Marigolds In Glass

@Raelove (15177)
Saco, Maine
Other than for the purposes of organising them, I don't usually give my photographs titles. But when I was labeling this one to copyright it, the name in the title seemed to fit and to add to its artistic quality. Before anyone starts thinking that this was some big studio setup, rest assured that the only thing involved was to find a pretty cut-glass dish in my China closet, fill it almost to the top with water, and then placing a few marigold blossoms into it whose stems were too short to fit into a standard vase. Then, I moved the whole affair over to a plastic storage tub that I keep under the kitchen window for the cat to climb up on, spilling a little water in the process. And this is the result: another gift from my camera, thanks to Nature, who hasn't steered me wrong yet. It occurred to me as I was assembling this little presentation how the colors in marigolds perfectly complement the autumnal tree foliage color here. Coincidence? Methinks not. For in Nature, there is no such thing, but only a beautiful and spectacular harmony. Photo Copyright@2017 Rachel Lovejoy
That little water adds to this awesome photo! I will do a few of mine on white or black as well, but the center stage is always what nature gave.
@Raelove (15177)
• Saco, Maine
Can't improve on that, ever!
@CoralLevang (39862)
Absolutely lovely photo ... I love how the marigolds pop against the blue background
@Raelove (15177)
• Saco, Maine
Thanks...that was purely by accident. I was trying to find a spot with more sunlight, and that was it. I never expected the photo to turn out the way it did.
@CoralLevang (39862)
@Raelove I I think this needs to be printed and framed and entered into your next County Fair.
@Raelove (15177)
• Saco, Maine
@CoralLevang Thanks...
• Denmark
Very pretty! Congratulations! Where did you get the blue background from?
@Raelove (15177)
• Saco, Maine
Thank you! And to answer your question, the dish sat on a blue plastic storage bin, as mentioned...we call them totes here. Very similar to this one...
• Denmark
@Raelove Aha. I didn't understand the 'plastic storage bin' expression. Neither do I know the term 'tote'. :-(
@Raelove (15177)
• Saco, Maine
@MALUSE Well, now you do. As my mother often said, "You learn something new every day!"
@kobesbuddy (17031)
• East Tawas, Michigan
All of nature is lovely, beautiful, remarkable, and spectacular! Our God does all things good!:) Thanks for this very nice photo, it brings enjoyment to one's heart.
@Raelove (15177)
• Saco, Maine
Yes, he does. At church today, the message was about his Glory, and how it is to be found all around us. Thanks!
@kobesbuddy (17031)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Raelove God creates all things good an beautiful!:)
@Raelove (15177)
• Saco, Maine
@kobesbuddy Yes he does!
@LeaPea2417 (14691)
• Toccoa, Georgia
The picture is lovely :)
@Raelove (15177)
• Saco, Maine
Thank you!
@LeaPea2417 (14691)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@Raelove Your welcome.
@Raelove (15177)
• Saco, Maine
@Emmlex1000 (1274)
• Lagos, Nigeria
It describe Beauty from nature
@Raelove (15177)
• Saco, Maine
Thank you...
@RubyHawk (21451)
• Atlanta, Georgia
The marigolds are lovely and they do look like fall colors.
@Raelove (15177)
• Saco, Maine
Yes, they do. Thanks...
@RubyHawk (21451)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Raelove Marigolds are beautiful fall flowers. I used to have them throughout my garden. They keep bugs away from vegetable plants.
@Raelove (15177)
• Saco, Maine
@RubyHawk Yes, they do. And they last right up until the first hard frost, which many other annuals do not.
Beautiful arrangement of colors. Congratulations.
@Raelove (15177)
• Saco, Maine
Thanks, Marlina. The best part is that it didn't cost me a dime to do! All that beauty for free, thanks to Nature.
@Raelove Mother Nature is very generous.
@Raelove (15177)
• Saco, Maine
@marlina Fortunately for us...imagine life without her beauties?
It is a very pretty picture. The flowers and the dish go together wonderfully.
@Raelove (15177)
• Saco, Maine
It was an experiment, but I do like how it turned out. Thanks!
@Raelove It turned out great. Next Spring I'm going to get some Marigolds and Daffodils probably. They are supposed to stop the voles in the backyard.
@Raelove (15177)
• Saco, Maine
@Susan2015 Marigolds ARE a good deterrent, and from what I've read, daffodil bulbs don't taste good to them.. Good luck!
@rubyriaz007 (1630)
Wow it looks really very beautiful...I love Marigold flowers....
@Raelove (15177)
• Saco, Maine
Thank you, so do I.
@responsiveme (14385)
Lovely photo...Our marigold season will start now
@Raelove (15177)
• Saco, Maine
Thank you...ours is ending, but I look forward to next year's.
Now, that is one gorgeous photo!!! Just lovely!!!
@Raelove (15177)
• Saco, Maine
Thank you...I want to make my "garden" last as long as I can, so I try to keep some of it indoors as much as I can till it's over.
I think that its lovely-perfect colours for this time of the year. I really like your arrangement, sometimes the simple things are the nicest aren't they? It looks like a butter dish cover that I have here, and now I realize that I have another use for it. Of course I have several crystal butter dishes, so once it becomes a vase, it shouldn't ever be used to cover butter again.
@Raelove (15177)
• Saco, Maine
I'm not at all sure where I got the dish, but it works. When I deadheaded the flowers, I realized they were still vibrant but their stems were too short. I'd remember seeing blossoms floating in water once and thought it was pretty, so there you have it.
Lovely picture.
@Raelove (15177)
• Saco, Maine
Thank you!