Relaxing Sunday morning... ?

@sueznewz2 (10067)
Alicante, Spain
How do you relax ..  ? and unwind.... ?   I expect  ...   If you're like me, you probably  have several different methods, and it depends on how stressed you are. .. or ..  fed up... and how much time and space you have,  to do something about it... All my  relaxation and de stressing is done by  doing something physical... I like to walk our dog, read , watch tv,  do some colouring, or a bit of jewelry making, or cooking or baking  ... and even ironing....  or.... on here , my lotting lol I think it's  strange,  that to help calm the mind, most of us do something physical, that does not require much thought... it's  just as well most of us can multi task and do two things at once... that way if you're like me ...you can do the physical thing, and... meditate and think about de stressing  or relaxing, or just freewheeling ... which is letting your mind wander wherever it likes... past reminisces, happy ones of course..., or, daydream about  future happy   events. I've  tried being still, and doing yoga / meditation ...  but I can't  seem to relax in the stillness... can you... ? Any way...., I hope you enjoy your sunday. The collage photos are mine ... some of the things I like to do, photography, walking, jewelery making, and colouring ....
@alberello75 (17969)
• Genova, Italy
I am jobless. Not a good situation. It causes me much stress! However, my "work" or call it my favorite pastime, is Mylot! Here I find you, people who are definitely better than my relatives! I often leave the house with my mother. She's the only person that she listens to me. Dear Susan, you have to know that unfortunately I have serious problems!
I am glad @alberello75 that you find some joy in being here.
@alberello75 (17969)
• Genova, Italy
@marlina Yes, I'm glad to be among you, dear friends
Like you my relaxation activities depend on time and space. Since I am a home-body I do love to do things right here at home, baking, cooking, or just sitting outside and relaxing. What kind of a dog is that in your collage, it looks so much like our son's dog, Ellie. I'll try to add her photo, see if you notice a resemblance.
@sueznewz2 (10067)
• Alicante, Spain
yes I have noticed a likeness Julia @Juliaacv our dog had very long hair in that photo .... he is a patterdale terrier ... and is quite a short dog... but he looks quite different now with shorter hair... what breed is Ellie ?
@sueznewz2 Adorable! Ellie is an Aussie Doodle, so part Australian Shepperd and part poodle. Your dog has straighter hair, whereas Ellie (which is short for Eleanor) has the curly hair from the poodle genes.
@sueznewz2 (10067)
• Alicante, Spain
@Juliaacv thanks Julia... that's a nice strong mix in Ellie tooyes our little chap, we call him bosun, as my friend was in the navy for many years... looks quite different with short hair...but we start to let it grow a bit after christmas, for our winter...which is very mild compared to everyone elses, but our summers are very hot ...soo you can still feel a bit chilly sometimes, but he looks cut with long or short hair ...lol
I'm retired. I'm not stressed and don't have to relax. Btw., I don't see any collage photos.
@sueznewz2 (10067)
• Alicante, Spain
No ...so I see..there was a computer glitch...time out... I've posted it again as I did not think it had posted it.... thanks @MALUSE I shall go and take the other one down..
@sueznewz2 Computer glitches with photos seem to be quite common.
@sueznewz2 (10067)
• Alicante, Spain
@MALUSE yes... they do...plus it's a sunday morning ... there are a lot more people using an already weak Internet services ...
Love your collage. I relax in many different ways. Meditation if I am really stressed. Music if I am calm. I also have a medication I can take when I need it to help me relax.
@sueznewz2 (10067)
• Alicante, Spain
I'm glad you have some different ways of relaxing... I'm glad you like the collage...
@sueznewz2 ......Over the years I have had to learn some ways to do so.
@pgntwo (21742)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
A photographer in the snow?
@sueznewz2 (10067)
• Alicante, Spain
anytime ... any weather...but I do love the snow... @pgntwo that particular photo was taken two years ago...
@pgntwo (21742)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@sueznewz2 The whole collage looks really good, very uplifting
I like your photo collage, are those butterfly earrings one of your creation? Very nice. I cannot stand still and relax. I need to do something. Ironing is something I like, but also painting, gardening or baking.
@sueznewz2 (10067)
• Alicante, Spain
Thanks Anna @LadyDuck and yes they are one of my creations....
On weekends! I relax after I am done with the chores that I have to do. And when I relax, I would take a bath first , then i would lay donw in bed while I myLot like now, using my iPad. Or i would play my game on my mobile while in bed.
@sueznewz2 (10067)
• Alicante, Spain
that sounds very relaxing.. @SIMPLYD
I am unable to relax by sitting still or meditating. I am the nervous type.
@sueznewz2 (10067)
• Alicante, Spain
what do you do @marlina ... am I right in thinking you like listening to music
@sueznewz2 I guess you are right on this one. I love classical music.
That's a lovely collage. And I noticed the likeness between Julia's dog and yours. I guess it's the colour and the way their hair falls over their face. They are both lovely looking dogs.
@sueznewz2 (10067)
• Alicante, Spain
thanks judy...
You have a good assortment of activities to de stress. I write or swim.
@sueznewz2 (10067)
• Alicante, Spain
I like to swim... I like coming on here too... but that's as good as it gets as far as writing is concerned ...lol
I found it so quiet here yesterday with the power off. That was my major stressor. And not having light kind of cut down on what I could do physically. At work we do a lot of physical things and it does help both students and staff be calm and do our work. Other helpful things are warm showers or baths and pampering type grooming activity, like using a paraffin bath for my hands or doing my nails.
@sueznewz2 (10067)
• Alicante, Spain
I love a bath or a shower just before I go to bed... sssooo relaxing... lol
I can relax by being still if I am on the laptop otherwise I agree, it is more relaxing to be active.
@ebanreb (6893)
Morning to you my friend. try to re focus and re evaluate yourself. Everything has a purpose why these things are happening.
You do a lot of things to relax. That is good.
@responsiveme (16753)
I love the collage...That pair of earrings look fabulous. I like relaxing with a good meal which us not to be rushed and then a nap, a walk afterwards and a movie and reading books would sum up my Sunday
@PainsOnSlate (20329)
I love your collage, its all beautiful. I am rarely windup, now in my 70's I do what I want to do and not much other. I do go to the WMCA daily for some aerobics in the water.. I also find coming to mylot is restful too.