Football - Packers & New Orleans

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Last week Green Bay's quarterback, Aaron Rodgers, suffered a broken collarbone that puts him out of the game for several weeks if not the whole season. Today they said 8 weeks. That still means almost the entire season, if he comes back for the last game against Detroit. However, contrary to what everybody was saying last week about Aaron's injury being the end of the season for Green Bay, don't believe everything you hear. Green Bay might have lost today against the Saints, but we were ahead until the third quarter with an exchange of field goal points. Brett Hundley did a very good job and he's a runner. At one point I heard he had 44 yards on the ground and he made a touchdown as well. The final score was 27-17 NO. We have a bye next week, and that will work well in our favor to get Brett Hundley more practice. I've always liked him when he's played the preseason, and I really hope the Pack keeps him. He does go free agent next year. I hope he signs the contract with us. That and church was my day so far. I hope your day has gone well. Now to get some interacting done. Thanks for reading.
@just4him I am with you on Hundley. He's a good QB just needs more practice with the first string. 2 weeks of prep could surprise some people when they return from the Bye. Thought they might have won but when they didn't capitalize on the 2 ints in the first half the lack of practice together showed.
Yes, it did. It did look like we might pull it off. I'm hoping the bye will change a lot with the practice he's going to get. It will also give the players time to heal from injuries.
Sounds like a good day for you. A very nice day here too.
It was good. Rained all day, but no complaints.
@1hopefulman (28551)
You did at least two things that you enjoy good. It was a good day here also.
I'm glad you had a good day.
@mandala100 (43571)
@just4him Thank you my friend for sharing this post.
You're welcome.
@nanette64 (17612)
• Fairfield, Texas
I couldn't believe the Saints won @just4him . I was shocked. The Cowboys did win their's 40-10 over the 49ers. I kinda feel bad for the 49ers (0-7) but they've got a new QB too; Beathard. I hate to make a pun about the guys last name but the Cowboys did 'Beat' him 'Hard'.
I guess they did. I was hoping for a win. Oh well, there's still plenty of season left, and I think with the more he practices and plays, he'll get better and we could make it to the playoffs.
@nanette64 (17612)
• Fairfield, Texas
@just4him It would be totally cool if the Pack & Cowboys played against each other again in the playoffs. You and I wouldn't need a telephone to communicate. The whole country would be able to hear us.
@nanette64 Yes, but who would you be rooting for? You know who I would, but since you like both teams, it would be hard. At least you would be happy no matter who won.
My son and husband discussed his injury last week. Not a good one. I believe it's his 4th. Well, glad your day was good!
Second for the collarbone, but he has been out with a concussion as well. I don't know what else would make it four. Oh well, the memory isn't as sharp as it used to be.
@just4him I know nothing about him other than what I heard.
@DianneN I know you leave the sports to the men in your family.
He did a nice job filling in. I think we could still at least make an appearance in the playoffs, but Green Bay must shore up the defense.
There's a lot of room for improvement, and with the bye, I think they'll be looking at all of it.
@Elizaby (3664)
• Pensacola, Florida
Hopefully he will prove himself over the coming weeks and the Packers make him an offer that he can't refused
I hope they do. He's a good player.
I don't think Green Bay's chances are good after Rodgers' injury. Hard to lose your main man.
I'm not giving up hope. Hundley did a good job yesterday.
I am glad you enjoyed the game and your church service.
Thank you. They were both very good. Even if we did lose.
I think he did pretty good and will do even better next time.
Let's hope so, seeing as we're playing the Lions tonight at Lambeau.