Abandoned Public Telephone Booth

Image Credit: atmajayanews.files.wordpress.com
@yanzalong (8735)
Indonesia
Since just everyone has mobile phones, public telephone booths seem to have been no longer in use and are seemingly neglected. Graffiti and scribbles have framed the wall of the booth even on the phone body itself. If all phones are neglected and no longer in function, how would you make a call if you yourself haven't got a phone on you (you left it or got it stolen)? What would you suggest it should be done in regard to this matter? Image Credit: atmajayanews.files.wordpress.com
@Ithink (6790)
It would be nice to see them back, not everyone owns a cell phone.
@yanzalong (8735)
I agree with you. Besides, cellular networks sometimes don't work as expected. Have them repaired is recommended action, I think.
@Ithink (6790)
@yanzalong I agree as I'm one of the ones that don't have a cell.
@yanzalong (8735)
@Ithink No kidding?
@mythociate (13902)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
I think we should use them---it's kinda rude to be 'on the phone' out in the middle of public?
@yanzalong (8735)
The reality is that all phone booths are no longer in use and most of the phones are out of order.
@mythociate (13902)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
@yanzalong right; I'm not saying 'use their phones,' I'm saying 'talk on your phone INSIDE THE BOOTH"
@yanzalong (8735)
@mythociate Absolutely.
A friend of mine posted a public phone booth that she saw in Canada. Surprisingly, it still works. I'm all for keeping these phone booths in working condition.
@yanzalong (8735)
That's good. Don't let others destroy them.
• Boston, Massachusetts
just take them out. they probably don't work anymore and they are an eyesore
@yanzalong (8735)
Replace with better ones.
They should renovate those phone booths, because you never know when they are going to be needed again. Cellphones are indeed a good mediums of communication, but what happens if some thing happens to the signal.
@yanzalong (8735)
You are very right.
@Teep11 (6514)
A lot of phone booths have been neglected due to the use of mobile devices. I'm sure somewhere there are persons who may need to use the phone booths. It's disappointing that there's damage to the booths.
@yanzalong (8735)
Ya, that's terrible. The telephone booths belong to the local government. They should do something about it.
• Guangdong, China
In the pass few years, I still could see some telephone booth on the streets, but recently, all the telephone booths seemed to be demolished.