Hallucinations

I've been doing good for weeks. I've only had a few hallucinations in the last few weeks. Mostly they are tactile,and very unpleasant. Even scary at times. I generally know when it is a hallucination. I do hear voices and have visual hallucinations, but the majority are tactile and olfactory. I take antipsychotics. People sometimes advise natural methods to deal with the hallucinations, but I always say I'm going to stick with meds because they work most of the time. Does anyone else have to deal with hallucinations? or am I alone in this ?
The medication should help and if you are still having hallucinations maybe you should tell your doctor and he can give you a higher dose or an addiction medication. Since you know its not real do not pay them any attention and maybe they will go away. No I do not have hallucinations and I do not hear voices.
Yeah I see my doctor in a couple weeks
i have audio and visual hallucinations. I get an antipsychotic by injections every two weeks. I have been better lately but had some tough times
I'm sorry to hear that. I know how you feel
@riverwild I am sorry about yours as i do know how you feel and would not wish it on my greatest enemy
I have insomia, but not hallucinations. Although, I do somtimes see things that arn't there on a mild level because of my constant lack of sleep, but I don't think they are concrete enough to call them hallucinations.
Yes sometimes like of sleep can cause it
I know youre not alone. I dont but like you I would probably stick with what is known to work for you. Hope it continues to go well.
thank you maezee
@Lolaze (2866)
• St. Louis, Missouri
I deal with them at times also and take medications too.
You are wise to take the medications. I do not have hallucinations, but I am bipolar. Mental illness is not to be taken lightly so good for you for knowing you need to handle it. If you could you might want to make your appointment with your doctor earlier than it is scheduled. And I should take my own advice:my depression is much worse lately.