigan to see his brother who was very ill with cancer. They gave him 5 to 10 days. We arrived at the hospital to find him unconscious. My husband spent the day just talking to his brother. But he never regained consciousness and passed away a few hours after we got there. It was so sad but we are glad we were there with him at the end. My sister in law was a mess and so my husband and I called all the other brothers and his sister to inform them. Most of them were making plans to get to Michigan. We had to let them know that the arrangements were going to be done the next day and to wait until we knew when that would be. My husbands sister had already bought her plane ticket but was able to change them to arrive at Midway Chicago instead of Detroit. We drove the 5 hours from Detroit to Chicago to pick her up. She is staying with us and we will all make the drive back to Michigan tomorrow for the wake and funeral. It has been a frenzy of activity letting extended family members know of the passing and the details of the arrangements. My sister in law is not functioning well at this time so we took as much of the burden off of her that we could. My brother in law was 70 and he was a kind gentle man and will be greatly missed. My husband has good moments now and then but mostly not so good. He and his brother were very close. I will be back on Tuesday or Wednesday I'm thinking. It just depends on what my husband and his sister want to do. For sure Thursday as we have to get my sister in law back to Midway for her flight back to Oregon. Thanks for all your thoughts, prayers, and condolences. They are much appreciated. I will be back in a few days. Take care everyone.
I'm so sorry, best wishes to you and your family at this sad time.
@fishtiger58 (30572)
• Momence, Illinois
thanks so much and it's good to see you again.
this is not an easy task.so sorry.
@fishtiger58 (30572)
• Momence, Illinois
thanks so much
@fishtiger58 mucho gusto
Very sorry for the loss to your family.
@fishtiger58 (30572)
• Momence, Illinois
thanks so much
So sorry to hear this.
@fishtiger58 (30572)
• Momence, Illinois
thanks so much
I am very sorry, this is a tragic moment. My condolence for you and your family.
@fishtiger58 (30572)
• Momence, Illinois
thanks so much
Very sorry to hear such sad news. Prayers and condolences for your husband and the rest of the family
@fishtiger58 (30572)
• Momence, Illinois
thanks so much
• Olney, Illinois
@fishtiger58 (30572)
• Momence, Illinois
thanks so much
I'm sorry for your loss. I am thankful that you made it there before he passed, I'm sure that will help your husband in the years to come.
@fishtiger58 (30572)
• Momence, Illinois
thanks so much, my husband thanked me for making him get there when we did, he wanted to wait one more day.
@fishtiger58 It struck me that you knew what was best and I'm glad that you acted on it, and your husband will be sooner or later once he's thru his grief.
@fishtiger58 (30572)
• Momence, Illinois
@Juliaacv I am so glad we went the next day, and my sister in law was very thankful we made it before he passed away as well.
Oh, my! I'm so sorry for your family's loss. My deepest and heartfelt sympathy to you and your husband.
@fishtiger58 (30572)
• Momence, Illinois
Thanks Dianne it means the world to us.
My condolences to your husband on the loss of his brother. I'm glad you got there before the end. It must be very hard on your sister-in-law. I hope she has family with her to help her through this time.
@fishtiger58 (30572)
• Momence, Illinois
Thanks so much Valerie, we are glad we made it there in time as well. Yes my sister in law has family in the area and that's a really good thing, she is a mess.
@fishtiger58 I'm sure she is.
My deepest condolences to you and your family.
@fishtiger58 (30572)
• Momence, Illinois
thanks so much
@fishtiger58 I mourn with you and yours over the loss of such a fine man. You are all in my prayers,
@fishtiger58 (30572)
• Momence, Illinois
Thanks so very much.
I am so, so sorry. We lost my brother a few weeks' ago and there just seemed to be so much that needed attention when all we wanted to do was mourn his loss I'm sure your sister-in-law is very grateful for your help.
@fishtiger58 (30572)
• Momence, Illinois
It's was a tough week all around. Thankfully she has family in the area to help her which gives me peace of mind.
• Portland, Connecticut
I am so sorry for your loss, we dealt with the same things earlier this year and it is not easy. My heart goes out to your husband and your sister in law, this is such a sad thing to happen.
@katsmeow1213 (29023)
So sorry for your loss.
@fishtiger58 (30572)
• Momence, Illinois
thanks so much
@sueznewz2 (9843)
• Alicante, Spain
I'm so sorry to hear your sad news and for your husband and the rest of his family too... but I'm glad you and your husband got there in time... and have been able to help your sister in law... thoughts and prayers for you all at this time...
@fishtiger58 (30572)
• Momence, Illinois
thanks so much we were very glad we made it there before he passed away.
@sjvg1976 (16906)
Oh....That's sad . I am sorry for your loss. Kind and gentle people are always remembered.
@fishtiger58 (30572)
• Momence, Illinois
thanks so much
So sorry for your loss.
@fishtiger58 (30572)
• Momence, Illinois
thanks so much
I am so sorry for this loss suffered by your family. Prayers of comfort coming to all who knew and loved your husband's dear brother.
@fishtiger58 (30572)
• Momence, Illinois
thanks so much.
@Scrapper88 (1341)
Sorry to hear about your loss. The family will be in my prayers.
@fishtiger58 (30572)
• Momence, Illinois
thanks so much