Homeopathic candies for an invalid athlete

@topffer (30598)
France
An old sciatica started to tickle my back and my right leg last week (and indeed it started on Friday the 13th), and I am fighting it with Ibuprofen. It works well for me, and I am feeling better, but it can takes weeks. I went today to my pharmacy to buy a box of Ibuprofen, and the pharmacist recommended me another medication. It is supposed to be used against muscle fatigue and cramps by athletes, but she told me that it was good to cure a sciatica. I am not an athlete, she is not an athlete, but as she seems to know by experience what is a sciatica, I bought a box. It is a homeopathic drug. Although there are only billionth of active elements, the box costs the price of 4 boxes of Ibuprofen. Another proof that what is rare is expensive. I am now sucking a tablet with 18 mg of homeopathic drugs diluted at 3 and 9 CH. It tastes like sugar with an aroma that I do not identify, and it is sugar,there is a warning for people with diabetes. I hope that sugar is not the main active component. As it is recommended during muscular effort, I have a doubt. I have had a few good results with homeopathy, but it looks a bit like wizardry for me. For example, I am looking online, and they do not recommend the same homeopathic drugs if the sciatica is on the right or on the left leg... My pharmacist is gambling with her reputation. I will tell in a few days if this one works, and if yes I will give the name. Have you ever tried some homeopathic drugs ? Did they worked for you ?
I have never tried them, but I have known some people that use them and they say it Works. I like Naproxen for sciatica. Ibuprofen is too mild for my taste. And when pains are too bad, I use Celecobix
@topffer (30598)
• France
To get Naproxen we need a prescription in France, and I need a week to have an appointment with my doctor. Ibuprofen always worked for me, sometimes in less than a week.
@YrNemo (8523)
I am a bit skeptical about this sort of thing, unless my great grandparents and all the relatives have been using it, and swear by it. (My suspicion is, you have wasted your money!)
@YrNemo (8523)
@topffer Didn't sound good did it? You seemed to be chosen by that doctor to be his Guinea Pig - just lucky that it worked in your case, that's all. 9 Euro is nothing for an experiment . I paid 3 to 4 times that for a small bottle of antibiotics (syrup) to fix some dental infection or whatever they call it, just a few days ago. Hurt my pocket (not my tooth, thank be to God!). Take care T, every time I see 90s YO gents with immaculate clothing walking slooooowly on the streets, I always thought of you. (You would be exactly like that 3-4 decades from now .) Of course, whenever I see dignified ladies in their 80s, 90s, walking with a walking frame at my local shopping centre, I thought of other members here and myself in the future... (Perhaps I will die early?)
@YrNemo (8523)
@topffer Funny right? Lots of us used to be healthy and reasonably strong, then after 40, things just change.
@topffer (30598)
• France
@YrNemo And they change quickly. I hope to stay healthy most of the time during many years. I had nothing serious before my stroke.
• Pamplona, Spain
Tried one for colds and flu things they sort of worked. Hope you are feeling so much better now. Could be that homeopathic stuff might work for you.
• Pamplona, Spain
@topffer Since then in England this kind of thing is being kind of put on the back burner. Now they never state how much it can help you except that it might help you. Big changes there towards the public selling.
• Pamplona, Spain
@topffer There must be something in all of that I would say for myself. Otherwise by now it would not exist. An ordinary painkiller works best for me as well.
• Pamplona, Spain
@topffer The colds and flu worked for me though but that was a long time ago.
I hurt my back badly many years ago and it flares up from time to time. A few hours ago I leant forward and my back 'went'. The pain is in my hip and down my right leg so your discussion has me wondering if it is sciatica. I'm off the research it. Hope your tablets work. I'm taking Ibuprofen too but it's not helping much yet.
The waiting for weeks without quick enough relief over two decades ago (sciatica runs in my family, maternal grandfather and great maternal grandmother had it) with my left hip being affected by pain that was radiating from that pinched upper part of the lower back attacking along the entire neural network or so it seemed. I had a bad tumble off the balance beam in junior high followed by a giant tumble off uneven parallel bars in gymnastics so I knew some where down my maturing lane, I would feel pain. I expected arthritic compromisation NOT sciatica BUT as DNA has it, I inherited a bit of that quirky condition in which honestly replenishing the cells that were harmed by strangulation of non-circulation, I eased myself out of pain and into better range of motion. YOGA and Shark Cartilage did the trick and I will never reach for an Ibuprofen for that type of pain relief ever again . . . I hope you can benefit from this @topffer and do get some rest my friend
@topffer (30598)
• France
Thank you for speaking about your experience. I never tried yoga, and I would not have thought at it for a sciatica. I have to check if I can take some lessons in my city.
@topffer if lessons are not offered you can purchase a beginners yoga DVD and do the exercises at home in your spare time without pressure from a class instructor . . . takes the stress level down when you do this by yourself ! Best of luck to ya and stay as pain free as possible dear
@bunnybon7 (33066)
• Holiday, Florida
only my marshmallow root tea, and it worked for my stomach. other then that i have been afraid of most since i have been told some can interfere with doctor recommended ones
@bunnybon7 (33066)
• Holiday, Florida
@topffer i hope it will be okay for you
@kepweng (6349)
i think athletes who Feel pain like these should Retire ASAP
@topffer (30598)
• France
All athletes are feeling pain after a competition.
@Daljinder (19830)
I have but only conventional medicines work on me. So, it was a one-off chance. My cousin though cannot take the conventional medicines. So, she is treated by homoeopathy for every single thing. All those medicines look like same tiny white sugar balls to me. I don't know how that work but it does work for her. So, who am I to stop her from taking treatment the way she prefers?
• Denmark
I know people who swear that homoeopathy is the best way to fight diseases but somehow I 've never taken to it. I prefer conventional medicine.
Love reading about natural ways to heal but never had the nerve to try one. But hope you get some relief from this method
@hereandthere (24128)
are you taking them both, the homeopathy and the ibuprofen, or will you finish the homeopathy first then take the ibuprofen if it doesn't work?
I would be happy to hear if it works. My brother-in-law suffers from arthritic pain in his hips - but he doesn't like using pain killers.